Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-21-2017, 11:59 AM Reply   
This segment on Vice News was pretty amazing IMO. The segment in the story that I found very eye opining starts at 3:02 into the video where they go to MIT. And they get a look at how they at MIT could track Twitter (tweets) and they could see how the country is split into 2 “sort of Tribes” & How we don’t talk to each other politically. Especially in the media. This graph was so cool. The Blue represented Democrat Twitter people talking to each other and the Red group represented Trump supporters talking to each other and what was odvious from the graph very little discussion between the left and the right. Both sides are preaching to the choir.

Here is a link to the Video.
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-21-2017, 1:39 PM Reply   
If you want to see what happens when they do talk to each other follow non wakeboarding discussion on wakeworld, ha ha
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-21-2017, 2:43 PM Reply   
^^^ LOL I know that’s what I was thinking when I saw that episode a few weeks ago. I thought perhaps what is happening here on W/W is going on threw out our country. People don’t seem intrested in hearing the other sides ideas & thoughts.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       10-21-2017, 3:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
If you want to see what happens when they do talk to each other follow non wakeboarding discussion on wakeworld, ha ha
haha nailed it! i was checking out the kelly thread early this am and saw a couple of the main players got the boot. I'm sure if everyone got in the same room they'd be able to have a beer and be civil. I think its becoming harder as time goes on to find common ground with people though. Most of all i'm sick of politics getting shoved down our throats every day, elections over put on your big boy pants and accept the president and deal with it the same way the other side did the last 8 years instead of holding a protest every F****ing time someone farts

Last edited by bass10after; 10-21-2017 at 4:06 PM.
Old     (wakeslash)      Join Date: Sep 2017       10-21-2017, 6:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
haha nailed it! i was checking out the kelly thread early this am and saw a couple of the main players got the boot. I'm sure if everyone got in the same room they'd be able to have a beer and be civil. I think its becoming harder as time goes on to find common ground with people though. Most of all i'm sick of politics getting shoved down our throats every day, elections over put on your big boy pants and accept the president and deal with it the same way the other side did the last 8 years instead of holding a protest every F****ing time someone farts
HAHAHA yeah theses protests are pure stupidity.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-22-2017, 6:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
^^^ LOL I know that’s what I was thinking when I saw that episode a few weeks ago. I thought perhaps what is happening here on W/W is going on threw out our country. People don’t seem intrested in hearing the other sides ideas & thoughts.
I am interested. I might disagree with your point of view, but I do want to understand why you think how you do.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-22-2017, 7:10 AM Reply   
Why do you think W/W political threads get nasty? My opinion, people get passionate and emotional and that creeps out and gets other people equally riled up.

I saw one program where the speaker said. “People are so pissed off at politics right now they don’t want to listen to people who have an opposing view, they simply want to shout their ideology at you whether you like it or not”

I don’t want to agree with that statement but I have to admit it looks like that from time to time.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       10-22-2017, 8:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
they simply want to shout their ideology at you whether you like it or not
Because every argument essentially boils down to your ideology. Whatever the problem, the solution is a consequence of your ideology. If your ideology is that everyone should have access to healthcare, then your solution results in everyone having HC. If your ideology is that only people with well paying jobs have access to HC, then your solution looks like that.