Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (carter92j)      Join Date: Oct 2013       10-03-2013, 9:45 AM Reply   
The title says it all. I need tips on how to ollie when out side the wake and flip. I've been told it's about line tension, it's about how high you can ollie, and then it doesn't matter how high your ollie is.

So any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I saw a fellow wakeboarder do it the other week, but haven't been able to find anything about it.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-03-2013, 8:31 PM Reply   
Watch him. Roll to reverts are easier than straight rolls. http://youtube.com/watch?v=gtpeG87pTcU

I'm posting this from an ipad so I can't embed the video, sorry.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       10-04-2013, 7:31 AM Reply   
I maintain a few air tricks just in case of emergencies. I used to have a lot more in the 90s.

First, Its not an ollie at all. How high you can ollie means nothing. The easiest place to start is with an air roll to revert. Start by standing in the trough. Use an aggressive-progressive edge for about 1 second (start slow and build it up fast). You should cross more than about 3-4ft sideways before you are edging up and away. From there it is just a traditional roll to rev. You can't mexican it at all.

Honestly, it is that easy. If you have access to a cable or 2.0 that is the best place to learn.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       10-04-2013, 8:04 AM Reply   
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       10-08-2013, 1:41 PM Reply   
^prolly the best couple answers in trick tips in a long time. Good job guys
Old     (carter92j)      Join Date: Oct 2013       10-08-2013, 2:48 PM Reply   
I tried it last week. I tried it four times that day and everyone said my first attempt was closest. All I did was cut heelside off the wake, go about 4 feet, pull the handle in and tried to flip. My friends on the boat said I need to rotate faster. How do I manage that? There's a video of my last attempt on my instagram: carter92j.