Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-03-2015, 8:08 PM Reply   
Hey guys!

Have a 2010 mastercraft x-star and took her out for the first time this season and filled her all the way up, but the fuel gauge says empty. We are semi-savvy with mechanical work, we have replaced the fuel pump and so we pulled it to make sure everything was ok. Everything seems fine, boat runs amazing, just this annoying fact that I have no idea how much fuel I have. If you could shoot me some ideas as to what it could be and how to repair it, I would greatly appreciate it!
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-03-2015, 8:11 PM Reply   
I think you may have a sending unit on top of the tank that has small phillips screws on top to adjust the empty and full settings.
Old     (SS_Hooke102)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-03-2015, 8:36 PM Reply   
I will check into it, thanks!
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       04-05-2015, 5:36 AM Reply   
I had a ground loose from the sender when mine did this
Old     (jarodag99)      Join Date: Mar 2015       04-08-2015, 5:44 PM Reply   
Sending unit on top of tank or a stuck float on the unit in the tank probably. If you can get to the top of the tank, it's easy to pull out - probably 4-6 small bolts/screws as brainrinse said. Plug and play
Old     (Scotty)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-08-2015, 6:04 PM Reply   
Mastercraft uses Centroid sending units. Pull yours out to get the model # or check with Mastercraft parts dept. Call Mary at Centroid 386-423-3574. She is great help and their tech dept can coach you through the install and wiring to check your unit. I replaced mine and it has worked fine since. Unfortunately, mine was stuck at 3/4 tank so I ran out at Lake Powell.