Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-23-2012, 12:57 PM Reply   
>>> that decide all trailer jacks must be fitted on the passenger side of the frame? What a maroon And why do all the builder follow along? Low boys, flat beds, boat trailers, car haulers.. you name it. I do almost everything alone and running around the darn trailer is a huge hassle.

I have now moved the jacks on all three of my trailers to the drivers side with no adverse effects. I didn't get a rash or jumbies or anything.

No longer will I do laps around the trailer or smash my shins on the frame. sheesh.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-23-2012, 1:08 PM Reply   
All my trailers r on the drivers side of the car. Are you driving on the wrong side of the car? Do you have one of those postal carrier jeeps with the driver on the right? Am i confused?

I just quickly looked at saved photos on the phone and every boat trailered on there has the jack on the left side (drivers side of car).
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-23-2012, 1:29 PM Reply   
Just unlucky I guess.
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-23-2012, 1:33 PM Reply   
All the ones I've seen(and paid any attention to) are on the drivers side also!LOL.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-23-2012, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitkiller View Post
Just unlucky I guess.
Get urself a G23 or Xstar...theyre on the drivers side LOL
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-23-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
You know? All my stuff is old. me too. There may a connection here.... yathink?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-23-2012, 1:48 PM Reply   
Yeah all my trailers have been on the driver's side.....
Old     (shredthagnar)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-23-2012, 1:55 PM Reply   
Maybe he's just into european trailers. Haha
Old     (SacSurfer)      Join Date: May 2012       07-23-2012, 1:56 PM Reply   
My Boat mate trailer from 07' is on the driver side
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-23-2012, 2:11 PM Reply   
Tool feeling in full effect. Thanks fellas.

Monday sucks... At least I took the first set ever on the restored '79 Nautique this morning. Been down hill from there.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-23-2012, 2:12 PM Reply   
I've had 7 different boats in 10 years and every jack has been on the drivers side. :-)
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-23-2012, 2:24 PM Reply   
Y'all are just piling on now... Pack mentality, like dogs...
Old     (kskonn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-23-2012, 2:27 PM Reply   
Ok I will help you out, My boat trailer is on the driver side but my car hauler is directly in the middle. So none on the passenger side but one in the middle, we are getting closer!
Old     (nitrousbird)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-23-2012, 2:39 PM Reply   
The EZ Loader for previous my boat, our current SMP trailer, and my open car hauler are all on the driver's side.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-23-2012, 2:54 PM Reply   
Of the last 3 trailers I have owned I had one on the driver's side, one in the middle, and one on the passenger's side (that I relocated to the driver's side). I agree, stepping over is a pain. I guess I would need to run around if I were in a dress...
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-23-2012, 2:56 PM Reply   
Maybe one of your buddies has pulled a prank on you and switched them to the passenger sides when they were really on the drivers side

Awesome you got to take out the '79 CC today!
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-23-2012, 2:57 PM Reply   
Thank God. 5:30 is here and I can have a beer..
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       07-23-2012, 2:59 PM Reply   
Passenger side on mine. It never bothered me and I never gave it any thought until reading your post. It's just the way it is and it doesn't bother me or affect my routine. I'm pretty quick, but putting the boat away isn't a Nascar pit crew operation for me where every second counts.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-23-2012, 3:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
Maybe one of your buddies has pulled a prank on you and switched them to the passenger sides when they were really on the drivers side

Awesome you got to take out the '79 CC today!

I was really impressed with the wake. 23mph at 70' it was steep, narrow and clean. I dunno, maybe a little less than knee high. Quite booty. No ballast just full fuel, 3 adults and six kids it was way better than the old outboard. Water was choppy as heck so everybody took one quick set and came home, went to work.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       07-23-2012, 9:09 PM Reply   
I have never had one on the passenger side. I'm going to start paying attention to that at the docks now.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-24-2012, 12:44 AM Reply   
So this whole time I'm thinking the guy posting this must be from the uk. I checked your profile and now it just seems you either have bad luck or are dyslectic.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-24-2012, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by LR3w8kbrdr View Post
All my trailers r on the drivers side of the car. Are you driving on the wrong side of the car? Do you have one of those postal carrier jeeps with the driver on the right? Am i confused?

I just quickly looked at saved photos on the phone and every boat trailered on there has the jack on the left side (drivers side of car).
LOL....thanks for the chuckle. I was thinking exactly what you wrote, as I've never seen one anywhere except on the driver's side. Of course, I can't say I've actively paid attention to notice. I've had 5 boats and all 5 trailers had the jack on the driver's side.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            07-24-2012, 10:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by baitkiller View Post
I was really impressed with the wake. 23mph at 70' it was steep, narrow and clean. I dunno, maybe a little less than knee high. Quite booty. No ballast just full fuel, 3 adults and six kids it was way better than the old outboard. Water was choppy as heck so everybody took one quick set and came home, went to work.
Im trying to get my hands on one of these but maybe you should have one too to sport with the new Ski Tique. Theyre from 1978!

Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-24-2012, 11:27 AM Reply   
I have one on both sides One in the stock and one further back on the frame since my driveway immediately shoots the shy after you exit the garage.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-31-2012, 1:01 PM Reply   
Now that you mention it I have found myself hopping over the tongue thinking this is a silly set up...or maybe it was because I'm left handed and always feel crossed up. I also find the wheel is always in the wrong direction or won't spin around when needed.
Old     (val_cal)      Join Date: Aug 2008       07-31-2012, 9:31 PM Reply   
My cousin's 99 BU has it on the passenger side.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-01-2012, 5:06 AM Reply   
My eagle trailer has it on the passenger side. Since I'm not a wakeboarder or athletic, I have a really hard time stepping over the trailer tongue to kick it up. I also don't do a pre-ride inspection of my rig, I am a lazy American... time is money