Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-31-2011, 6:56 PM Reply   
Heard that Bull Shoals is 35 to 40 feet higher than last year and that there was talk of relocating the event to another area on the lake. Is this true? Anyone out there that knows the scoop on this? Are there any other changes that could occur due to the high lake level?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-31-2011, 10:09 PM Reply   
know nothing about bull shoals but when it was at powell the lake was only about 5 feet higher from the previous year and they had to move it, not far granted.

its amazing how a lake can change with even a little elevation change
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-01-2011, 6:20 AM Reply   
yeah, that doesn't look good
http://bullshoals.uslakes.info/Level.asp
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-01-2011, 9:42 AM Reply   
tweet back from LF Brostock says that water levels shouldn't be a problem and everything is still on schedule.
http://twitter.com/#!/brostock
Old     (aaron_grace)      Join Date: Mar 2008       06-01-2011, 11:21 AM Reply   
As of now Bro Stock is still being held in the same bay as last year. We will be at the lake a week prior to Bro Stock and will check the bay at that time. If we do need to move locations, it will be in the same general area and will post on the LF blog with updates.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-01-2011, 4:13 PM Reply   
All should be fine. At really high lake levels, launching is a little bit of a pain (because you are on a parking lot which is sloped at really a much more shallower angle than a normally designed ramp). Still, it is doable.

But ... once on the water ... there is only that much more of a lake. Bull Shoals goes up and down like this all the time.

That lake was tip-top full about (???) 3 years ago. Anybody remember Murray's visit ... and then ... his raley through a Sycamore tree?
Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-01-2011, 8:39 PM Reply   
Can anybody go to BROstock? Are there tickets or something. It would be my dream to go one year, but it's pretty far from Canada.
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-01-2011, 9:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose99 View Post
Can anybody go to BROstock? Are there tickets or something. It would be my dream to go one year, but it's pretty far from Canada.
There are no tickets so anybody can go. It helps to have a boat or way to get to the cove, but it is possible to walk to the cove. Its in Bull Shoals, AR so it would be a good little trip from Canada, but come on down! Its a great time
Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-02-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
Do people camp or do you rent houseboats? i've gone houseboating up here once and its so fun. Would be crazy with all those pros around. Maybe next year for me.
Old     (Musgrove)      Join Date: Dec 2010       06-02-2011, 10:37 AM Reply   
il goin but ive heard that it may not be at bull shoals but they are tryin to drop the level
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-02-2011, 10:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musgrove View Post
il goin but ive heard that it may not be at bull shoals but they are tryin to drop the level
Where you hearing this at, because everyone from LF is still saying Shoals. Theres nothing on the shores at shoals so water up or down shouldnt be a problem. The ramps at the dark are plenty long enough that high water shouldnt be an issue.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-02-2011, 11:46 AM Reply   
Isn't this event in Late July or August? Level should drop some by then. I go to Table Rock. The water is way up there too. It was a pain getting to our boats, but once out besides the water temp, all was fine. They said they were going to drop TRL to 928 and stop. It was 934 with a high in April of 937. Normal pool is 915.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-02-2011, 11:56 AM Reply   
LF just confirmed yesterday that it is still on at Bull Shoals.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-02-2011, 12:23 PM Reply   
Bull Shoals can't get too full.

It's better full.

If it's like 40 feet low, it's ugly. The shores then consist of 70 stretch of bedrock which looks like a disused train embankment.

I can't see any reason why high lake levels should send Bro-Stock away.

But I don't understand this.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784839

It's supposed to be June 24-26. ??? Last year, it was 1 day, on a Saturday. It was set-up in a hurry and taken down in one too. There is little infrastructure. A houseboat, a Supra, and about a half dozen anchored inflatables (oh ... and lots of water patrol).

I do not know what can be done on the extra two days.

I believe cruised through the cove Friday afternoon (if not, then it was definitely Thursday) and there was nothing there.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-02-2011, 12:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by john211 View Post
I do not know what can be done on the extra two days..
uh, have fun
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-02-2011, 3:21 PM Reply   
Party Friday night.....
Comp all day Saturday followed by Awards Ceremony and Party,
Sunday - Ride

Great 3 day event in my eyes...
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-02-2011, 3:34 PM Reply   
The meet and greet party was on shore at the resort last year on Friday. Checked it out but didn't really hangout on Friday as we had our own party going on
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-05-2011, 10:17 AM Reply   
It wasn't just a Raley it was a blind judge. And he stuck it twice. Murray's crazy!
Attached Images

Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       06-14-2011, 11:14 AM Reply   
Shaun is an amazing free rider, watching him ride in person is awesome. By the way... whose ready for BROSTOCK!?!! Cause it's right around the corner. STOKED!