Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (shredingmonkey)      Join Date: Apr 2015       04-23-2015, 12:07 PM Reply   
Hello guys,

This season i started to cable wakeboard so im quite new to it. I had an insanely fast progression and learned some basic tricks. So now im wondering what can I do next ? I already can do raley, backroll, backroll to rever, raley to blind, s-bend , s-bend to blind, backroll on kicker, tantrum, 360 fs bs, scarecrow. Im out of new tricks I tried several times 313 and backmobe but the handle was so damn tight i cant pass it maybe its not the time to do such a hard tricks. Im thinking of trying moby dick or whirlybird. So maybe you have some suggestions what can i learn next ?

Ty in advance
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-23-2015, 4:23 PM Reply   
Are most of these air tricks?
As far as what's next I would say focus on the kicker and lean to spin, lots of spins and learn to grab them in different ways.

We're you a boat rider before? Pretty impressive if you learned all that in a year. If your total wakeboarding experience is this one year cable riding I would urge you to make sure your fundamentals are solid (not saying they're not already, and don't mean to offend... but your post indicates a very short riding history and a fairly technical bag of tricks). You can differentiate your riding more with solidly and uniquely grabbed 3s and 5s than you can with any S to blind no matter how it looks.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-23-2015, 4:24 PM Reply   
I see this is your first post, welcome to WakeWorld
Old     (shredingmonkey)      Join Date: Apr 2015       04-24-2015, 2:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyost View Post
Are most of these air tricks?
As far as what's next I would say focus on the kicker and lean to spin, lots of spins and learn to grab them in different ways.

We're you a boat rider before? Pretty impressive if you learned all that in a year. If your total wakeboarding experience is this one year cable riding I would urge you to make sure your fundamentals are solid (not saying they're not already, and don't mean to offend... but your post indicates a very short riding history and a fairly technical bag of tricks). You can differentiate your riding more with solidly and uniquely grabbed 3s and 5s than you can with any S to blind no matter how it looks.
Dustin hey dude thanks for your help. I never was an extreme sports guy, just had few friends who was in to kitesurfing and wakeboarding and they taught me those tricks, yeah almost all my hard tricks is basicaly an air tricks. They were also impressed with my progression but i think its all because i dont have fear to get scorpions and to crash hardly . Thanks again for your help I will try to post my videos up here when I learn something new. What about backmobe? Maybe you know how to relieve the tension? I ride only on 2.0 system so its fairly hard to get air under the cable. But when I edge hard the handle is to tight that i barely can keep the handle near my hip.

Last edited by shredingmonkey; 04-24-2015 at 2:53 AM. Reason: mistake