Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-07-2009, 12:24 PM Reply   
Can we clean up the wake events thread and move all the hate here?

I don't feel that what I'm seeing on the events thread is good for the sport nor good for either side.
Old     (caskimmer)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-07-2009, 3:45 PM Reply   
probably better to start another event thread
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       02-07-2009, 5:00 PM Reply   
If I didn't know Show and been to one of his events,like someone with no exposure to wakesurfing events,I would look at the 2009 wakesurf events thread and say screw wakesurf events these people are kooks.It's a shame a few people get into a pissing match and gives the whole bunch a black eye.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-07-2009, 5:03 PM Reply   
I think we have to start a new thread. It's just not at all useful and it sets a bed image. I'm very disappointed.

(Message edited by Bigshow on February 07, 2009)
Old    surfdad            02-08-2009, 7:48 AM Reply   
I think we deserve that nonsense if we standby and do nothing. I don't think it's adequate to "respectfully request" what I would consider to be "punks" continue their argument elsewhere, or change our actions to cater to these folks. They merely justify their behavior and honestly within their minds believe it's fine.

If we don't collectively take steps to cause the behavior to stop we can expect to find it rampant, here, in this community. I refrain from calling it "our" community, because I think ambivilance and inaction will make it the community of those with the least respect for others.
Old     (locwakeoutlawscom)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-08-2009, 7:58 AM Reply   
Jeff & Show are right, I can't argue with that. I won't apologize for my input in the latest thread, it was already trash when I responded on the same level. Expecting it to be deleted, I decided to respond when I still could. I was fuming all week reading that on a phone.

I like to think if it was the AWSA being dragged around and you had attempted to resolve it offline others would defend the good name of their organization - maybe not. Unfortunately it's been years of the routine attacks and lies. I feel I have to respond if anything to protect ourselves and any other organizations from being hustled or attacked by the cancer.

The creation of a "hate" thread will only bring discussions of hate specifically, just as a discussion around a wave would usually bring wave discussion.

If I feel bad about anything it's helping screw Show's thread up, a legitimate and informative attempt to share the future of the competitive year with the industry. Feeling bad and regretting input are two different things altogether and Show, I will make it up to you in the future I assure you.
Old    mobster            02-08-2009, 9:01 AM Reply   
I'm sorry that I was part of the mass hate on the wake surf events thread I should of ended the hate then. The bashing ruins all the work that everyone has put into the sport to grow it and to advance the competition. There are some factions that only want to promote the sport & make it grow, we have a great sport & it needs to grow. This in fighting made us look shallow to the masses we need to promote the sport & not worry about who does what or rode what style of board it's about surfing & having fun. Things got heated and out of hand so let's keep things on a level we all can be proud of & push the sport that we all love. No more hate between the surfing tribes as we all have something to bring to the table and fighting takes away from the effort that people have spent countless hours & time to get these events to the surfing public If I offended anyone I"m sorry for venting on a public forum Mahalo JL
Old     (ds3)      Join Date: Jun 2008       02-08-2009, 10:26 AM Reply   
All I can say is wow. That thread was WAY out of hand. I myself want to and probably still will visit as many events as I can, just because I want to ride and meet new people in the sport. But I don't see any good coming from putting down certain events. "Supposedly" events are to help new people join in the sport we love, and spread the word. Hopefully that is the underlying purpose and will continue to be in years to come. As entertaining as the read was, I know it did no good at all.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-08-2009, 2:13 PM Reply   
I appreciate the comments and I’ve replied to a few emails. This is the most active and visible wakesurf forum I know of. I also appreciate that the Wakeoutlaws have made a significant addition to the available wakesurf forum space. Regardless, I think that this forum has great potential to advance the sport and is the primary window that many will search to learn more about wakesurfing. Many more lurk and sign up and contribute. Their perception are our posts, hopefully no one was looking this week.

I don’t think that we want to put the burden on David to clean up after us. I’m sure he has other things he’d rather do. There are some other wakeboard forums but to my eye they had the look and feel of a 12 year old playground discussion. I gravitated to Wake World because it felt more like a discussion with other adults. IMO David’s forum is different and clearly better.

I really don’t care to know any more about the issues presented in the other thread, it’s none of my business. I do hope that everyone finds a way to at least live in the same web space in a reasonable way.

Best regards to all,

Ed
Old    surfdad            02-08-2009, 3:40 PM Reply   
Hear, hear!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-08-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
Sadly, I see a large percentage of wakesurfing industry "representatives" slowly destroying their own sport and certainly turning off the average wakesurfer from attending events and possibly participating in the sport at all. I never thought in a million years that it would be beneficial to a discussion board to ban all industry representatives, but I'm thinking about it now. Again, sad!