Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 15, 2006

Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-30-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
I have heard these are possibly the best covers out there . Thinking about black but wondering if the Sunbrella fabric in black holds up well? Anybody have one ?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-30-2006, 1:37 PM Reply   
Had a black Rankin my Moomba for five years, stored the boat outside, and the cover held up like a champ. I just ordered another black Rankin a week ago for my new boat. I've yet to see a better made longer lasting towable cover.

Upload

(Message edited by SEATTLE on September 30, 2006)
Old    oscarc            09-30-2006, 2:02 PM Reply   
I just purchased a Covercrafts cover. Very similar cover, no puddle pole. The guy that runs Covercrafts use to work at rankin. IMO Covercrafts is the way to go. You can see what others are saying about these covers at TMC. Upload
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-30-2006, 3:47 PM Reply   
Oscar, is Corey making the covercrafts? Rankin has done a great job for many years. Great product...
Old    oscarc            09-30-2006, 5:14 PM Reply   
Yes he is, very nice guy to deal with.
Old     (boss210)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-30-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
do they have a address so I can see if I can get A cover for my boat made
Old    oscarc            09-30-2006, 7:16 PM Reply   
Covercrafts.com, the site is very basic it helps to email him at info@covercrafts.com
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-30-2006, 8:54 PM Reply   
they don't do Sangers! Unfortunatly!
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-30-2006, 9:03 PM Reply   
Douglas--
I called there sales person on Friday and they said do make them for Sangers and could take my order.
Old     (wakeshoe)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-01-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
Guys,
I have a 2004 Moomba Mobius LSV that we store outside year round. The cover that came with the boat just tore at the front puddle pole and we need to get a new cover. Given the price, would you just order a new cover from Moomba, or get a cover from either Rankin or Covercrafts? I don't like the Moomba pole system because it just doesn't keep the rain from pooling up. Does either the Rankin or Covercraft avoid pooling problems from rains? Also, the Moomba cover is a pain in the rear to put on, given the additional poling we had to do to keep the pooling from occuring. We actually put a tripod in the middle, next to the drivers seat, a large, plastic flowerpot, upside down on the boat nose seat, the pole in the nose area and the two poles in front of the rear seat (which you have to take off the side seat covers to put the poles up). All in all a real pain. I need something easy to use, will last long in Austin, TX weather, and will resist puddles forming from rain. Any suggestions would be great.
Old    oscarc            10-01-2006, 10:11 AM Reply   
I believe both are meant to shed water. I know Covercrafts uses sunbrella, it's water resistant so it still breathes which is important (no mildew). Since I got my cover we've seen some rain (rarely happens here lol) and I've got no pooling and I don't use any poles.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-02-2006, 9:39 AM Reply   
I guess the myth that Rankin does not make covers for Sangers is false. I just ordered this morning from them with no issues .
Old     (load)      Join Date: Jul 2003       10-02-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
They must have turned over a new leaf, would of if I could of, next time maybe!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-02-2006, 1:00 PM Reply   
Better pics of the cover

Upload
Upload

In the original I didn't have the cover tightened down.
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-02-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
Cliff--
How long did it take them to get the cover to you ? They are telling me about 3-4 weeks but I have heard from other sites that it could be 6 weeks. As long as it turns out nice like the one in your pic, they can take there time .
Old     (john)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-02-2006, 3:34 PM Reply   
FYI - Ordered from Covercrafts last Tuesday and received UPS tracking number today (Monday). Expected delivery is Thursday.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-02-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
I ordered mine last Friday for the new boat. I was told it would be to me by next Friday.
Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       10-03-2006, 6:34 AM Reply   
Had ours since 04. Works great.
Upload
Upload
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-13-2006, 11:11 AM Reply   
I received my Rankin cover today via UPS. I ordered on 10-2-06 and received on 10-13-06. Faster than I thought it would be. Have not had a chance to perform a fit test yet. Maybe on the weekend.