Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (steveotx)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-11-2008, 7:10 AM Reply   
I am in the market for new tower speakers and wanted some feedback from anyone that has had some hollow points for a season or two. I bought some Fusion's when they first came out and have had to live with a $1000 mistake and was trying to avoid a repeat. Post up the good the bad and the ugly.
Old     (motogod77)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-11-2008, 8:14 AM Reply   
Love Them! - Talk to Jaime at Bullet Speakers - he has been building audio acc for a long time - I have four 7's all black on my tower and they are awesome!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-11-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
I too have four hollow point 770's and they are the straight business. Not only do they sound amazing with phenomenal highs and excellent mid bass but they look good too. Aesthetics was/is important to me in addition to function and that was a big reason why I went with the HP's. I took a gamble on these as I had never heard them before but it paid off. I hooked up with Ben from Acme Tops and Tunes and he took excellent care of me even from hundreds of miles away.

Here is a shot of them:

Upload
Upload
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-11-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
Oh, incidentally I'm under powering them at the moment with 123.5 watts x 4 and my friends around the lake have told me they can hear me clearly in their homes when over 1/2 a mile away. i've been told this several times.
Old     (kikitlo)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-11-2008, 8:46 AM Reply   
I absolutley love mine. Like Hate N Pain said I too am Under powering them and you still have no problem hearing them. I usually see people that I know rockin the beach from my tunes when I'm in the middle of the lake. You wont be dissapointed. And I agree they look good too.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-11-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
Yeah I'm a typical American too so I've been researching which amp I wanna jump up to with them. I'm probably gonna go from 4 ohm to 2 with them. We'll see...
Old     (stewart)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-11-2008, 9:46 AM Reply   
I have the 770's on my Malibu 247. So far they have been awesome. As far as the Bullets go, I have had them on my last 4 boats and never had an issue. Jaime is a good guy and stand behind his products. If your in the Sacramento area you should stop by and check them out at either Jaimes shop or Acme Tops and Tunes. Both are great dealers and do very clean installs.

BTW, I am powering my Bullets with a GT-28 and they sound awesome.
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-11-2008, 9:56 AM Reply   
Love mine Jaime rocks!! I unfortunately already had the Neo light bar from 03, so I got the 6.5s instead of the bigger speakers, didnt feel like buying new cans. the speakers rip!!!
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       09-11-2008, 12:31 PM Reply   
Steve,

Check out our gallery at http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/install_marine_sportwake.asp where you can view 100 or so installations of Bullet products.

This season we’ve installed tons of HollowPoint speakers. And, all owners have been ecstatic!

FYI, HollowPoints will direct-mount to your MasterCraft tower without the need for collars.

David E.M.