Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-23-2008, 11:51 AM Reply   
I saw this configuration posted on a boat for sale from Transition Watersports. Has anyone seen this configuration and did it do anything to help the surf wave? I suspect that they added a switchblade and then just moved the existing Bennett Tab to the side.
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/photos/94162567/
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-23-2008, 3:14 PM Reply   
there trim tab in front of the switchblade is to short thats why that wave looks kind of foamy on top
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-23-2008, 3:49 PM Reply   
I bought a set of salvage trim tabs for my Enzo. I'll put them on this spring. I don't have a SB so I won't be able to offer any comment on the combination.

In theory you should be able to switch between regular and goofy quickly.

I’d love to hear how the combination works as well.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-23-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
Hey James, how many inches ideally should the tab/plate under the switchblade stick out from the transom?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-23-2008, 6:10 PM Reply   
I would guess that you just need to keep about an inch of clearance between the SB and plate.
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       12-23-2008, 8:47 PM Reply   
I was more interested in how much it stuck out from the back of the boat.
Old     (jdjjamesz)      Join Date: Mar 2008       12-23-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
isay 10 inchs long makes it work
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       12-24-2008, 6:58 AM Reply   
I may add/extend my little fixed wakeplate similar to what James did to 10".

That boat is cool. He has the older switchblade as it's evolved slightly (I had the old, now have the new so I can see some slight modifications). I doubt I'll ever add trim plates, but you never know.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-24-2008, 7:50 AM Reply   
The stock plate on my non-SB Enzo is around 6.5 inches. Like Joe, I plan to extend my plate next season.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-26-2008, 10:51 AM Reply   
This is exactly what I want to do, other than the bennet tab. I plan to intall a long wakeplate that is electric and then install a switchblade on a avy. Has anyone done this?

Duffy
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-29-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
I exchanged a few emails with Nate and Transition Water Sports. This boat has two Enzo sacks, a bow sack, Switch Blade, and the trim tabs. Doesn't sound like the trim tabs worked for Nate. He wanted one set up that could be changed from regular to goofy with the flip of a switch. I expect they tried lots of combinations. Basically he said that there’s no replacement for displacement. Sounds like he’s really in to wakesurfing too.

I’ll still put trim tabs on the Mighty Enzo this spring. I at least want a better goofy wake.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-31-2008, 1:50 PM Reply   
So I think what I gather from all the different posts is a single long wakeplate would clean the goofy wake up. I think an adjustable one would be the best.
Duffy
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-31-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
Duffy, I spoke with the boat owner yesterday. He clearly didn't get what he wanted out of the BTTs. He waned a single flip of a switch to change between regular and goofy sides. He talked about how the BTT dug in to the water and how the BTT detrimentally smoothed the wake lip. So, I think your right about the long trim tab. I’m going to look in to building custom full length trim tabs. Full length, that is from the base to the gunnels.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-02-2009, 10:35 AM Reply   
I am more thinking of just a single long wake plate. I think James has the right idea. This is what I am going to try.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-02-2009, 10:53 AM Reply   
A longer plate, extending further back behind the transom, right?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-02-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
Yeah just behind the rudder, most wakeboats have some sort of wake plate. I would like to have a hyrdralic or electric long wake plate and then a switchblade and then enzo type sacks and some pop bags. I think it could be an insane wave! Or I am going to buy an older tige 22v. My buddies throws a huge wave.
Duffy
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-02-2009, 1:24 PM Reply   
When you have a SB you can only make the wake plate so long. The wake plate for SB equipped boats is fixed, no manual or automated control. With the SB on the back of the boat the transom is a bit busy.
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-02-2009, 3:58 PM Reply   
Yeah, I think it should all work, the electric wake plates are super super easy to install and take minimal room. I am thinking of just a bit longer and then have the sb. I need to measure the flat area on an avy to see how wide the plate should be. I haven't bought anything yet, but I think it will work.
Duffy