Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-09-2015, 12:38 PM Reply   
Has anyone had their upholstery start to peel like this? This is on a 2006 Malibu VLX. Any recommendations on how to avoid this from occurring in other parts? The shop said that it was a result of them scrubbing it during a detail, but not sure if they were cleaning it with a wire brush or what.
Attached Images

Old     (AndrewP)      Join Date: Jul 2010       04-09-2015, 2:03 PM Reply   
It could have been spray dyed at some point. Vinyl repair companies will spray vinyl dye over their repairs.
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       04-09-2015, 2:32 PM Reply   
I almost wonder if someone used a Magic Eraser to get a stain out and it took off the protective UV coating on the vinyl. I would think the color change would be opposite of what you have though. (white vinyl with darker spots)
Old     (hawk22)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-09-2015, 3:48 PM Reply   
Ya looks like some vinyl repair was done. I had a few small areas repaired on my boat. After some scrubs the paint they used will wear thru
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-09-2015, 5:31 PM Reply   
Yeah I don't think the detailer did the damage... Looks like failing vinyl or a cover up from previous that's been soiled...
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-10-2015, 4:50 AM Reply   
I can tell you I've used the cheap vinyl color spray before on some outdoor furniture and it peeled just like that.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       04-10-2015, 7:06 AM Reply   
Maybe the prior owner had some Vinyl repair that he failed to mention. He classified it as having new interior put in. Looks like i will have to be investing in some repair as well.

Last edited by TC_Mastercraf_X5; 04-10-2015 at 7:06 AM. Reason: missing word
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-10-2015, 7:53 AM Reply   
Yeah, my question was going to be if you are the first owner. You just answered you bought it used. Will just about guarantee someone had a vinyl repair where they redyed the vinyl in the past. I have never seen it hold up real well on boats. It does better in a car environment.