Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-07-2011, 10:42 PM Reply   
This morning i took a set filming with Ryan Light, and mannn i smacked hard!
ENJOY!

ps i think if i were wearing a helmet my brain would look like that can of worms posted in the hemet thread due to the increased surface area.
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       10-08-2011, 7:42 AM Reply   
The speed of the whip into the water looked like it dried your hair real quick before dunking you again. Wicked crash man, hope you walk that one off.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-08-2011, 9:53 AM Reply   
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Man, that looked nasty. I took the same type of fall early this year, almost identical. My arms has quarter inch welts everywhere they hit the water. I was wearing a CGA and a helmet though so it didn't really hurt at all except for the welts. If your head took any trauma there, a helmet would have probably prevented it 99%. Concussions add up, and they don't show the damage they've done to you until you are old and can't remember what happened 5 minutes ago. Wear a helmet kids, that video should be the PSA.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-08-2011, 12:30 PM Reply   
A helmet would of helped a ton with that slap. Taken those myself with and without but hey your young. When you've got 6 or 7 under belt, you might think differently.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-08-2011, 12:45 PM Reply   
I find it odd the mentality of seeming to be proud of getting a concussion.......
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-08-2011, 1:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by behindtheboat View Post
I find it odd the mentality of seeming to be proud of getting a concussion.......
I didn't say i was proud anywhere, but i do enjoy sharing crash videos, and definitely think they are awesome to watch.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-08-2011, 1:54 PM Reply   
That's a brutal fall.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-08-2011, 1:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_crawley View Post
shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! Man, that looked nasty. I took the same type of fall early this year, almost identical. My arms has quarter inch welts everywhere they hit the water. I was wearing a CGA and a helmet though so it didn't really hurt at all except for the welts. If your head took any trauma there, a helmet would have probably prevented it 99%. Concussions add up, and they don't show the damage they've done to you until you are old and can't remember what happened 5 minutes ago. Wear a helmet kids, that video should be the PSA.
i do feel like a cga would help reduce impact, but iv hung a back edge twice with a helmet on, and found it to hurt muchhh worse.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-08-2011, 5:50 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^Mind sharing what brand helmet you were wearing? What hurt "much worse"? Neck, head?
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-08-2011, 6:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_upppp View Post
^^^^^^^^^Mind sharing what brand helmet you were wearing? What hurt "much worse"? Neck, head?
just the standard protec, now that you mention neck i actually feel like my head kinda hurts the same with and without, but when i wear a helmet it tends to hurt my neck alot. i guess its just the combo of having to turn your whole body and the headache at the same time that really sucks.

^^ just my opinion, considering i catch my edge quite a bit
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       10-08-2011, 6:53 PM Reply   
This was the same kind of fall I wrote about in the helmet thread. I think my helmet really helped me, but to each his own. I'm glad helmets aren't legally required. If JB or anyone else doesn't wanna wear a helmet, that's fine with me, but I'll keep mine on. This was one hell of a digger!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-09-2011, 8:13 PM Reply   
Do you know what happened?

Looked like the handle got away from you. Looked like you might have thrown a little early and missed a little a pop. But then, I don't do petes.
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-10-2011, 12:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
Do you know what happened?

Looked like the handle got away from you. Looked like you might have thrown a little early and missed a little a pop. But then, I don't do petes.
ummm not really sure, i usually come around fine, but oh well... didnt get as much pop as usual, also the boats a direct drive and there was only 1 person in the boat with stock ballast haha not trying to make excuses lol just unlucky i guess
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-10-2011, 1:39 PM Reply   
not sure luck has much to do with it, but I can appreciate your "whatever" attitude. Maybe I should stop analyzing **** so much and I would ride better. lol