Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (suprafly08)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-30-2017, 7:02 PM Reply   
looking to buy this board for me a big guy. My Nautique dealer pro shop recommended this board for me. 6'2" -250lbs....

They claim it's quite fast and buoyant. I have an older Triple X - nitro board. That I struggle staying in the sweet spot with. Would this board be much better?

They also sell soulcraft, but recommend the POD over any of their offerings for me.

Thoughts?
Old     (Xbigpun66)      Join Date: Aug 2016       07-30-2017, 7:16 PM Reply   
They recommend a liquid force board over soulcraft? Really?
Old     (suprafly08)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-30-2017, 7:24 PM Reply   
Yeah. He thought for my size/skill and boat (2017 Nautique 230) the POD was gonna be a better option.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       07-30-2017, 9:09 PM Reply   
That crazy, get a Doomswell Neo in 4' 10". Yes, a good board makes a big difference and allows you to progress faster. Nauticurl.com is where I bought my 4' 8" Neo, I am 205lbs tho, you would want the 4' 10" (actually think they have some "blem's on sale in that size right now too). Buoyant board, fast (you lean forward and it goes) lots of fun to ride that is great at airs and can do 360's.... and till you get to a fully custom surf style board, don't think it gets much better. I have a Liquid Force board, fun board everyone in a while to change it up, but not in same class as Doomswell (or customs like Soulcraft, etc). You can learn faster on a more buoyant board....why get something that you will have to replace in couple months cause you are too good for it?
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       07-30-2017, 10:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprafly08 View Post
looking to buy this board for me a big guy. My Nautique dealer pro shop recommended this board for me. 6'2" -250lbs....

They claim it's quite fast and buoyant. I have an older Triple X - nitro board. That I struggle staying in the sweet spot with. Would this board be much better?

They also sell soulcraft, but recommend the POD over any of their offerings for me.

Thoughts?

I love the POD. I have ridden a lot of boards but the POD is in my top 5. It surfs like an ocean board. To me if you are standing still rocking forward does not give you a boost of speed. If you on the other hand pump the board utilizing those fins it takes off. Probably wont go wrong with either.
Old     (Paulvette01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       07-31-2017, 5:05 AM Reply   
I'm 6'2" and weigh 220lbs, have been riding a shred stixx on a small wave and had to work it hard, bought a hyperlite shim but feels like a skim board... I tried the Hyperlite POD in 4'7" and WOW.. i'm from an ocean surf background and this board performs like a regular surfboard in a regular swell. Its insanely fast and the response/manouverability is unbelievable, loved it so much after 10 mins I went and bought one - just bear in mind its fast and loose, it will be no problem for air tricks and the fins break loose easily - its everything I was looking for in a wake surf board..
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       07-31-2017, 5:47 AM Reply   
my two cents is this. Spend the money on a board that you can grow with and learn on. One you will keep for a long time. I learned on surf boards in ocean, so wake surfing was easy I used hyperlite and liquid force, easy to get up but never could go ropeless. Im to big, heavier then you. I still use those boards to teach newbies because they are so easy to get up on. I tried a big board from hyperlite, didn't work, I tried phase 5 kong, and hated it and terrible build. I then got hooked up with chaos ringer xxl for the really big boys. I put the chaos fins on it, and its super fast and great. Love it. the best part is the owner is knowledgeable and great to work with. You could easily user the other boards. As far as doomswell mentioned on here, I would say I have not personally ridden one, but everyone loves them. The owner is very knowledgeable and ready to help anyone. I am hoping to try one soon. I don't think you could go wrong with Chaos or doomswell. Spend the money and get the right board for you, not a board for the boat. Just my advice, o ya I have a smaller wave and the ringer is super fast, I know the people who ride it at 240 220 lbs they get leg pains from having to be on the back leg breaking a lot.