Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    parkswakeboardr            08-27-2004, 7:05 AM Reply   
Hey, my 15 year old brother wont be wakeboarding for the rest of the year. He didnt tighten the screws on his binding and he wasnt wearing a helmet. He was going up a ramp and the screw poped out so his leg twisted around and he went face first into the ramp. He broke his ankle, leg, and nose, and he also had a little bit of a concusion. I hope you will have him in your prayers.
Thanks
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       08-27-2004, 7:08 AM Reply   
Damn! That makes me want to make sure everything is good and tight. Here's to a speedy recovery, and a prayer that it'll never happen again.

-Blake
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-27-2004, 7:17 AM Reply   
we wish him a speedy recovery.
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-27-2004, 7:20 AM Reply   
i wish him the best. severe wakeboarding injuries are no fun. hopefully he heals quickly and can get back on the water asap next spring.

as a suggestion, do things around the house to make his life easier. move furniure around to make it easier on him. get rid of rugs as they are slippery with crutches. it is really hard to carry stuff with crutches so be prepared to help him out a lot. make sure his friends come visit a lot. those types of things make life so much easier on him. I was lucky that my family came and helped me out a lot.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-27-2004, 7:22 AM Reply   
holy crap!

Well, hopefully the broken ankle and leg are both on the same side. Good luck to your brother.
Old    edward            08-27-2004, 7:39 AM Reply   
damn that sucks hope he can board up to his full ability next summer. i had one time one binding screw pop out and actually i got a couple of w2w jumps in because at first i thought my foot was moving in the binding but then the whole binding moved like 4 inches and was like whoa that ain't my foot! so i imediatly switched to non-thumbscrews and i still check them before every ride.
Old     (shewakes)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-27-2004, 8:07 AM Reply   
Ryan, your brother is in my prayers and I wish him a fast recovery. He'll be back on the water in no time.
Old    parkswakeboardr            08-27-2004, 6:35 PM Reply   
He also had a cut and got some lake infection, i dont remember what it is called. But it is really bad. It sucks
Old    sherlock633            08-27-2004, 7:55 PM Reply   
i'm new to this sport and i shall learn from his mistake. he shall be in my prayers.may he have a fast recovery.