Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pimpind)      Join Date: Sep 2010       04-15-2015, 11:04 AM Reply   
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-OMJo67zBE

Is Mastercraft joking with that video? The disclaimer at the end is also laughable... professional athletes in a controlled area? How was that poor mom trying a rally a professional? She could have been seriously injured and lost her ability to reproduce. How do MX bikes jumping to lakes promote a boat, all i see is excess oil and fuel split into a perfectly clean lake. I would have expected more from a company that want to be the #1 tow boat manf. in the world. Shame on you MC.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       04-15-2015, 11:41 AM Reply   
I agree. The bike into the lake and the rally attempts were plain dumb. This kind of stuff makes the sport look bad. Not sure what they were thinking
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       04-15-2015, 11:55 AM Reply   
Stupid video, can't believe a boat manufacturer actually endorsed that!
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       04-15-2015, 12:13 PM Reply   
Parks hanging out with one of the guys from Nitro Circus on a MC and it becomes a MC video. My first impression was from Squidbillies, but it wasn't a truck-boat-truck.

Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-15-2015, 12:15 PM Reply   
It just looks like some stuff my friends and I would try if we had money to burn.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-15-2015, 12:44 PM Reply   
Looked petty fun to me. Brunette is smoking hot also.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-15-2015, 12:44 PM Reply   
I'm a MC guy but they are proving over and over that they are out of touch with the things that actually matter.
Old     (Goonz)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-15-2015, 12:46 PM Reply   
It was mildly entertaining. I'll give them that.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       04-15-2015, 1:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Looked petty fun to me. Brunette is smoking hot also.
^^^^THIS.

But like the video or not, they have all of you guys talking about it and everyone else clicking on it to see why you have your panties in a bunch. LMAO.

Haven't you every heard that saying that "there's no such thing as bad publicity"?
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       04-15-2015, 1:18 PM Reply   
I get it, they are showing the whole family fun concept, but who wouldn't kill to have a day out on your private lake with parks teaching you how to ride...

Any guesses for pricing? since the 20' was "50k all" but really 70k. Is this going to be targeted at the price conscious buyer, like that family clearly is..., at 80k?
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-15-2015, 1:19 PM Reply   
Rumor on TT is

$66000 base
$80000 w surf Conv and trailer. Msrp

Since a NXT20 is 50k base and actually sells for 65 I can only assume that NXT is actually 81k base
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-15-2015, 1:22 PM Reply   
I am a mastercraft owner and here to say the A22 looks waaaaaaayyyyy better than that NXT. Hands down better. Looks like the NXT is a better family boat with crossover ability. But if your not skiing and your tubing surfing and wakeboarding to me its a now brainer unless your just an MC nut.
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-15-2015, 1:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am a mastercraft owner and here to say the A22 looks waaaaaaayyyyy better than that NXT. Hands down better. Looks like the NXT is a better family boat with crossover ability. But if your not skiing and your tubing surfing and wakeboarding to me its a now brainer unless your just an MC nut.
As an MC owner I hate the nxt and think comparing an A22 to a NXT is like comparing apples to dog $h**
Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-15-2015, 1:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamburell View Post
Rumor on TT is

$66000 base
$80000 w surf Conv and trailer. Msrp

Since a NXT20 is 50k base and actually sells for 65 I can only assume that NXT is actually 81k base
All the prices are here
http://www.mastercraft.com//assets/boat/34.pdf
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-15-2015, 1:58 PM Reply   
I like entertaining content and the video certainly had that… funny to see them pulling that big tube from the tower…only 2000 lbs of ballast upgraded though… i want the option for more plug and play… my friend just got into the new axis t23 for around the 80's mark w the 450…
Old     (Rusty)      Join Date: Mar 2014       04-15-2015, 2:28 PM Reply   
If you look closely they're not pulling that tube from that tower. There's huge tow lines anchored to the rear of the boat. They probably have the top one from the tower to trick you into thinking that it's strong enough to support that thing on its own, and that couldn't be further from the truth.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-15-2015, 4:43 PM Reply   
It was pretty stupid how it said they were all trained professionals when they were clearly all amateurs. Now your promoting someone to go out and try a backflip in to a lake that has never tried it before? The boat itself is nice looking but I still hate that tower. Overall looking at one of these at the boat show I wasn't impressed at all. I think MC needs to realize they are a "high end boat" and not try and play in the lower market.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       04-15-2015, 5:28 PM Reply   
Looked like a group of people having fun to me. Someone better tell them they should just cruise around in their expensive boat and act superior to anyone else with a lesser boat LOL.

Is there a written set of rules that must be followed by owners and manufacturers?
Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-15-2015, 7:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloungelife View Post
I agree. The bike into the lake and the rally attempts were plain dumb. This kind of stuff makes the sport look bad. Not sure what they were thinking
I hope you guys know there is barely any gas in those bikes when they go in the water and if you noticed they pull the bikes right out of the water. So stop getting your panties all in a bunch. And they release these videos to have fun with a new boat release. If you want to watch their normal videos on the boat go to Vimeo and search mastercraft
Old     (kramer)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-15-2015, 9:49 PM Reply   
It made me cringe watching those ktm's getting dunked in the water. They look like they rolled straight off the show room floor and into the water... I have to much respect for my toys to do that no matter how much money I have.
Old     (mfifer)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-16-2015, 5:35 AM Reply   
Mastercraft missing their target audience, Older conservative upper class men, with sticks up their ass. Of course that is the only people that can afford wake boats.
Looks awesome and fun to me, something I could definitely see myself still doing when old riding buddies from years past got together.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-16-2015, 7:06 AM Reply   
Fun video but it doesn't really tell us much about the boat.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-16-2015, 7:25 AM Reply   
The main thing I noticed is the crazy amount of bow rise on that boat.
Old     (LukeR103)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-16-2015, 12:33 PM Reply   
The only thing wrong with the video is that someone didn't do this sooner!
Lighten up

Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       04-16-2015, 12:35 PM Reply   
It is not as bad as I was expecting and not as fun as I was expecting.

The pulling the bounce house was kind of funny.
Old     (JamesHawk101)      Join Date: Sep 2012       04-16-2015, 12:45 PM Reply   
Everyone realizes this is the Godfrey Clan correct? The family that owns nitro circus a stunt group that does stuff that jackass does but doesn't get hurt.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       04-16-2015, 12:56 PM Reply   
Wha-oh...here comes a flock of wanh-wanhs!
Old     (broncofan)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-16-2015, 2:16 PM Reply   
Can't believe all the negative comments. I thought it looked like fun. Sounds like some snobs are upset that they disrespected such a prestigious brand like MC with this backwoods fun. Get over yourselves. What are we wakeboarders or lames?

P.S. the Heather Godfrey is BANGING!!!
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-16-2015, 3:08 PM Reply   
My kinda party. Just sayin
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-17-2015, 8:03 AM Reply   
I would have gone out there and partied with them! Looked like fun. You can't yell at a boat company looking to branch out. Simple fact is most of the world can't afford a new X-Star or G-23 so trying to branch out and get more capital coming in so they can keep producing new top level boats is not bad. Hell they have Donovan Frankinreader (Speeling sorry I didnt have time to goggle his name spelling) on the team. All the boat companies are branching out looking for new buyers, from Nascar drivers to UFC fighters, they are just trying to keep selling boats.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-20-2015, 9:19 AM Reply   
Video was awesome. 9/10 will watch again.
The only thing I didn't like about this video, was that I wasn't there with them making it.
Old     (tracktor)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-20-2015, 11:29 AM Reply   
You all missed the beaching of a boat in your list of butthurt-

This thread is hilarious. This vid is tame compared to the regular Nitro stuff........My only bitch is we have to do this stuff on a much lower budget.......
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-20-2015, 4:30 PM Reply   
I was expecting something awful from the hate and I'm left wondering why people hated this?

I'm giving Mastercraft props for this video.

This video shows some of the insane fun you can have with a boat doing crazy stuff at the lake with friends and family. That's how I grew up and it was awesome.

Was it bad that the girl couldn't do a raley? The fun of going out and trying new stuff on a wakeboard was depicted quite well. I think it's great that they emphasize the FUN of the lake over technical wakeboard tricks.
Old     (wake2snow)      Join Date: Oct 2010       04-21-2015, 7:36 AM Reply   
for all you haters and sally's here's your good old traditional video of the boat

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-22-2015, 2:23 PM Reply   
I don't know how or Why anyone would be surprised at MasterCrafts advertising. Wasn't it them Advertising the NXT with the Guy waksurfing drinking a Beer wearing the ISIS mask? Why would you be botherd by any of this?

Doesn't everyone use their boat to retrieve sunken dirt bikes by hauling them up and dragging them across the swim deck.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-22-2015, 8:37 PM Reply   
mc is struggling hard to compete within the family boat market. surfgate and nss are killing them. argue if you like but it true.
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-22-2015, 9:09 PM Reply   
the ad is certainly well targeted at a specific audience... not my style but I guess you can't please everyone.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-23-2015, 6:48 AM Reply   
So your boat pumping carbons into the lake through the engine exhaust is okay but jumping a bike into to water and transferring a little gas and oil is bad?
I think both kind of suck. But I feel like I can't really criticize people for potentially polluting the water as a wakeboarder.

I thought the video was fun. It felt like it was aimed at the younger crowd that is out there having fun and doing crazy ****. My friends.

And.... I do think that my 2015 Axis A22 is a better looking boat than the NXT. But I'm biased of course.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       04-23-2015, 11:50 AM Reply   
I don't get the confusion on this at all. Targeting "adventurous/action sports oriented" 40+ people with families. Many of us that grew up wakeboarding / snowboarding, etc as kids now are financially stable and have our own families. Seems like a good market demographic to advertise to IMO.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-23-2015, 12:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_balon View Post
mc is struggling hard to compete within the family boat market. surfgate and nss are killing them. argue if you like but it true.
You obliviously have not ridden a bat equipped with GEN2. GEN2 on my X23 blows these out of the water.
Old     (ldeisel42)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-28-2015, 9:14 AM Reply   
entertaining to me! i like a video that does something different.. I ride dirt bikes too so I like the mixture.
Old     (MarkMason)      Join Date: Feb 2014       04-28-2015, 11:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davez71 View Post
You obliviously have not ridden a bat equipped with GEN2. GEN2 on my X23 blows these out of the water.
I agree. I went out and test drove a 23LSV, G23 and X23 with in the last couple of weeks.
The X23 w/ Gen2 surf wave IMO, is far superior compared to the other 2. Length, Push, Size and Shape- advantage- Gen2.
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       04-28-2015, 12:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
I don't get the confusion on this at all. Targeting "adventurous/action sports oriented" 40+ people with families. Many of us that grew up wakeboarding / snowboarding, etc as kids now are financially stable and have our own families. Seems like a good market demographic to advertise to IMO.
I think this might be true. That is probably the best market for new boats. I think for some of us, like myself (31/No family/2003 boat/urban millenial) can't relate to it though. Then again, I also think energy drinks are bull sh**, and grabbing between your toes and nose is forbidden. Would be fun to demo the wake though.