Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

View Poll Results: Wakeworld Straw Poll
Obama 19 17.43%
Romney 78 71.56%
Other 10 9.17%
Undecided 2 1.83%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-26-2012, 1:11 PM Reply   
No commentary, just click and move on.
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       10-26-2012, 7:14 PM Reply   
I'm gonna be the only idiot to post a comment.
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       10-27-2012, 7:24 AM Reply   
Hey someone has to keep it on top.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-27-2012, 12:02 PM Reply   
Yeah Bumps are allowed
Old     (get_sum)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-27-2012, 5:06 PM Reply   
Clicking and movin.... Although so far the results show where most of us boaters lay.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-27-2012, 11:03 PM Reply   
**** it! Ron Paul baby!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-28-2012, 6:06 PM Reply   
why isnt no one and option? All a bunch of clowns. Maybe ill vote for myself.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-28-2012, 6:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfan23 View Post
why isnt no one and option? All a bunch of clowns. Maybe ill vote for myself.
Richard Pryor died so we can't vote for none of the above.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-29-2012, 7:19 AM Reply   
Why didnt you put Gary Johnson on the list? He is polling up to 8% in some states.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            10-29-2012, 7:26 AM Reply   
So I have my absentee ballot at home and looking over it...who the h-e-double hockey sticks are all these other printed presidential potentials on this list?? Did I miss a memo or something?

EDIT - Woops...didnt read the first post of no comments
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-29-2012, 7:33 AM Reply   
Just noticed rosanne barr is on my ballot. Un fricking believable!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-29-2012, 7:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Why didnt you put Gary Johnson on the list? He is polling up to 8% in some states
He's right there under other

I don't care if people post comments I just didn't want yet another political debate thread.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-30-2012, 4:49 PM Reply   
"Clicking and movin.... Although so far the results show where most of us boaters lay. "
The silent majority?
Old     (bcoppinger)      Join Date: Sep 2002       10-31-2012, 7:16 AM Reply   
Bump
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-01-2012, 6:58 AM Reply   
Bump
Old     (quik876)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-01-2012, 7:31 AM Reply   
I'm gonna be another idiot to post an answer, The fact of the matter is that NEITHER Obama NOR Romney is good for this country. Both believe in man made global warming, they both agree about the NDAA. Romney said bailing out the auto industry was his idea. the list goes on all day Ive got 30+ points about their similarities but there's too many to list here.The pattern of the Jokers continues, from George W. to Obama to Romney if he's elected. but we are led to believe that the only way to go is to vote within the two party system DEMS or REPS, they don't want you thinkin outside the box for Libertarian or Cnstituttional or Independent. but people STILL go for one or the other, we the people need to start letting these idiots know that we don't need to be told that the two party way is the only way to go. Gary Johnson is my TRUE choice. but unfortunately I'll have to vote Rommie-boy just to keep a split vote from occuring and Obama winning by default. and THAT boys and girls is the unfortunate truth of the matter.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-01-2012, 2:35 PM Reply   
^ Thats not following the rules.
Old     (quik876)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-01-2012, 5:07 PM Reply   
Well Eric, seein' as how these guys don't even follow the rules laid out in the Bill of Rights or the Constitution, I don't see where I gotta follow THEIR rules yknow what I mean. but the "fix" is in until the of-age voting population makes enough of a rukus to effect some kinda REAL change in the way we vote
Old     (quik876)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-01-2012, 5:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrigo View Post
Just noticed rosanne barr is on my ballot. Un fricking believable!
I know right, makes me sick, I'm surprised Cindy Sheehan is allowing herself to align with such an idiot like her, no wonder why the lamestream media presstitutes don't take 3rd party candidates seriously.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-02-2012, 7:43 AM Reply   
Interesting that WW is heavily West Coasters, that Romney is in the lead of this poll. Generally voting Republican in California is a wasted vote.

This election is sure going to be interesting.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       11-02-2012, 8:03 AM Reply   
This will be one of those polls that the news outlet use to show who's leading. Haha
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-02-2012, 8:52 AM Reply   
Ha! That'd be funny. Fix news should pick this up.

Republican votes in Washington are pretty worthless too, unfortunately.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-02-2012, 10:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
Interesting that WW is heavily West Coasters, that Romney is in the lead of this poll. Generally voting Republican in California is a wasted vote.
What does "wasted vote" mean really? The way you used it in the sentence suggests that voting for the person/party that ultimately loses is a "waste". I contend that voting for someone who doesn't represent your principles/values and doing so because "they can win", IS in fact a "wasted vote". That term really gets me hot under the collar. RANT OVER. Sorry.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-04-2012, 8:46 AM Reply   
I'm not surprised that Romney is leading this poll but I am that he is by so much.
Old     (TerryR)      Join Date: Aug 2010       11-04-2012, 9:28 AM Reply   
I would have never guessed the results based on the volume of posts otherwise.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-04-2012, 9:58 AM Reply   
Looks like God is voting for Obama....

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...tum/?hpt=hp_t3
Old     (skull)      Join Date: May 2002       11-05-2012, 7:47 AM Reply   
I think this poll and our group here says a lot... we have a few right-wing nuts, a few left-wing nuts and a bunch of people in the middle. Romney is winning 70% to 18%. Now, on average we will have higher incomes than the average citizen but it is still telling. I think Romney will win easily with independents which is why he will win the election 280 to 258.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-05-2012, 7:55 AM Reply   
I like where your heads at
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-05-2012, 11:43 PM Reply   
^^^ me too.
Old     (jason_ssr)      Join Date: Apr 2001       11-06-2012, 6:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
What does "wasted vote" mean really?
The president is elected by electoral college votes, not popular votes. Therefore it is believed that a person residing in at a geographical point that is dominated by one party is wasting his time voting because while he can change the popular vote by 1, he cannot affect the electoral vote in the slightest. This is why so much attn is on swing states, or states equally divided. In these states small changes in the popular vote can change the electoral vote. In states like CA or TX, the electoral vote is pretty much cast in stone.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       11-06-2012, 7:29 AM Reply   
Adam, Jason G said it much better than I did. I am not saying any one person's vote is unimportant, just doesn't really decide much.

Today's the day, we should know by lunch time on the West how it is all shaping up.

Good luck to all those have vote.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-06-2012, 7:34 AM Reply   
^So in a "swing state" what would you recommend to the person who doesnt want to vote for the nominee of the dominate party? Not vote at all? Under that assumption, why should anyone waste thier time to go vote in a non-swing state? Shouldn't we just cancel the election in the blue and red states and let the swing states figure it out? A vote is not wasted if you vote for the person you have trust and confidence in, no matter the party the canidate is affiliated with.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-06-2012, 7:37 AM Reply   
In addition, I think it's this attitude that results in the low voter turn outs we historically have.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       11-06-2012, 7:46 AM Reply   
In other news, I expect Obama to take an early lead today in the polls....that is until all of us Republicans get off of work...
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-06-2012, 8:49 AM Reply   
Half way to a popular vote replacement:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...rstate_Compact
Old     (snyder)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-06-2012, 9:53 AM Reply   
Wes, great link.

I was just having a discussion w/a co-worker about the electoral college. It is pretty frustrating that the candidates focus so much attention on the "swing states" leaving folks in solid red or blue states to think their vote doesn't count (if they're in the minority in that state).

In a state-by-state analysis of the ones who have adopted NPVIC and when they did so, it looks like it was a reaction to the bush gore election (where bush got the majority of electoral votes and gore got more popular vote) since it's clearly solid blue states that have passed such legislation.

But what i think would be the result is the silent majority (being displayed in the poll in this very discussion) would be much more energized to vote and turnout amongst conservatives would make it difficult for a liberal win any time in the near future. The country is center-right. I'm willing to bet there are tons of republicans in California, New York, etc that don't bother showing up because they know there's no point. All of their states electoral votes are going to the dem. They would then have a reason to show up. Of course the same could be said in the solid red states too, but stats support the idea that outside of party affiliation and elections, we're a center-right nation.

The down-side of it is when we are really closely divided it takes us a long time to heal from nail-biter elections. When there is a decisive winner (as is more possible in the current electoral process) it allows us to move on more quickly.

Thanks again for the link. I've never heard of this initiative.
(sorry, i know this was supposed to be a "vote and move on" thread.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-06-2012, 2:19 PM Reply   
I agree with a lot of your analysis (although I don't think a WW poll is representative of the US population). You can say the same about a lot of apathetic dem voters in red states (Texas is a good example, see my other thread about Texas). I also imagine that both sides would have to shake up the way they do things in order to get their turnout (which is a good thing in some ways - dems pushing for online voting to get the youth vote out, etc) - it would certainly change the way the money was spent...
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       11-06-2012, 2:41 PM Reply   
Where's Tucker/Sam/Cliff C., to come here and try and blast the popular vote again?

I think the popular vote would be great for voter turnout, and I still believe a vote should = a vote in this country.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-06-2012, 3:08 PM Reply   
I hope everyone voted or are on their way. No matter who you are voting for it is nice to have an opportunity to participate. China is getting a new leader. If you think our system is messed up, research that a bit.
Old     (norcalrider)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-06-2012, 3:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_ssr View Post
In these states small changes in the popular vote can change the electoral vote. In states like CA or TX, the electoral vote is pretty much cast in stone.
I agree, but in terms of what Adam R is stating you should always vote your conscience. If it is a third party try to get that 5% it helps in the next cycle with funding and messaging. Also might make the contest closer between two bad candidates and require the winner to walk a tighter line as they do not have a landslide mandate.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-06-2012, 3:17 PM Reply   
China has not been in a recession, their economy just slowed down a bit, they have lifted 300,000,000 million people out of poverty in the last decade.
Old    deltahoosier            11-06-2012, 7:39 PM Reply   
Yep. China lifted 300,000 people out of poverty with our jobs. Spread that wealth! Spread that wealth!!! say it again.....
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-07-2012, 12:50 PM Reply   
Not 300,000 300,000,000 or 300 million almost the amount of people that live in the US
Old    deltahoosier            11-07-2012, 9:56 PM Reply   
Yep and they did it with American jobs and technology and of course our trade imbalance. spread that wealth, spread that wealth, spread that wealth....
Old     (deneng)      Join Date: Feb 2005       11-08-2012, 12:41 PM Reply   
Buster Posey..
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       11-08-2012, 12:59 PM Reply   
75% of the jobs that were saved in the GM Bailout are out of country jobs. Way to go Obama!