Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 29, 2010

Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-11-2009, 3:55 PM Reply   
just bought my flights from 27th jan till 3rd march. super stoked. is anyone else heading out around then?
Old     (torontothunder)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-11-2009, 4:30 PM Reply   
how much did it cost you?
Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-11-2009, 4:41 PM Reply   
£751 for 2 of us departing from london heathrow. it took me a while to find them that cheap and i got them from http://www.crystaltravel.co.uk/ were flying with klm and on there website it wasnt that cheap.
Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-11-2009, 4:46 PM Reply   
we havnt paid for anything else yet but last year our flights cost £1300. we stayed for two months last year and we spent in total £3500 for everything incl £1300 flights. we did pretty well i reackon we stayed in the eco village ate in quite a bit and neither me or my girlfriend drink. hoping to keep total spending below £2000 this year.
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-11-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
is that in dollars... pounds... or euros?
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       12-11-2009, 5:05 PM Reply   
never mind....it just showed up on my pc.... didnt before
Old     (torontothunder)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-11-2009, 6:00 PM Reply   
Peter, Wow that's cheap... I am going to be in Australia from Feb-July and I really want to get to CWC. But my parents think I will get kidnapped! lol
Old     (kylerattray)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-11-2009, 8:19 PM Reply   
We are here right now, they have built a few new rails in the cable, and everything else is also up and running, so fun here!
Old     (torontothunder)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-11-2009, 9:34 PM Reply   
Can somebody who's been to CWC tell me what the prices are for staying there, food, and riding? Is it a sketchy country to travel to alone?

thanks
Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-12-2009, 2:29 AM Reply   
yeah have been keeping my eye on all the new video's coming from there and it looks sweeeeet! i like the look of that step up roof top where the bern used to be opposite the republic

make sure you link up your flights well from landing in manila and connecting from manila to naga. cwc will pick you up from naga airport. so you spend minimul time traveling through the country. cwc itself is really safe. last year we got a bus from manila and it was quite a hassle and pretty intimidating dealing with every one if your not used to it. we got taken to the wrong bus terminal (one of the taxi drivers choosing) and at the time it felt like we were being robbed because loads of kids surrounded the taxi and took everything out. were like erm whats happening. but everything ended up on the bus okay. that was an 8 hour bus ride stoping at every stop on the way.

for prices check out www.camsurwatersportscomplex.com
there accomadation ranges from £7 per night to £50 per night. and the food is a bit more expensive than advertised. For example it says a pizza is 160ish pesos but its actually about 240pesos. average meal is about 200-220 pesos in resort. pay more for drinks and dessert.

Get your convertion rates at http://www.xe.com/ucc/

ridng is the same price as advertised.

emailing cwc is difficult (they dont really reply) so start enquiring or booking accomaadation early.

We found ways of eating loads cheaper. there was a cafe in resort that no one new about which was more for the locals it was around 110pesos for three meat servings a rice dish and a coca cola. we bought stuff from town a lot as well.
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-12-2009, 5:29 AM Reply   
Mike... I will kill your whole family if you go to CWC without me. Just letting you know.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       12-12-2009, 1:04 PM Reply   
if your making it all the way to the philippines - make sure to visit other islands & beaches while youre there. The PI has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.

if you can: go here:
boracay
El nido
Old     (torontothunder)      Join Date: Feb 2009       12-12-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
Luker, Don't worry. If I can get my Dad convinced to let me go to CWC I will let you know well in advance... Alwake quick set #20 in the Phillies?? That would be unreal
Old     (jaka)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-12-2009, 4:33 PM Reply   
Are there any complications regarding extra weight on the flight from manila to naga?
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-12-2009, 11:59 PM Reply   
^ There wasn't any two years ago... My luggage was 25kg, the boardbag was 35kg, plus a 5kg backpack as a hand luggage. There was no complains. Usually there are taxes on the over-the-ocean flights. If you're flying from Eu I would recommend Qatar Airways - you got 10kg bonus plus luxury experience for the price of normal flight. They also have proprietary check-in desk at the Manila Airport.
Old     (jaka)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-13-2009, 3:32 AM Reply   
Im going with emirates airlines (Venice-Dubai-Manila). They have 30kg/300cm baggage allowance + 7kg cabin baggage. So that is no problem! I was just curious about the internal flight. Great to know, that it is not a big problem:-)
Old     (georgi)      Join Date: Apr 2006       12-13-2009, 12:25 PM Reply   
There was two shocking things when I got to Manila. The first one was, of course, the 30-degree temperature (it was -10 when I took off). I changed to shorts in the airport toilet. The second one was the people. They call you "sir" all the time, and they help you like you are some kind of superstar.

Do you know Nelly? I have an idea for the next summer. I want to make trans-european wake-trip starting from Bulgaria, then Serbia, Slovenia, Austria, Germany, France, maybe even England... spending few days on every cable-park I have friends on. You want to join? I am really pissed off my home wake-park (the only one available in here...)
Old     (jaka)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-13-2009, 1:47 PM Reply   
Yep i know Nelly(if you mean nelly mance from boardforce.net)! What a small world:-) The idea of your trip is great, you just have to exclude Slovenia, because we dont have a cable!
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       12-13-2009, 8:04 PM Reply   
also since youre in asia try and check out some other parks if can.

TWP in Bangkok and Ski 360 in singapore are the best parks after CWC.

Youve also got Lago in the philippines which is an older cable but has sick obstacles. I think the new cable in Davao in the philippines will also be ready soon!
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       12-14-2009, 9:17 PM Reply   
if you fly cebu pacific internally you can pre-pay excess baggage, which is what we did last time.
when we flew pal express we didn't get charged excess, but we saw them making locals pay, so it just depends who you get i think. the flights and excess baggage are so cheap though - i don't think you'll have any trouble...
Old     (timmo)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-15-2009, 7:29 AM Reply   
Thought you were working out there Pete?? Just a long holiday then? The rest of the WMSki crew going with ya (thought Tom was off too??)
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       12-15-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
My wife and I went last year for 10 days and spent a total of $2600 and I drank Coors LIghts all day everyday because they are cheaper than water! .40 a beer or .80 for water!

Everyone who considers themselves to be a wakeboarder must for to CWC it is EPIC!
Old     (petew)      Join Date: Dec 2008       12-15-2009, 2:21 PM Reply   
hey tim
nah not working. the only none filipino to work there is reuben buchanan and hes more of a consultant. strictly holidays! yeah long rest. theres a few of us going. toms going on the same date as me and heather as well as steve & joe also on the same date. those three are staying 2 months though and there will be around 5 or 6 others from around these lakes make the trip as well but different flight times.