Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-01-2016, 5:47 PM Reply   
Heyyo Wakeworld gang, I know in the past I've had great support getting some donations from the companies that frequent the site so I figured I would try again....

My wife has always been involved in Non-profits and her new role is "Development Director" for five central Wisconsin local Boys and Girls Club locations. They have a fundraising event coming up at the end of April, part of the event will be a silent auction and/or raffle prizes. I am planning on putting together a few "Watersports" baskets myself, but if any other manufacturer here on the site would like to donate anything to this, we would really appreciate it! What planned on putting together were packages that had a wakeboard/ski boot setup, rope + handle + life vest(s) + gas card. I know in her past fund raisers the watersports gear usually were the highest fetching item(s). They are a 501.c3 so any donation that is made, I can get the donor a charity donation tax slip.

In addition to the fund raiser, my wife and I will have kids from the club out twice a month during the summer to learn to ski / wakeboard / etc etc. If kids enjoy it and want to stick with it, a local show ski team is waiving the "membership dues" for these kids so they can keep progressing.

.... a little about the Boys and Girls Club, specific to our area. Most of the kids that attend come from less fortunate house-holds; 67% of the kids are on free or reduced lunches when at school. The club takes kids in five days a week before and after school; and all day during the summers. Kids are served two meals during the school year, three during the summer. The Club just asks for $10/kid for the whole year.... which is much cheaper than daycare / a baby sitter for most of these families. If a family cannot afford that, the cost can be waived. Obviously the $10 doesn't come close to covering the costs, hence the need for my wife's position and events like this.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to read this!

Any donations people would like to keep off of this thread can email me or my wife directly at:
tomsyckn@gmail.com (me)
or
ktomsyck@bgcwra.org (my wife - Katie)

Probably a long shot but, If you're in the Central Wisconsin area and would like to attend the event, the link below has info about tickets / date / time.... and if the ice is out by then I'll owe you a pull before or after the event!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1669777996615060/

Thanks again!

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 03-01-2016 at 5:50 PM.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-02-2016, 2:51 PM Reply   
Nick, www.spotlessboat.com wants to donate some Spotless Water Spot Remover with Wax to put in your "watersports basket." and for your rig for taking out the kids. Sending you email.

Thanks for letting us know!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-02-2016, 4:57 PM Reply   
Got your email and have responded - THANK YOU!!!!!!

Also big thanks to the others who have emailed! My wife was in tears when I met her for lunch with how much support we've gotten already! You're making her job too easy!

Thanks again!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-04-2016, 2:58 PM Reply   
I'll kick in on some gas cards.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-04-2016, 9:56 PM Reply   
That would be awesome!
If you want to shoot me an email at : tomsyckn@gmail.com I'll get you my wife's contact info and she can set you up with the tax donation form(s), etc etc.

THANK YOU, we really appreciate it!

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 03-04-2016 at 9:59 PM.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-07-2016, 1:32 PM Reply   
Big Thanks to everyone who donated!!!!

The event is just a couple of weeks out now, so I'll make sure to update on how all the items did at auction when its over!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-13-2016, 9:23 AM Reply   
thanks for the reminder. sending you an email to get details sorted
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-02-2016, 6:40 PM Reply   
The event was last Friday and it was a huge success!!!!!
Thank you everyone who donated (your tax write-off forms for the donations are coming this week).

My wife told me they raised over $23,000 for the kids, which the biggest event they have had yet!
Thank you again to everyone who donated!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       05-04-2016, 2:37 PM Reply   
Awesome!! I know it wasn't much, but happy to help out. would love to see some pics from this summer. Great work putting it together and making it successful
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-04-2016, 6:39 PM Reply   
Outstanding!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-05-2016, 6:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
I know it wasn't much, but happy to help out. would love to see some pics from this summer.
I broke yours up into two $50 cards and bought gas cans to go with ... we had one package so stocked with stuff, the only thing it was missing was a boat itself.

Hopefully photos start flowing, that will mean its finally getting warm around here