Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-12-2011, 7:49 AM Reply   
I was thinking about getting a vinyl plotter for making stickers etc. What are you using and do you like it? What should i be looking for? Brand, model number and where to buy. Thanls for any advice. Don C.
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-16-2011, 6:41 AM Reply   
I guess nobody is using one. LOL
Old     (wakeskatethis)      Join Date: May 2011       09-16-2011, 5:41 PM Reply   
Hey Don, I have had a few but prefer the Graphtec. Currently using the CE5000-60 model. Software plugs right into corel draw and is super easy to work. If you have some good sticker job connections the thing can pay for itself in a few months
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-16-2011, 8:40 PM Reply   
I have a graphtech too. Outstanding product. I use signlab for my software.
It's pretty dang fun and easy to do stickers. I have done some as long as 14 feet.
What takes the most time is "weeding" the stickers. That can take major time if you are doing detailed stickers.
Old     (duramat)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-16-2011, 9:35 PM Reply   
Glad some chimed in. My wife is wanting to get into this
Old     (ktm525)      Join Date: Mar 2009       09-17-2011, 6:30 AM Reply   
I was thinking about UScutter laserpoint. Thanks for the feedback, i will check into you suggestions.
Thanks again Don C.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-17-2011, 10:41 AM Reply   
I have a US Cutter Laserpoint I use for basic designs, lettering and numbers ,Heat Transfer and Stickers. It is a great little machine for very little cost. I also have a Roland GX-24 as well.
I bought the US CUTTER first and it paid for itself in the matter of 2 months. Tshirts are easy to make and got in tight with a few Adult softball leagues and soccer leagues and now have about $200-$300 of monthly business just from those leagues and referrals.

If you want basic software for free and good ideas on basic designs got to cadworxlive.com
Joining is free and everything is stored on the web. easy to use and you can import designs and cut them thru their site. Its a great service from a company you can buy supplies through ( but dont have to buy, this is a free service they provide)

Buy what you can afford and get cutting. Upgrade if you want and as you get busier.