Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-05-2005, 11:40 PM Reply   
Well, one of my best friends is about to buy an 05 and I just wanted to hear any thoughts from anyone about them. He test drove it and absolutley loved it, but didnt get to ride behind it but thought the wake size and shape looked amazing. Any thing would help, thanks!
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-06-2005, 8:31 AM Reply   
anyone ou there ever rode behind one or own one?
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-06-2005, 8:40 AM Reply   
Don't worry, people will chime in when they find this post. I used to have an 02 Pro-V. The guy who bought mine loves it, I think possibly more than I loved it.
Old     (ivyrider)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-06-2005, 10:40 AM Reply   
I learned to wakeboard behind an '02. It was a beautiful boat. There was a few things on ther ethat were nice that I didn't realize werent on every boat, like the quick fill tanks. And it only took a sec to empty too, that was cool, and the shower, which never really got to use in the summer at Havasu. It was a very nice boat. Haven't ridden it since I started riding though.
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-06-2005, 11:02 AM Reply   
Remember the quick fill is only 700lbs, you will still probably want some fat sacs all over the boat. It is a big boat and one key is to sink the whole boat down, not just the back or bow.
Old     (rebel_ma)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-06-2005, 2:02 PM Reply   
Just brought our '05 home in February. We love it. It is a very roomy boat, one of the main points for us. We don't weight our boat at this time, the wake is great just as it is. (with the stock ballast) She rides really nice and I love the way she looks. But it truly is a personal thing. We looked at Centurions, Sangers, Malibu, Mastercraft and MB's in addition to the Calabria. I don't think I would have hated any of them. Calabria had the best combination of the things WE placed as a priority. I only have good things to say about Calabria. Thier customer service is awesome. (The factory and my dealer!)

Good Luck!
Old     (nautiquelover)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-06-2005, 2:14 PM Reply   
You can load about 10 peeps into those boats and still have room. So that is cool. Afriend of mine has one, and loves it. The wake is respectable, nothing that would amaze you but a good wake. From what I know if you are looking for a "big" boarding boat it's probably the best boat for the money.
Old    clubjoeskier            04-06-2005, 3:17 PM Reply   
Tyler--Got mine in Sept 04, and love it. My post could read like Jessica's, word for word. Your friend will probably really like it..

Watch out for the wake shape though...I don't know about anyone else, but it seemed to get steeper, faster, than other boat wakes I've been on......Maybe it was just me?

Old     (john30)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-06-2005, 7:20 PM Reply   
I've got Bsflowers old boat and it rocks!! I've run 2/350# bags, 1/540# bag, factory 700# ballast, and a full tank (65 gallons). The wake was scary huge! I dont run that all the time cause I would need to reprop but I do run the 540#,factory,and a full tank and thats pretty good for me. Might add 350# to that this summer. Whats up Laci?!