Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-18-2012, 8:14 PM Reply   
Ok so if anyone is bored...I HAVE A FEW RANDOM QUESTIONS. And Yes this is a Tarp Thread.

I dont live near a large hardware store so I am doing some research before I pull my boat out tomorrow night, and would like to get the tarp before I have the boat out.

I am taking my boat out of my barn and de winterizing tomorrow. I have a 06 23' B52 with the really nice cover that came stock. I live in CA and we have very long summers that are virtually rain free, but can get some showers most of May and even into late June. I store my boat in an old low cieling barn and have to basically remove my tower, I dont want to do this every day during the summer so will be buliding a metal shed for the boat....but until then

Question 1- I want to prevent UV damage on the cover and exposed side of boat, my driveway gets blasted by sun all day on the starboard side of the boat. What size of white tarp would cover front to swimdeck, and basically down to the trailer's tire (on both sides of boat). I have the regular tower that came on the 06B52s Skylon with a Zieman Trailer, BUT HAVE 4 Wetsound Pro 80s stickng straight UP above the tower. How high is this? Has anyone measured their trailed boat's height?
--I was thinking a 30' by 24' Tarp would do the trick.

Question 2- What is a way to repair a small rip in the original MB cover? Its on the edge, not in the main part of the cover. Sew? or....

Question 3- What is a good water proofing agent? Prefer a spary, for the original MB cover? Camp Dry?

Thanks
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-18-2012, 8:18 PM Reply   
This is what I used on a 24ft Centurion Enzo with the tower up. Covers over the tower down to the wheels.
http://www.toyboxcovers.com/adco-rv-...ers-c-396.html
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-18-2012, 9:19 PM Reply   
I use a cover made for boats with t tops. I leave my towable cover on then throw the t top cover over the tower, bimini and everything. Works great. It is loose enough for good air flow but keeps the rain and sun off my boat and cover. They run about $350 or so. Ordered it online. Indoors would be better but just is not an option down here living on base in BFE Louisiana.

I used a tarp for a couple months when I was up in washington state for the same purpose. It took about 30 minutes to get right and was very cumbersome. I used it once and just left it when I moved. The t top cover takes about 5-6 minutes and covers just as well. Tarps suck.