Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Mgigs7)      Join Date: Mar 2016       01-28-2017, 5:30 AM Reply   
I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed. I didn't find anything on it.
Can anyone give an opinion on the 2016 Tige RZX? Surf wave, quality, tow ability, it's very large. I'm considering this as an option for our next boat.
Thanks!
Old     (BurnMac42)      Join Date: May 2015       01-28-2017, 10:38 AM Reply   
The boat was built with surfing being the first priority so the surf wave is amazing....check out tigeowners.com and you will be able to chat with RZX owners to get the pro's and con's of the boat!
Old     (Mgigs7)      Join Date: Mar 2016       01-28-2017, 10:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnMac42 View Post
The boat was built with surfing being the first priority so the surf wave is amazing....check out tigeowners.com and you will be able to chat with RZX owners to get the pro's and con's of the boat!

Thanks, I'm waiting for the account to be approved before I can post. I thought I would throw it out here as a lot of people are on both.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       02-05-2017, 6:59 AM Reply   
Yes go on Tigeowners haha.. guys on wakeworld bash tige all time just because they don't like poeple who choose the best brand for the buck lol..
RZX is the best SURF boat on the market for my opinion.
Like Malibu/Axis the best wakeboard boats

To have pos and cons of Tigé it's easier to have other boat you want to compare to! And what needs you got
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-05-2017, 10:52 AM Reply   
^^^this

Mention Tige and the classic response is usually some asinine bash or a comparison regarding an MSRP Tige price and an out-the-door Nautique or Malibu price. Then someone will talk about resale and then usually gets proven wrong by someone else. Then a cooler head will bring up the fact that pretty much anything by Nautique, MC, Bu, Supra, Tige or MB I s a pretty sweet boat and they all share similarly awesome engines.

Really comes down to money. If you have infinite get a the G. If you don't, look around for something in your range. Since I don't have infinite money I have a 2 year old Z3 that is definitely not $60,000 less fun or awesome than a new G3.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       02-05-2017, 3:43 PM Reply   
Haha exactly.
I totally agree with you. G23 is my top boat but.. really too much for my budget
It's more a head turning boat for my opinion. Everything is awesome and well built but you pay the price.
What I like from tige is that they concentrate on the sport : the wakesurf. You have a crazy wave quality at a descent price. But they don't cut off on other things like leather and finition.
I have to say if wakeboard is your primary sport tige maybe not the best choice! That their "con's" it's really a surf boat
Wakeboard beast is Malibu/axis they rule wakeboard like tige rule wakesurf but you see few friend have an axis and I always deplore the bad quality ! Leather is thin, the windshield shake with the wind and fully loaded it crack man always making strange noise loll because it's not a monohull..

Anyways
Big pos of tige are :
- really well built for the price
- surf wave amazing
- technology is on point
- fuel saving ( because tige offer a surf wave with almost 50% less weight than the others due to the convexV hull)

Big commonly con's are:
- too much technology ( scared some people for a longtime investment..
But with the full 5yest warranty!)
- wakeboard wave (wakeboard wake is ok, but clearly not made for that)
- boat sensitivity ( tige are more sensitive than other due to the hull shape. This hull shape give the best wave on the market, but
You can't have it all. This hull is a little bit more sensitive to weight and it takes a little bit more time to perfectly set the wave then other brand.
For my opinion I prefer take a little bit more time to set my wave and have the best than just push a button and have a OK wave haha..
and with the touch2 you can save like 5 different setting so you only have to set it once and save it!
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-06-2017, 8:04 AM Reply   
No other boat even comes close when it comes to finition and leather and needing a dealer nearby
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-06-2017, 12:14 PM Reply   
^^^so this is a proto-typical asinine response. You know, where some hillbilly take the words of someone for whom English is a second or third language and then makes fun of them. We all know he means vinyl. I don't know what finition means. And the needing a dealer nearby jab is just nuanced misuse of the English language where he said meant to say something but when he wrote it, it meant something different.

So yes, you as a native probably speak and write English better than Mike. Congrats.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       02-06-2017, 1:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes View Post
^^^this

Mention Tige and the classic response is usually some asinine bash or a comparison regarding an MSRP Tige price and an out-the-door Nautique or Malibu price. Then someone will talk about resale and then usually gets proven wrong by someone else. Then a cooler head will bring up the fact that pretty much anything by Nautique, MC, Bu, Supra, Tige or MB I s a pretty sweet boat and they all share similarly awesome engines.

Really comes down to money. If you have infinite get a the G. If you don't, look around for something in your range. Since I don't have infinite money I have a 2 year old Z3 that is definitely not $60,000 less fun or awesome than a new G3.
Purely out of curiousity....... What is a typical OTD price on an RZX3??(just an RZX at that time??) I got to check one out at the boat show last year, but that one was definitely G23 pricing territory, purely going by MSRP. If I remember correctly, the BASE price, without trailer or any options, was 124K. And the total with upgraded engine (450), trailer, flake gel, and options (was loaded), was 180k and change. I can't remember for 100% sure, but I believe the boat show price was 149,995.00.

I wasn't sure if I was remembering correctly, but I did just go to the Tige website, and the base price is, in fact, 124k without trailer or options.

Not throwing the BS flag, or anything like that...... But it does seem to be priced pretty darn close to a G to me. I am honestly curious what these things are going for.

On a side note...... I did really like the boat. It was definitely well done.
Old     (Mgigs7)      Join Date: Mar 2016       02-06-2017, 2:09 PM Reply   
They have 16's out there between 100K and 124k around 108K should be easy to get done this time of year.
Old     (Bakes)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-06-2017, 3:08 PM Reply   
Yeah...I would have a hard time paying 140-150k for the RZX when a G23 is about that. $108 RZX3 vs $140-$150 G23 is a different story.

Then again....I would have a hard time paying $108 for a boat when I can have just as much fun for $70-80
Old     (BLucas86)      Join Date: Apr 2016       02-08-2017, 11:40 AM Reply   
My wife and I have a 2017 RZX3 that we had built and purchased in August of last year. We absolutely love it after 55 hrs in the last few months. Went with a triple axle trailer to relieve the tow vehicle a bit and pretty much loaded it up with options (sans heater and SC motor). We surf a bunch and a few friends that wake board. The surf wave is phenomenal (added PNP ballast) and its a killer set up all around.

Feel free to PM me anytime and ill give you more details. Good luck in your search.

- Brandon
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-13-2017, 7:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike88 View Post
Yes go on Tigeowners haha.. guys on wakeworld bash tige all time just because they don't like poeple who choose the best brand for the buck lol..
RZX is the best SURF boat on the market for my opinion.
Like Malibu/Axis the best wakeboard boats

To have pos and cons of Tigé it's easier to have other boat you want to compare to! And what needs you got
Speaking of Tige and wakeboarding; check out this video. The wakeboard wake looks huge!!

http://www.alliancewake.com/videos/A...n-Thompson123/
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-13-2017, 7:25 AM Reply   
That's an ASR btw