Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       04-25-2017, 8:39 AM Reply   
Has anyone had pockets sewn in to a Supra bimini? I've got a brand new bimini sitting at my house because of a tear in the original and wanted to get some surf storage pockets sewn in. Think there would be any problems with the additional weight? Also if anyone knows a good shop around Nashville TN let me know because I'm not sure where to call.

Second thought: I've got one set of clamping racks. Thought about adding a second set of racks that could hold surf boards, but am not sure how to go about that on the new Supra tower. The current clamping ones only hold skim style boards. I need to get the larger boards out of the walkway
Old     (smorris7)      Join Date: Nov 2013       04-25-2017, 9:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlzelenik View Post
Has anyone had pockets sewn in to a Supra bimini? I've got a brand new bimini sitting at my house because of a tear in the original and wanted to get some surf storage pockets sewn in. Think there would be any problems with the additional weight? Also if anyone knows a good shop around Nashville TN let me know because I'm not sure where to call.

Second thought: I've got one set of clamping racks. Thought about adding a second set of racks that could hold surf boards, but am not sure how to go about that on the new Supra tower. The current clamping ones only hold skim style boards. I need to get the larger boards out of the walkway

They make an adapter. Roswell part number C915-114150
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       04-25-2017, 10:04 AM Reply   
Thanks Shane. Does the adapter mount directly to the tower allowing you to add swivel and rack? Sorry I don't have easy access to my boat to check where upper racks would mount or I'd give it a look
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       04-25-2017, 10:07 AM Reply   
Now that I think about it, a swivel won't do much good that high up on the tower
Old     (smorris7)      Join Date: Nov 2013       04-25-2017, 11:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlzelenik View Post
Thanks Shane. Does the adapter mount directly to the tower allowing you to add swivel and rack? Sorry I don't have easy access to my boat to check where upper racks would mount or I'd give it a look

No it mount to the aluminum piece that holds the Bimini arms. If you notice, there are 2 predrilled holes in that arm.
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       04-25-2017, 1:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post
No it mount to the aluminum piece that holds the Bimini arms. If you notice, there are 2 predrilled holes in that arm.

Does that piece work on the new A3 tower on the Moomba? They have the similar arm
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       04-26-2017, 9:57 PM Reply   
I have a local upholstery shop that does the bimini pockets all the time. they have gotten really popular. Whether it will handle the weight or not...depends on the hardware for your bimini, where it mounts above tower, etc.
If you can find a shop someone near you, sure they will be able to do it...either give them a template of size of board you want to fit, or draw on the bimini with removable chalk and you can trace out the lines of board and they can make the pocket a little larger than the lines you trace.