Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-01-2020, 6:50 PM Reply   
What happened about hunters laptop? Someone in the migrant caravan steal it?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-01-2020, 7:38 PM Reply   
Uh oh. William Barr is a RINO, who new? Only the best people. Or something.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-01-2020, 7:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
The same thing that happens to every other ****bag kid of a political powerhouse. The story gets buried , the prosecution never happens , and they march on being a degenerate pice of ****.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-01-2020, 8:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
easy. A label. There fixed.

The US has about 330,000,000 people. Growth rate of 0.72%. That is 2.376 million people increase yearly (that is not including illegal immigration which is in the millions).

Death rate of 8.88 equals about 267k died if you just use straight numbers.

I am sure 267k in no where near 300k more than the previous year.
Yeah but it's expected deaths so they have already accounted for population growth. Try again.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-01-2020, 8:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
The same thing that happens to every other ****bag kid of a political powerhouse. The story gets buried , the prosecution never happens , and they march on being a degenerate pice of ****.
Don't worry, trump will pardon him on the way out the back door.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       12-02-2020, 2:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Replying to Raplh is a worthless post, He has no skin in the game. His words mean nothing. Unless we are discussing NZ politics, ignore his banter.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-02-2020, 4:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
They're too busy getting ready to release the Kraken.*

*Kraken coming some time 2022, after the wall
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-02-2020, 5:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
admission that kids don’t spread the virus as much as they feared,

There fixed. Hopefully that clears up your knee jerk reaction. The main point was the "news" completely ignored his recommendation in order to push a unified agenda again.

At our work, anyone who even has cold symptoms are presumed to have covid unless they subject themselves to a test to prove otherwise. usually someone says they are sick then get tested or they know someone who is sick and presumed until proven covid free. In almost all cases, the actual covid diagnosis is way after the people being sent home.

a page back is the discussion of the Chinese paper talking about extremely little to zero asymptomatic transmission of covid. They are all data points that need to be considered.

So, did these 7 people a day at your school die or were they just reported to have covid (based on what standard).
That doesn't happen here. If you think you are sick, you go home and then have to get tested. If its negative you go back to work. You residing in CA it doesn't surprise me one bit they have a stupid way of doing things at the corporate level. Thats what happens when idiots are forced onto boards just to fill diversity shortfalls.

The standard for having covid is a positive test. As I have said, school is not the end point of the potential spread. Its the beginning. There have been plenty of cases were kids have spread it to other kids and kids to families here.

I fully understand remote learning is a disaster. I have three kids in it, but until there is a cure for this, measures have to be taken to slow it. Our hospitals are at capacity now and its only expected to get worse.

When this hits home for you guys it will be interesting to see what you think about it then.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-02-2020, 5:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Uh oh. William Barr is a RINO, who new? Only the best people. Or something.
When your duck is as lame as Trumps it harder to get people to lie for you. At some point you've got to put some value on your reputation instead of betting it on a losing stock.

On the flip side I would question the science that says kids don't really spread covid to adults.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       12-02-2020, 5:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
Replying to Raplh is a worthless post, He has no skin in the game. His words mean nothing. Unless we are discussing NZ politics, ignore his banter.
Oh the irony! None of the posts here mean jack to anything going on anywhere outside this forum.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-02-2020, 8:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Buried? Like the 7 Hillary Clinton investigations? Like the Comey investigation? Like the peter strozk investigation? The investigation of the investigators, Durham? All the investigations turned up zero, thats why nothing happens. They are all just trump making crap up to motivate his cult. Just like all the lies about the rigged election with zero facts. 35 lost lawsuits. You cant prosecute with out a crime. Unlike Roger Stone and mike flynn who needed pardons from trump to march on.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-02-2020, 8:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Oh the irony! None of the posts here mean jack to anything going on anywhere outside this forum.

Maybe for you, John, but George Soros and ANTIFA are paying me to post here. Lives are in the balance. Apparently once Delta and Xstar are turned, the global uprising of the people will be unleashed. The forthcoming dissemination of 5G injections to the “first responders” and “essential employees” will certainly make them more “receptive”.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-02-2020, 8:47 AM Reply   
https://www.foxnews.com/media/networ...l-russia-probe

Network newscasts skip Barr appointing John Durham as special counsel to investigate origins of Russia probe

Barr notified the Senate and House Judiciary Committees, in a letter dated Dec. 1 obtained by Fox News, that Durham would be special counsel. The news broke Tuesday afternoon, reported first by the Associated Press and confirmed by Fox News.

is authorized to investigate whether any federal official, employee, or any other person or entity violated the law in connection with the intelligence, counter-intelligence, or law-enforcement activities directed at the 2016 presidential campaigns, individuals associated with those campaigns, and individuals associated with the administration of President Donald J. Trump, including but not limited to Crossfire Hurricane and the investigation of Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller, III.”
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-02-2020, 8:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah but it's expected deaths so they have already accounted for population growth. Try again.
How do you know. I proved my numbers. You prove they have more than expected. I just see headlines of 300k deaths from covid, not 300k additional deaths than expected.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-02-2020, 8:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
When your duck is as lame as Trumps it harder to get people to lie for you. At some point you've got to put some value on your reputation instead of betting it on a losing stock.

On the flip side I would question the science that says kids don't really spread covid to adults.
I would question it, however it could be viral load again?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-02-2020, 8:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
That doesn't happen here. If you think you are sick, you go home and then have to get tested. If its negative you go back to work. You residing in CA it doesn't surprise me one bit they have a stupid way of doing things at the corporate level. Thats what happens when idiots are forced onto boards just to fill diversity shortfalls.

The standard for having covid is a positive test. As I have said, school is not the end point of the potential spread. Its the beginning. There have been plenty of cases were kids have spread it to other kids and kids to families here.

I fully understand remote learning is a disaster. I have three kids in it, but until there is a cure for this, measures have to be taken to slow it. Our hospitals are at capacity now and its only expected to get worse.

When this hits home for you guys it will be interesting to see what you think about it then.
Not sure if it is a stupid way to handle it. Sounds similar to what you are doing. If you are sick you go home. Sounds like you are describing the same thing where you have to prove you are covid free which can take a week. That means if you have the flu or a cold, you are presumed to have covid until otherwise proven.

I have a good friend that lost most of his hearing from it. pretty much within the week.

I am pretty sure my son in law and we had it early on. He does not drink or smoke and in extremely good shape. Basically was one day from going septic with pneumonia within a few days. Then we all got something that within a couple days had me and the wife with spongy gurgling sounds in our lungs and ears when breathing. Not sure if it was covid, but awefully suspicious.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-02-2020, 8:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Maybe for you, John, but George Soros and ANTIFA are paying me to post here. Lives are in the balance. Apparently once Delta and Xstar are turned, the global uprising of the people will be unleashed. The forthcoming dissemination of 5G injections to the “first responders” and “essential employees” will certainly make them more “receptive”.
You don't have to be paid, you are a true believer.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-02-2020, 8:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
https://www.foxnews.com/media/networ...l-russia-probe

Network newscasts skip Barr appointing John Durham as special counsel to investigate origins of Russia probe

Barr notified the Senate and House Judiciary Committees, in a letter dated Dec. 1 obtained by Fox News, that Durham would be special counsel. The news broke Tuesday afternoon, reported first by the Associated Press and confirmed by Fox News.

is authorized to investigate whether any federal official, employee, or any other person or entity violated the law in connection with the intelligence, counter-intelligence, or law-enforcement activities directed at the 2016 presidential campaigns, individuals associated with those campaigns, and individuals associated with the administration of President Donald J. Trump, including but not limited to Crossfire Hurricane and the investigation of Special Counsel Robert S. Mueller, III.”

Whats new? He has been investigating for a year anf a half already. Isnt it time for repubes to start getting excited about all the money being wasted on another investigation failing to prove trumps lies?
. https://welovetrump.com/2020/11/18/r...20FBI%20lawyer.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-02-2020, 9:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
You don't have to be paid, you are a true believer.

“Until the proletariat owns the means of production, I gotta get mine.”

— Joseph Stalin
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-02-2020, 9:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
How do you know. I proved my numbers. You prove they have more than expected. I just see headlines of 300k deaths from covid, not 300k additional deaths than expected.

You think demographers are so dumb that they don’t account for population growth? That it’s internet sleuths who are just advancing the field by centuries for them?

“C’mon man.”

— Joe Biden
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-02-2020, 9:33 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wrong, as always. CDC use Poisson regression to allow for population growth distortion in the model.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-02-2020, 9:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
“Until the proletariat owns the means of production, I gotta get mine.”

— Joseph Stalin
"You are stupid if you don't vote for your own self interests"

- Every Democrat
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-02-2020, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Whats new? He has been investigating for a year anf a half already. Isnt it time for repubes to start getting excited about all the money being wasted on another investigation failing to prove trumps lies?
. https://welovetrump.com/2020/11/18/r...20FBI%20lawyer.
Call me when his bill gets to about 1/4 of the money and a 1/4 of the investigations started by the left to try and overthrow Trumps election. You guys are so tired with the same rhetoric over and over. The hypocrisy is so blatant it’s not even funny. You completely forget the dems trying for over 4 yrs, creating investigation after investigation wasting money and time in an attempt to overthrow the presidency. Gtfoh with your BS. Where were you crying about all the money amd time wasted by the left stomping their feet refusing to accept the elected president for 4 yrs straight.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-02-2020, 10:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Call me when his bill gets to about 1/4 of the money and a 1/4 of the investigations started by the left to try and overthrow Trumps election. You guys are so tired with the same rhetoric over and over. The hypocrisy is so blatant it’s not even funny. You completely forget the dems trying for over 4 yrs, creating investigation after investigation wasting money and time in an attempt to overthrow the presidency. Gtfoh with your BS. Where were you crying about all the money amd time wasted by the left stomping their feet refusing to accept the elected president for 4 yrs straight.

I don’t disagree about the level of partisanship and I worry that we’ll never get “back to normal” now that norms have been so disregarded and blown open.

Not that it particularly matters, but the R Congress certainly did its share of obstruction and show votes and investigations during the waning days of Obama. So consider that your current reaction of hypocrisy from the other side was, and probably still is, shared by many Dems when they hear complaints about dem investigations of the Trump admin.

I’m not sure how we stop the escalation. But neither side is blameless.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-02-2020, 10:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
You think demographers are so dumb that they don’t account for population growth? That it’s internet sleuths who are just advancing the field by centuries for them?

“C’mon man.”

— Joe Biden
That is not the point. How are they getting their numbers? The system is monitized to say covid. In the beginning they did not even have many covid tests yet all these people were categorized as dying from covid. I believe I even shared the article here. If they even had a symptom, they were listed as covid death. If you look at the symptoms, 75% of them are the symptoms of being old and out of shape. The rest pretty much line up with anything else.

They are now finding that covid makes your blood pressure regulators run amuck. It also sounds like they are learning that putting them on venilators is the wrong thing to do.

vast majority of the deaths from covid are from old people with health issues. So is next year or the year after going to have less deaths than expected as these people who would have died next year now died this year? Or will covid still be around and we just reset the curve where "covid" deaths are not the attributing factor where they would have simply listed pneumonia before?

"just take the double barrel shotgun out on the balcony and shoot a round into the sky to scare off intruders"

- Joe Biden
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-02-2020, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
The system is monitized to say covid.
You don't really understand the point of looking at excess deaths stats do you?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-02-2020, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don’t disagree about the level of partisanship and I worry that we’ll never get “back to normal” now that norms have been so disregarded and blown open.

Not that it particularly matters, but the R Congress certainly did its share of obstruction and show votes and investigations during the waning days of Obama. So consider that your current reaction of hypocrisy from the other side was, and probably still is, shared by many Dems when they hear complaints about dem investigations of the Trump admin.

I’m not sure how we stop the escalation. But neither side is blameless.
Congress is made up almost entirely of show votes. All they do is try and get people to put down a stance on record so they can beat them with it during an election. You really think Pelosi believed she was going to get 2 trillion dollars in part to bail out democrat state pension plans and forgive student debt in a "covid" relief package? Nope, but the democrats sure loved saying the Republicans in the Senate would not pass a "covid" relief law.

The goal of any party should be to obstruct the other party from taking the country to an extreme. If your party has been voted into power, your agenda is the one you should be trying to approach within reason. The question is, how far has one party moved to be even reasonable. For me, and this is no surprise, I believe that any treaty signed should not allow direct or indirect taxation of Americans, do not remove our rights under our constitution, does not infringe on our bill of rights and so on. These "green" treaties are designed to do just that as well as gun grabbing laws locally or federally.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-02-2020, 10:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yes I do. I also understand the need to politicize them as democrats have to use them as an excuse to remove our rights. This is not the first rodeo with demorats using public "crisis" to remove our rights. If this was the only thing that has happened in history or even recent history, then I would be a little more able to get on board with them. They have too much historical and recent history to trust them at all. Considering the facts of covid vs other issues caused by the response to covid it plays just like historical democrat power grabs.

We even have a leftist elected leader (I believe Canada) trying to use this as a means to reset the world currency to a more "equitable" level. You read how leftist take over countries and the response to this in democrat states almost reads word for word on how do it. So yes, color me skeptical especially when you have Obama people and now possibly a Biden person who literally said a few years ago to:

"never let a crisis go to waste"
- Rahm Emanuel
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-02-2020, 10:28 AM Reply   
You know the best thing about Trump in office. All we heard about was Trump.

Peak Oil magically went away
Gun Grabbing was off the table

We actually had a president trying to work for American workers

Got rid of job killing regulations

Built the pipeline that every democrat swore was going to kill the earth and everyone on it

Did not hear of every single hurricane was caused by republicans and democrat can solve it if you just submit to their demands to ship money and means of production to countries that don't give 2 craps out their people, never mind the environment.

All we got to hear about was people frothing at the mouth because some sneak filmed Trump saying that women throw themselves at rich people and that if he wanted "he could grab them in the democrat and they would not even care'.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-02-2020, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:

What do you mean hits home? I have 2 kids in school. I have 14 plus member of my family involved on the front lines daily between hospitals , fire departments , and police departments. My entire immediate family has had covid. The kids belong inside the building , your fear is misplaced , you should fear their future without a proper education, you should fear their loss of self confidence / self worth, should fear them slipping into depression , and you should fear the lack socialization skills more than you fear a virus that has almost no effect in school aged children. Again I ask how many of those kids died or suffered severe injury or death?

What about student athletes ? What about those making the next step from high school to college , college to job world. You thinks kids are being prepared for those huge incremental changes. Imagine being an undecided junior or senior in high school. Getting zero help for your college process , getting zero preparation for some of the most important life decisions to shape your future. My middle daughter is a junior in HS . 2 kids have committed suicide this year in her high school. It’s the biggest recruiting year and traveling year for her sport , she has no clue what type of school she’d like to go to( one of biggest life decisions ) . , getting zero opportunities to take prep classes for the standardized tests. My youngest is in 8th grade. She is currently touted as one of the top athletes in the nation at her sport. She had offers from several high level prep schools across the Nation. Again same scenario. Can’t visit any schools , can’t get any help preparing for the ISEE, SSAT , she’s had 3 kids in her grade level commit suicide this year.

People need to think about the impact outside the virus the policies are having to get a bigger picture. The focus on the virus is much to narrow . It’s too one dimensional at the moment and the damage due to that if not changed immediately will cripple this country long term
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-02-2020, 10:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yes I do.
Then why question the motivation to label something as COVID, when the total numbers indicate that the covid numbers are about right?

Also your other points about not trusting democrats power grab are well made and valid, I just don't think the Republicans are any different. You're right to distrust power.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-02-2020, 10:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
example of politicizing:

Documents: ATF used "Fast and Furious" to make the case for gun regulations

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/documen...un-regulations
/

ATF officials didn't intend to publicly disclose their own role in letting Mexican cartels obtain the weapons, but emails show they discussed using the sales, including sales encouraged by ATF, to justify a new gun regulation called "Demand Letter 3". That would require some U.S. gun shops to report the sale of multiple rifles or "long guns." Demand Letter 3 was so named because it would be the third ATF program demanding gun dealers report tracing information.

https://www.chron.com/news/nation-wo...sh-2080704.php

Dems use 'Fast and Furious' debate to push tighter gun laws

Seeking to change laws

Democrats fired back on Thursday at their forum, proclaiming the need for changes in gun laws to help law enforcement and the ATF prevent U.S.-purchased guns from getting to Mexico.

Rep. Elijah E. Cummings, D-Md. - senior Democrat government reform committee - Rep. Carolyn Maloney, D-N.Y., and Eleanor Holmes Norton, who serves as a non-voting delegate from the District of Columbia, questioned a panel of gun law experts and released a report titled "Outgunned," which concluded law enforcement officers don't have the tools they need to curb Mexico-bound gun trafficking.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATF_gunwalking_scandal

The stated goal of allowing these purchases was to continue to track the firearms as they were transferred to higher-level traffickers and key figures in Mexican cartels, with the expectation that this would lead to their arrests and the dismantling of the cartels.[6][8][9] While federal prosecutor Emory Hurley allegedly told agents they had no choice but to let guns "walk" because agents lacked probable cause to arrest buyers, the tactic of allowing obvious straw purchasers to give guns to criminal organizations was questioned during the operations by ATF field agents and cooperating licensed gun dealers.[10][11][12][13][14] During Operation Fast and Furious, the largest "gunwalking" probe, the ATF monitored the sale of about 2,000[1]:203[15] firearms, of which only 710 were recovered as of February 2012.[1]:203 A number of straw purchasers have been arrested and indicted; however, as of October 2011, none of the targeted high-level cartel figures had been arrested.[6]

As a result of a dispute over the release of Justice Department documents related to the scandal, Attorney General Eric Holder became the first sitting member of the Cabinet of the United States to be held in contempt of Congress on June 28, 2012, in a vote largely along party lines in a Republican-controlled House.[18][19] At Holder's request, President Barack Obama had invoked executive privilege for the first time in his presidency in order to withhold documents that "were not generated in the course of the conduct of Fast and Furious."[20][21] In 2016, a federal court ruled that the records in question were not covered by privilege;[22] A House lawsuit to try to recover the records was settled and the matter dropped in April 2019, after control of the House had shifted to Democrats.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-02-2020, 10:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Then why question the motivation to label something as COVID, when the total numbers indicate that the covid numbers are about right?

Also your other points about not trusting democrats power grab are well made and valid, I just don't think the Republicans are any different. You're right to distrust power.
I absolutely question to call it covid. Most cases simply were not that though. We may just be arguing over fractions of a percent here so the whole how many discussion may not even matter. What matters is the response and why the response. The response does not seem to match the reality on the ground and that is where the distrust is especially when the press is trying to convince us that what democrat states is doing is the perfect thing and what Republican states are doing is the absolute wrong thing. The press is supposed to look at facts and report them. This is what tells me this is completely political and I know where the democrats playbook comes from. They are a danger to our freedoms.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-02-2020, 10:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
example of politicizing:
I get it, both sides do it, like migrant caravan and wot not. The whole political system is broken and corrupt. But, that doesn't mean covid is a hoax.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-02-2020, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
If you look at the symptoms, 75% of them are the symptoms of being old and out of shape.
Bear comes out of the woods and chases a group of hikers. He gets the slowest one. Did the hiker die from a bear attack or from being fat and out of shape?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-02-2020, 12:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
What do you mean hits home? I have 2 kids in school. I have 14 plus member of my family involved on the front lines daily between hospitals , fire departments , and police departments. My entire immediate family has had covid. The kids belong inside the building , your fear is misplaced , you should fear their future without a proper education, you should fear their loss of self confidence / self worth, should fear them slipping into depression , and you should fear the lack socialization skills more than you fear a virus that has almost no effect in school aged children. Again I ask how many of those kids died or suffered severe injury or death?

What about student athletes ? What about those making the next step from high school to college , college to job world. You thinks kids are being prepared for those huge incremental changes. Imagine being an undecided junior or senior in high school. Getting zero help for your college process , getting zero preparation for some of the most important life decisions to shape your future. My middle daughter is a junior in HS . 2 kids have committed suicide this year in her high school. It’s the biggest recruiting year and traveling year for her sport , she has no clue what type of school she’d like to go to( one of biggest life decisions ) . , getting zero opportunities to take prep classes for the standardized tests. My youngest is in 8th grade. She is currently touted as one of the top athletes in the nation at her sport. She had offers from several high level prep schools across the Nation. Again same scenario. Can’t visit any schools , can’t get any help preparing for the ISEE, SSAT , she’s had 3 kids in her grade level commit suicide this year.

People need to think about the impact outside the virus the policies are having to get a bigger picture. The focus on the virus is much to narrow . It’s too one dimensional at the moment and the damage due to that if not changed immediately will cripple this country long term
I don't fear for my kids. They are strong individuals. They won't fall apart and have their futures ruined from a couple of months of online learning.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-02-2020, 12:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Bear comes out of the woods and chases a group of hikers. He gets the slowest one. Did the hiker die from a bear attack or from being fat and out of shape?
Technically the hiker died from either blunt force trauma or acute blood letting.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-02-2020, 12:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
I get it, both sides do it, like migrant caravan and wot not. The whole political system is broken and corrupt. But, that doesn't mean covid is a hoax.
Migrant caravan? Is that a made up thing with the pictures and the democrats at the border showing us Obama built cages blaming Republicans for not opening up the borders for these people who were trying to manipulate the laws that were put in place purposely manipulatable by Obama.

Who said covid was a hoax. I believe the shut downs are a hoax or at a minimum a manipulation of our freedoms to kill business for an election cycle or even worse to be used as the Canadian prime minister as a avenue to redesign the world.

Just like the world reporting. You really believe that other countries around the world have zero problem with covid and it is just the US? I have a bridge to sell you. Either we do not have an issue with it, they do have an issue with it or the truth is in between. If the truth is in between then what is the motivation for not telling it how it actually is.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-02-2020, 12:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
I don't fear for my kids. They are strong individuals. They won't fall apart and have their futures ruined from a couple of months of online learning.
depends on the age. Wife and I were just talking about this. Grand kids are not in school but lucky the day care they go to is not the big business type or my kids would have a hard time trying to work. Neighbors kids are locked out of school. She had to change her hours to outside of school time for work so she is not there when they are "off". She is luck she could change hours. The education at younger ages is not a huge deal. High school working on vocational program it would be impacted. Advanced topics could be an issue. I was a better note taker and needed to see it worked out first for my learning. All depends on age and where.

Maybe this will do one thing and make school subjects change. Do you really need all these other classes for an engineering degree for instance in college? In the military they tech them engineering and that is it.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-02-2020, 12:34 PM Reply   
I am glad my kids are not seniors and I am glad they are not grade school as well. Our school system cut out the non core classes so the kids can just focus on the main topics which I thought was good thing for the short term.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-02-2020, 12:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am glad my kids are not seniors and I am glad they are not grade school as well. Our school system cut out the non core classes so the kids can just focus on the main topics which I thought was good thing for the short term.
That is what is so difficult with much of this. It is all relative to peoples individual situation. This all goes back to where we all should have been anyway. We should have never have left having one parent in the house hold (male or female). All prices for products did was adjust for the extra income but at the end of the day children and their mindsets as they grow into adults have suffered as a society. Wonder if this is an event that gets us back to that way? doubt it, but it would be kind of cool and better for society if it did.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-02-2020, 12:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
If he had a heart attack while running from the bear, then he simply died of a heart attack. If he died of pneumonia recovering from the bear attack, he died of pneumonia.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-02-2020, 1:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
As I recall the govt made money on the mueller investigation. Manafort had to surrender $40M in real estate to the govt. In addition there were 30 some indictments and several guilty with jail sentence. On the other hand a dozen Repube investigations under Barr and Sessions found a changed email, slap on the hand of one atty. So, yeah, GTFOH with your BS.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-02-2020, 1:03 PM Reply   
Quote:

One last one for now. Why did Cuomo in New York place all those covid positive people in the nursing homes purposefully when everyone told him that will kill all of them? Then he went around locking down New York because of all the covid deaths when the facts remain it is the over 70 crowd dying (statistically speaking) and he is the one who did it on purpose. That is the height of manipulation and not even hidden. Not a single major news organization is trying to fry him for that.

that is almost exactly like the Fast and Furious thing I just posted about where they were the ones seeding the weapons on purpose then tried to use the fact that weapons were being used in crimes in the US as a reason to call for gun control. Not a single democrat cared about that because, well they wanted the guns gone as a matter of them trying to remove our freedom. So they are not going to check anyone on that because it fits the agenda. Does covid fit the agenda? They wanted Trump out of the way by any means even making up fake documents to get a fake investigation. They even said out loud that the only thing that can take Trump down is a bad economy and walla. Here is this "covid" issue and all the democrat states shut down the economy while Republican states stayed open. Don't really see too much of a difference in deaths around the country statistically, so why are we shut down and why? POLITICS!!!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-02-2020, 4:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Man dies of heart attack after bear claws him few times ,,,, did the bear kill him or did he die of a heart attack ?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-02-2020, 4:25 PM Reply   
Quote:

So you don’t care about the substantial increase in failing students , the increase in depression , the increase in suicides. , the decrease in socialization skills , the decrease in personal Interaction at all? Those things don’t matter at all because they’re not your kids................here I thought every life mattered. That’s why we need to not be in schools and need tyrannical lockdowns?

Oh wait, I forgot , they only matter when it’s convenient

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-02-2020 at 4:29 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-02-2020, 4:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
One last one for now. Why did Cuomo in New York place all those covid positive people in the nursing homes purposefully when everyone told him that will kill all of them? Then he went around locking down New York because of all the covid deaths when the facts remain it is the over 70 crowd dying (statistically speaking) and he is the one who did it on purpose. That is the height of manipulation and not even hidden. Not a single major news organization is trying to fry him for that.
100% agree Cuomo did a terrible job and made horrendous mistakes. The Hill have been ripping on him pretty hard for 6 months.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-02-2020, 4:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Migrant caravan? Is that a made up thing
Yes it's a made up thing Trump promoted hard out in the run up to 2018 mid terms, deploying troops to the border. Amazingly they never made it to the border.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-03-2020, 5:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
So you don’t care about the substantial increase in failing students , the increase in depression , the increase in suicides. , the decrease in socialization skills , the decrease in personal Interaction at all? Those things don’t matter at all because they’re not your kids................here I thought every life mattered. That’s why we need to not be in schools and need tyrannical lockdowns?

If thats happening to kids because they had to go to remote learning for a month and a half, they have bigger issues. I never said I supported lockdowns.

So you think we need to end lock downs because its having a negative effect on one group, while others think we need more restrictions so it doesn't have a negative effect on another group. I think a lot of this spread is coming from our school system and remote learning is a easy short term correction without having to place entire cities on lockdown. Pick your poison I guess.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-03-2020, 5:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
If thats happening to kids because they had to go to remote learning for a month and a half, they have bigger issues. I never said I supported lockdowns.

So you think we need to end lock downs because its having a negative effect on one group, while others think we need more restrictions so it doesn't have a negative effect on another group. I think a lot of this spread is coming from our school system and remote learning is a easy short term correction without having to place entire cities on lockdown. Pick your poison I guess.
A month and half? I know each state is different, but my kids have been forced into remote learning since March 12th with no end in sight.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-03-2020, 6:32 AM Reply   
True. I am sure they are different. We started after summer break with full time then once the kids hit school it started to explode, then came Hybrid and now remote. Since they have gone remote, cases have started to drop but a spike is expected after the holiday.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-03-2020, 8:02 AM Reply   
Quote:

Although I disagree with your black and white depiction of the issue, you raise good points. While I'm not sure that kids in elite sports should be the focus of public policy (just because there are so few of them), we can't just put blinders on and ignore that schools are where many many many poor kids get their one reliable square meal of the day. Teachers are also mandatory reporters for child abuse (at least in my state) so they are the front line for spotting a bad situation on the home front. That's in addition to the socialization points you raise.

By the same token, teachers are adults, and let's be honest, many many of THEM get eaten by the bear. We need to be cognizant of not putting people in harms way who didn't sign up for it. Teachers aren't cops or firefighters or ER nurses, and even if they had made that sort of commitment to put themselves in harms way, they certainly aren't getting that level of PPE (at least in my school district).

Locally (where we are running a 20% positivity rate and the hospitals are 90% full, mind you) our school district has kept elementary schools open and has gone back to online only for middle and hs after doing hybrid (2 days in person, 3 days online) since August. Is it the right solution? Who knows.

Around here I don't see HS sports happening at all this year. They were cancelled for the fall and are slated to resume in January, but given our current outbreaks, I don't think it's gonna happen. I totally get what a bummer that is for a lot of families. My son wrestled in HS and his senior year was really special -- for him and for us.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-03-2020, 9:59 AM Reply   
Pardons: What's the feeling on pardons, is it ok if a departing president can preemptively pardon related parties after being turfted out? How is that justice? Would everybody be happy if Biden pardons Hunter for any illegal things he might have done? Or Hillary? Lol, that would be funny.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-03-2020, 10:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
As I recall the govt made money on the mueller investigation. Manafort had to surrender $40M in real estate to the govt. In addition there were 30 some indictments and several guilty with jail sentence. On the other hand a dozen Repube investigations under Barr and Sessions found a changed email, slap on the hand of one atty. So, yeah, GTFOH with your BS.
The property had ZERO to do with Russian collusion so you GTFOH with your BS
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-03-2020, 10:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Yes it's a made up thing Trump promoted hard out in the run up to 2018 mid terms, deploying troops to the border. Amazingly they never made it to the border.
Last I heard the Mexicans turned them back. Point is with the amount of drugs and human trafficking (my wife actually worked with agencies on trafficking) and people shooting at border patrol there should be troops. You have to look at it this way. There has never been this amount of demographic shift in a population in the history of the world outside of a major open war. People talk about foreign influence in elections? Try nearly 5% to 10% of our population is living in our country but actually send the economic gains to their country as well as has kids that become citizens simply by being here and they vote for the gain of their parents country.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-03-2020, 10:33 AM Reply   
Quote:

Actually the wife just told me about a kid that was 11 that committed suicide on the zoom session during class. So, there is that type of thing going on.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-03-2020, 10:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Pardons: What's the feeling on pardons, is it ok if a departing president can preemptively pardon related parties after being turfted out? How is that justice? Would everybody be happy if Biden pardons Hunter for any illegal things he might have done? Or Hillary? Lol, that would be funny.
Does not matter what we think. He has the constitutional ability to do as he wishes with it. What are you going to do, not elect him?
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-03-2020, 10:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Presidential pardons have always been a bit of a weird thing for me. Especially the idea of pardoning yourself. If we end up in a situation where the president pardons himself, we need an amendment on the floor ASAP to keep it from ever happening again. Imagine the implications of a genuine tyrant with a get out of free card.

I don't even begin to understand the idea of a preemptive pardon.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-03-2020, 11:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post
Presidential pardons have always been a bit of a weird thing for me. Especially the idea of pardoning yourself. If we end up in a situation where the president pardons himself, we need an amendment on the floor ASAP to keep it from ever happening again. Imagine the implications of a genuine tyrant with a get out of free card.

or you could have what we had the last 4 years and a political party in control, create fake documents and then try and prosecute a president along party lines all based on a lie for political game. I'm not worried about it. If there truly was a tyrant, they would be handled by both members of congress.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-03-2020, 11:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Actually Hunter's issue will never see the light of day again because Biden will be in charge of the DOJ.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-03-2020, 11:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
The property had ZERO to do with Russian collusion so you GTFOH with your BS
It does not need to be related to Russia, the point is that part of his sentencing was to give up the real estate that more than paid for the mueller inquiry. Starguy was upset about wasted $$, on a deal we made money on.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-03-2020, 11:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiboarder View Post

Doesnt sound constitutional to pre-emtivly pardon yourself. Isnt there something about not being the judge of your own trial? Nemo judex in causa sua .
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-03-2020, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
or you could have what we had the last 4 years and a political party in control, create fake documents and then try and prosecute a president along party lines all based on a lie for political game. I'm not worried about it. If there truly was a tyrant, they would be handled by both members of congress.
Create fake documents? Like the stuff on Hunter Biden? or the actual "transcript" of The Perfect call that trump released? or the Tax returns trump said were fake and were actual copies of his taxes? Or his fake Trump University? Or the Fake Trump Family Foundation? Or the fake "Healthcare Plan" he brought to the interview he walked out on? Or the fake claims of a fraudulent election? That fake stuff?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-03-2020, 11:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Actually the wife just told me about a kid that was 11 that committed suicide on the zoom session during class. So, there is that type of thing going on.
That's awful. Hopefully that doesn't become commonplace. Since columbine we still get school shootings. So many in fact that people seem to almost shrug them off.

Back in 2013 we had one locally. A 12 year old brought a gun to school, shot and wounded a kid, shot and killed a teacher, shot and wound another kid, then shot himself in the head, all minutes before class started.

There's been nothing done for those disaffected kids, but we do do drills now so the rest of the kids can practice hiding under their desks.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-03-2020, 12:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
So are you blaming this on covid or an underlying cause?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-03-2020, 12:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Does not matter what we think. He has the constitutional ability to do as he wishes with it. What are you going to do, not elect him?
Looking forward to that same lofty standard being applied to Biden.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-03-2020, 12:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
So are you blaming this on covid or an underlying cause?
Uh oh, pretzel logic from delta in coming.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-03-2020, 10:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotthons View Post
A month and half? I know each state is different, but my kids have been forced into remote learning since March 12th with no end in sight.
Same. My youngest hasn’t seen a classroom since March. Oldest had 3 days in class since March before it was locked down again.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-03-2020, 11:01 PM Reply   
Oh man more Rollbacks

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is set to shorten the recommended length of quarantine after exposure to someone who is positive for COVID-19, as the virus rages across the nation.
According to a senior administration official, the new guidelines, which are set to be released as soon as Tuesday evening, will allow people who have come in contact to someone infected with the virus to resume normal activity after 10 days, or 7 days if they receive a negative test result. That’s down from the 14-day period recommended since the onset of the pandemic.

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-03-2020 at 11:08 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-03-2020, 11:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Although I disagree with your black and white depiction of the issue, you raise good points. While I'm not sure that kids in elite sports should be the focus of public policy (just because there are so few of them), we can't just put blinders on and ignore that schools are where many many many poor kids get their one reliable square meal of the day. Teachers are also mandatory reporters for child abuse (at least in my state) so they are the front line for spotting a bad situation on the home front. That's in addition to the socialization points you raise.

By the same token, teachers are adults, and let's be honest, many many of THEM get eaten by the bear. We need to be cognizant of not putting people in harms way who didn't sign up for it. Teachers aren't cops or firefighters or ER nurses, and even if they had made that sort of commitment to put themselves in harms way, they certainly aren't getting that level of PPE (at least in my school district).

Locally (where we are running a 20% positivity rate and the hospitals are 90% full, mind you) our school district has kept elementary schools open and has gone back to online only for middle and hs after doing hybrid (2 days in person, 3 days online) since August. Is it the right solution? Who knows.

Around here I don't see HS sports happening at all this year. They were cancelled for the fall and are slated to resume in January, but given our current outbreaks, I don't think it's gonna happen. I totally get what a bummer that is for a lot of families. My son wrestled in HS and his senior year was really special -- for him and for us.
I don’t know what level of PPE you think Police get , but I was issued 2 cloth masks , that is it. Our vehicles don’t get sanitized after shifts , our radios don’t get sanatized , our stations aren’t sanitized daily . On any give day at one of the 23 different district stations around the city you have over 3-400 cops pass through .

Our public schools provide breakfast , lunch for almost all , dinner for a large group of select few. Couple the fact that a single parent now has to feed multiple children all day while trying to work their job to survive, Essentially re- teach lesson plan because a good amount of kids need a more visual / hands on learning environment. 2nd jobs are not happening because the service industry is dead , parents no longer can focus on their job and perform at their top level because their day is filled with distractions. I just don’t see the inherent / immediate super danger to the teachers. Transmission from student to teacher as discussed is almost negligible. Student to student would be the main focus, and the odds of a student becoming seriously ill are minuscule. The scientists say the same thing. If certain students fall into the high risk category , or parents are adamant about keeping their child home , that’s easy to accommodate, but those students/families that truly need the learning environment for success should be able to have that option. It’s imperative to our growth as a country.

The web outside of the virus reaches much further than the virus itself and it’s effect on young families. There is zero focus on that at all from the left. The narrow focus has always been on virus itself , and the positivity rate of its transmission. Meanwhile the transmission of hardship and struggle for those least effected by the virus is 10 fold and climbing.

Last edited by xstarrider; 12-03-2020 at 11:28 PM.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-04-2020, 5:30 AM Reply   
"Our public schools provide breakfast , lunch for almost all , dinner for a large group of select few."

Our schools still provide meals you can pick up. Do yours not?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-04-2020, 9:47 AM Reply   
Damn, it a good thing trumpty pardoned Roger Stone or we would never have figured out how Biden cheated and won. It was the boats from N. Korea that brought all the fraudulent ballots over. Glad good ole Roger was available to help Stop The Steal!
https://www.dailydot.com/debug/roger...korea-ballots/
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-04-2020, 11:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
There is zero focus on that at all from the left. The narrow focus has always been on virus itself , and the positivity rate of its transmission. Meanwhile the transmission of hardship and struggle for those least effected by the virus is 10 fold and climbing.
I'm not sure who "the left" is, but in my Biden-voting county in a Biden-voting state, which is running a 20% positivity rate, elementary schools remain open. There's 100% a balance to be struck. Heaven knows you'll never reopen the economy with out schools, and by the same token you'll never reopen the economy without managing the virus.

It's like driving a hotrod with a twitchy throttle -- takes a practice to be smooth and there are going to be times when you are coasting or pinned to the seat while you are learning.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-04-2020, 12:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
It does not need to be related to Russia, the point is that part of his sentencing was to give up the real estate that more than paid for the mueller inquiry. Starguy was upset about wasted $$, on a deal we made money on.
So can we come to your house for a speeding or parking ticket then ask to come inside and look for weed or a gun that your state just happened to change the law regarding a rifle type that now makes you a felon because you did not hear of a change in classification (here is to you kalifornia and AR15's)? This is why you Fing democrat are so dangerous to our freedoms. You mother F$ckers are so politically bent over at this point, you do not care what civil rights you violate as long as you get your authoritarian political rocks off. You are dangerous.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-04-2020, 12:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
"Our public schools provide breakfast , lunch for almost all , dinner for a large group of select few."

Our schools still provide meals you can pick up. Do yours not?
Many places kids or parents just can not go pick up something down at the school. They do rely on the kids actually making it to school via bus to get that service.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-04-2020, 12:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Many places kids or parents just can not go pick up something down at the school. They do rely on the kids actually making it to school via bus to get that service.

Are you in favor of that sort of socialism?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-04-2020, 12:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Oh man more Rollbacks

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is set to shorten the recommended length of quarantine after exposure to someone who is positive for COVID-19, as the virus rages across the nation.
According to a senior administration official, the new guidelines, which are set to be released as soon as Tuesday evening, will allow people who have come in contact to someone infected with the virus to resume normal activity after 10 days, or 7 days if they receive a negative test result. That’s down from the 14-day period recommended since the onset of the pandemic.
Word just came down at our work regarding the 10 day wait. Still don't know how they will administer though. Working with them on a couple people and test or no test, it really does not change out of work time due to waiting 2 or 3 days for the test, 24hr minimum test result turn around, then the days of finally not being symptomatic from what ever it was that made you need a covid test. My help a couple days but not by a week of being out was my take away.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-04-2020, 12:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Are you in favor of that sort of socialism?
Don't approve or disapprove. I technically was that kid if I lived outside of town, however my mother did not take handouts. We never took any of those state or city food stamps or other programs. That is why I had to stop playing football. Practice facilities were on the other side of town and I really did not have a way back and forth.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-04-2020, 12:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
I'm not sure who "the left" is, but in my Biden-voting county in a Biden-voting state, which is running a 20% positivity rate, elementary schools remain open. There's 100% a balance to be struck. Heaven knows you'll never reopen the economy with out schools, and by the same token you'll never reopen the economy without managing the virus.

It's like driving a hotrod with a twitchy throttle -- takes a practice to be smooth and there are going to be times when you are coasting or pinned to the seat while you are learning.
So...... People can weight if they want to participate or not with the virus. I am pretty sure if you opened the bars in California they would all be packed.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       12-04-2020, 12:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Uh oh, pretzel logic from delta in coming.
You can F off....