Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (rollna01)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-27-2008, 2:05 PM Reply   
I am wondering what people think of Supra's rear-facing love seat? Do you like it? It looks like it takes up a good chunk of the middle floor space. Any overall opinions of it would be great.
Old     (lknboarder)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-27-2008, 2:23 PM Reply   
I personally think it chops up the space to much but to each his own
Old     (seminolepride991)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-27-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
I have the 22ssv..and for me, i love it. First is because you want to watch the riders right? so the more rear facing seats the better...ya sure some people think it chops up the floor space, and it does a little bit..but it adds a bit of style and really..i got the boat to wakeboard in, partying is just a plus, and that seat serves a great purpose when it comes to watching the riders
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-27-2008, 2:53 PM Reply   
i have one too and i go both ways on it... defintely never bothers me and is really nice when pulling riders. Great view and easy to balance weight in the boat.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-27-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
I really like the design. My main reason is it allows a comfortable area behind the driver seat to rest your back and watch the action. You can fit a girl/wife next to you very comfortably and both rest your feet on the back bench. On other boats, I hate when I end up behind the driver seat and have to turn to watch the rider. My lower back gets sore very quick since there is no where to rest the back. I like it more then an open cockpit area.
Old     (seminolepride991)      Join Date: Sep 2007       03-27-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
I think the main thing that makes it weird to people is because they are used to the open feel, this supra is my first wakeboat, and it really doesnt bother me at all because this is the first boat i have gotten used to, but for others, they are used to the open feel of the boat and the seat is right where they used to be able to walk, so it kinda throws them off...
Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-27-2008, 3:18 PM Reply   
He said go both ways
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-27-2008, 3:21 PM Reply   
I just think they look weird
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-27-2008, 3:29 PM Reply   
in the 24 its awesome... still tons of room
Old     (insuranceman)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-27-2008, 3:33 PM Reply   
nick, agree with that one.

good in the 24 but not so good in my opinion in the 22 ssv.
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-27-2008, 4:00 PM Reply   
I just sold my 07 22SSV and am going back to the 21V because of drivability on very short lake. My crew says they are really gonna miss the love seat.
Old     (steveotx)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-27-2008, 5:05 PM Reply   
One of our crew has the 22SSV and I really enjoy the seating configuration when you have a boat load. It allows 5-6 in the rear portion to comfortably face the rider and watch the action. I wish MasterCraft would take note and add "the fold up seat back" over the ice chest and a back rest for the passenger behind the driver.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-27-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
The 22ssv and 24ssv are relatively the same amount of room in the cockpit area. This is one of the main reason why I like the 22 so much and downgraded in size. The beam is only a 2 inches difference. The size difference is out of the nose and back end. This is why it is so much easier to drive and I think is easier to get it weighted just right!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-27-2008, 6:14 PM Reply   
Definitely looks weird & chops up the space.

But all your passengers get to sit in comfortable, full size seats facing the rider without sitting in strange, twisted positions to do it.

And it takes about 30 seconds to flip the seat into a more conventional V-drive config.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-27-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
I guess functionality is more important in some cases
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-27-2008, 7:11 PM Reply   
we have a 24 in right now first one ive seen. i dont really care for it myself but to each his own. i do like the center/rear of the sundeck little quick access hatch thing thats pretty nifty.
Old     (wakinbakin)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-27-2008, 8:05 PM Reply   
I love it and theres alot of storage under that seat. Supra has an option where you can put a 7in lcd screen in there too. I've also seen quite a few with two subs mounted in the bottom part of the seat facing downward and vented through the bottom of the seat by the floor.
Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-27-2008, 8:05 PM Reply   
would you rather there be room for your feet or your ass..........i understand it looks different but all it does is take up floor space which on a wakeboat only means footspace.........so i love it
Old     (rollna01)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-28-2008, 7:34 AM Reply   
Another quick question on the subject. Does it get in the way for changing riders? Seems like it might be a hassle when walking around.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-28-2008, 7:38 AM Reply   
not that I have ever noticed...
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-28-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
When it first came out, I was skeptical. In the showroom and on the trailer, it takes a little getting used to the look of it.

BUT...after using one for 3 days for a tournament and a bunch of freeriding with loads of people...i loved it.
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-28-2008, 8:33 AM Reply   
Not that I have ever noticed. The person that sits there is normally the one that grabs the boards off the racks.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-28-2008, 8:52 AM Reply   
I've never been a fan of it. I personally prefer the floor space. I have a 2004 SSV and I actually remove the rear bench seat if I'm riding with 3 or less. Removing the bench seat frees up so much room for gear and a cooler, etc.

At a Supra forum meeting I went to last year I suggested to Matt Brown that if they were going to keep the "Love Seat" on the 22 they should at least make it removable for those who prefer the extra space.

I love my 22SSV, but if I were in the market for a new boat the "love seat" may be the straw that steers me towards a different boat. Of course this is just my personal opinion. Many people love the love seat.
Old     (lavinder)      Join Date: Mar 2008 Location: Gig Harbor, WA       03-28-2008, 9:00 AM Reply   
The loveseat is what attracted us to the 22SSV. The storage is nice and the floorspace is less of a concern. I would rather be sitting comfortably than have more space for my feet. With the built in cooler, how much floor space do you need? Ski's are kept in the locker, boards on the racks.
Old     (shane97210)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-28-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
and there is another cupholder!
Old     (atx_supra_ssv)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-28-2008, 10:05 AM Reply   
I was not real thrilled with it until I took the boat out for the first time. The beam is so wide on the 22SSV that it doesn't really compromise anything. It is a great spot to chill and watch riders and has a ton of storage under it. That seat has become our mini bar when we are done riding for the day