Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (stxr_racer)      Join Date: Jun 2006       12-20-2016, 12:40 AM Reply   
Hey guys, having trouble landing a simple back 1.

Used to be able to do these consistently, needless to say I'm now paying the price for neglecting this trick the last few summers.

Here's a couple attempts from last weekend..

Thanks in advance for any help/ advice!
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       12-20-2016, 5:49 AM Reply   
You keep slipping out on your heels so make sure you stay over your toes on the landing
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       12-20-2016, 9:44 AM Reply   
hey dude, everyone does that at first so no stress.

I have a pretty simple way I learned

step 1
Pretty much start out with the basic ollie to blind. just spend a set doing ollie to blinds and really try to learn to just hold yourself in that wrapped position. You can start off holding yourself wrapped with both hands, but gradually try to stay wrapped with only one hand and just coast like that as long as possible.

step 2
ride an ultra short rope, say maybe 50 feet. now since the wakes are so narrow, it will practically be an ollie to blind wake to wake. You can pretty much absorb your pop since you dont have as much distance to travel and it will make the blind landings much easier. Do that until you are comfortable.

step 3
put your rope to normal length. do your normal pop wake to wake once. and now just do the trick you should get it pretty quick.

give it a try
Old     (razorjaw)      Join Date: Jan 2003 Location: Australia       01-11-2017, 5:01 PM Reply   
Definitely what the other guys said. One other thing, try one with an early handle pass instead of late/landing cuffed. You'll get a better feel for the landing and get your confidence up, then gradually spin later
Old     (JJwake)      Join Date: May 2014       01-12-2017, 10:22 AM Reply   
Can you do those from the inside of the wake out?

Your over-rotating.

If you think about the position your board is taking off from the wake to 180, you should NOT be landing with the board perpendicular with the wake. You are currently landing with the board perpendicular so you are really doing a 200ish degree rotation.

Practice inside out back 1s where you land and continue a cut out into the flatts.
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       01-12-2017, 2:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnarslayer View Post
hey dude, everyone does that at first so no stress.
I'm another one who has similar trouble on getting my back 1's consistent so I'm excited to try out the step's you listed JB. But I had a question in the two videos there is one big distinction(in my opinion) in his attempts. The first one he commits to passing the handle as opposed to landing blind. In the second he is spotting the landing so long that he is still looking over his left shoulder,1 ft above the water with the board almost in landing position.

I've heard you should be looking towards the shore and judging when the landing is coming as opposed to looking at your feet or wake. When I focus on that I tend to not be ready for the landing and bounce or get pulled back over my heels.

What did you find was more helpful?
Attached Images