Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (boarder82)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-07-2012, 4:27 PM Reply   
Hey guys,
I have been trying front rolls for the last couple weeks, and I can't quite seem to get the full rotation. I feel like I am waiting long enough and not leaving early but just can't quite get there. Here are three attempts from yesterday:

http://youtu.be/biLgj5oL4KU

Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       06-07-2012, 4:49 PM Reply   
I think I edge harder when I do mine, I go out really far and almost edge as hard as I possibly can otherwise I under-rotate. I try and hold my edge all the way up the wake with my chest tall and then throw down my shoulders when I feel my back foot is at the top of the wake. Otherwise, I would say yours looks pretty good, I think you just need to go out farther and edge harder, at least that's what works for me.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-10-2012, 3:06 PM Reply   
I wrote a pretty comprehensive guide for toe rolls in another thread a while ago, here's the link:
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792804

The main problems you have are you're throwing your head forward and starting the roll way too early. Wait until you've gotten a nice clean upwards pop before throwing the trick. You want to be aiming to take it straight up and wake to wake, but really tall. This should make progression much easier. To do this; when you pop, push your chest up first, then tuck into the roll.

Your handle position is mostly good through the roll but you're letting it drift to your right front pocket too much, especially on the landing. You should aim to have it touching your right kidney area. Try taking your back hand off to help, or even better imagine you're trying to punch someone behind you, using the hammer part of your fist (the outside of the pinky, keeping the back of your hand up)

Also bend your knees more on your approach. Your right leg is barely bent at all and your left leg should be bent a little bit more than it is. They should be bent the same amount

Finally close you shoulder off to the boat. Your handle should be in your right back pocket, but that doesn't mean you have to open your shoulders to the boat completely to get it there.