Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-02-2017, 6:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
So you are conceding that the Obama stuff was all politically motivated trumped up (gawd that's not gonna get old) BS too? or that you really WERE worried he was making bombs in the WH basement?
There are some major differences here to note.

None of the so called "racists" /"white supremacists" that the left is labeling have ever had membership or socialized with members of a white supremacist group. Obama on the other hand has direct links to , was bankrolled at one point by, and socialized with members of those activist groups.

The labels put on Sessions , Bannon, and Flynn are completely made up bs. The left is using single statements to try and label them. They are using the fact that a activist group supports an individual based on their beliefs and political views to say that automatically makes this politician a member of their group. They are using the fact some of these members appointed by Trump have similar views on certain civil rights groups as these activist groups and twisting that to mean they support these activist groups. It's complete made up crap. Different groups in society share same beliefs in certain scenarios. It's doesn't mean you support said group or condone what they stand for. However the left would like to make that argument and is at the moment. It's craziness . THERE IS NOT one shred of evidence linking any of these appointees to being a member of , socializing with, attending any function of , or supporting any white supremacist group/s. The same can't be said for Obama .

So to answer your question , No they are not the same bs. Obama had direct links and should have never been allowed past a local government position. ( should't have been alllowed any political position, but hey it's Chicago) . He should have been disqualified and torn apart for the circles and groups he socialized with when he got his senate position let alone ran for President. Amazing how quickly that stuff was buried and dismissed by the media at that time.

Can anyone point to any direct link that Sessions, Bannon , or Flynn have to any activist group aside from some views that "line up with" supremist groups? The left is simply twisting worlds here and throwing labels around like crazy, and uneducated morons who can't think for themselves are eating it up . The left loves using "white hate" to create hysteria . It's absolutely sickening. I can't believe this stuff even gets traction.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-02-2017, 6:48 PM Reply   
Here's another good one for you G

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JaC1-U8LIY0
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-02-2017, 7:51 PM Reply   
Here's what the majority of women in this country think:

https://youtu.be/3fW5Ee4Of1g
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-02-2017, 10:54 PM Reply   
I wish Trump had addressed the nation on his travel restrictions.

The 7 countries were on Obama's danger list.
The 7 countries are hot beds for terror that do not have adequate vetting information available.
Saudi Arabia is not included because the Saudis have proper identification and records for proper screening.
The restriction is not a Muslim ban. It is a terror ban to protect all Americans. Only 10% of the worlds Muslim population is impacted.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-03-2017, 12:16 AM Reply   
Do you think Trump is moving at this rapid pace because he wants to get it done OR do you think it is a plan to overwhelm the media?

If he does 10 things in 10 weeks the media will crap all over it for 11 weeks. But, if he does 10 things in 2 weeks, the media will crap all over it for 3 weeks.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-03-2017, 12:22 AM Reply   
It's not just the media; the idea is to cram things through as fast as possible so that normal check and balances can't function (and that any congressional input needed can occur while Sessions is still in the senate - once he becomes AG the repubs will be a man down for a while.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       02-03-2017, 12:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWakeIsReal View Post
You know whats funny, Saudi Arabia was left off the Muslim ban but you seem to think it is one of the more dangerous ones. I wonder why it was left off the ban? Maybe previous deals with the Don? You tell me.
i'm convinced you're about 19 years old tops. 20 if i'm drinking heavily and feeling generous
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-03-2017, 6:52 AM Reply   
OK the Republicans just rolled back gun checks for the severely.mentally disabled. I honestly want to know how anyone thinks this is a good idea, unless you work for a gun manufacturer.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-03-2017, 7:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
i'm convinced you're about 19 years old tops. 20 if i'm drinking heavily and feeling generous

x2
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-03-2017, 8:26 AM Reply   
The same day the Senate confirmed Rex Tillerson (ex exxon mobil ceo), the HouseGOP passed a resolution to help ExxonMobil secretly funnel money to dictators.

Way to drain the swamp guys!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-03-2017, 8:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
Do you think Trump is moving at this rapid pace because he wants to get it done OR do you think it is a plan to overwhelm the media?
He just wants to put his tiny hands on all the pussies out there and make them feel safe. Why do people object to this?

Obviously there was a huge crisis going on in America that would necessitate us taking people who legally applied and were approved to come here, planned for their future, spent their money, then treat them like dirty animals when they arrived. This is Trump's new vision of America. Make it like the ****holes we complain about. It's obvious because every time a Trump detractor complains the Trump supporters point to other ****holes as an example to follow.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-03-2017, 8:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
The labels put on Sessions , Bannon, and Flynn are completely made up bs.
Made up by their lying eyes. What kind of people would judge others by what they profess to stand for? Totally illogical.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-03-2017, 8:42 AM Reply   
Who would ever think that Trump would act with a lack of intelligence. LOL

"“Having previously served on active duty, I am highly disturbed by reports that the American President sent our troops into harm’s way without adequate intelligence or adequate ground support,” Lieu said in a statement about his letter to Defense Secretary Jim Mattis.

Lieu cited a Reuters report that suggested Trump “approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.”"
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-03-2017, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Who would ever think that Trump would act with a lack of intelligence. LOL

"“Having previously served on active duty, I am highly disturbed by reports that the American President sent our troops into harm’s way without adequate intelligence or adequate ground support,” Lieu said in a statement about his letter to Defense Secretary Jim Mattis.

Lieu cited a Reuters report that suggested Trump “approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.”"
That's odd. I don't recall hearing of any American casualties stemming from this incident. I don't recall any "war room" panels being convened . Knowing how the military works the op had the support of several other high ranking members. So one person doesn't agree with how it was handled. ...... big deal. We are supposed to treat his word like gold? Have you ever sat in an action plan briefing? Have you ever sat and attempted to devise a strike plan? Do you know how counterterrorism ops work? Do you know what the procedure is for them to make it to the President's desk?

I do however remember Obama and Killary being presented with extrodinary amounts of intel and sitting back and doing nothing while American lives were lost and endangered. You pick which is the bigger issue....,,,,,,having an outsider not involved in any of the steps of the mission plan running his mouth , or actual facts of dead Americans.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-03-2017, 9:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
That's odd. I don't recall hearing of any American casualties stemming from this incident.
That recollection is definitely odd.
Old    deltahoosier            02-03-2017, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:

If he does 10 things in 10 weeks the media will crap all over it for 11 weeks. But, if he does 10 things in 2 weeks, the media will crap all over it for 3 weeks.
I think there could be that. I almost think Trump is purposely saturating the media. In the case of the 7 news agencies that had the same headline about Trump's business dealings in regards to Obama's 7 nation list, they are making these guys put out headline after headline. These guys just love to get on a talking point and beat it to death. Look at the leftist on this discussion. How many talking points have they brought in this last two days. LOL. They can not keep momentum and all it looks like it is chicken little running around.

On the other hand, Trump has been talking about this stuff for months and he is a guy of action. so there is that.

Maybe unintended consequences wearing down the press.
Old    deltahoosier            02-03-2017, 10:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
The same day the Senate confirmed Rex Tillerson (ex exxon mobil ceo), the HouseGOP passed a resolution to help ExxonMobil secretly funnel money to dictators.

Way to drain the swamp guys!
Interesting perspective. SSSHHHHHH I have a secret to tell you........... If something is really a secret and you are talking about it in a public forum, it really is not a secret. Put the tin foil away.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-03-2017, 10:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Interesting perspective. SSSHHHHHH I have a secret to tell you........... If something is really a secret and you are talking about it in a public forum, it really is not a secret. Put the tin foil away.
Actually, up until yesterday it was against US law for Americans to bribing foreign officials. Its a law that Exxcon Mobil doesn't like. That law was just repealed. This is a matter of public record. You saying that I wear a tin foil hat when I provide links to real news articles with my statements and spend half my time on here looking up the B.S. facts that you've clearly pulled from your butt to show you how wrong you are on all of your facts is rich.

Got any data on the Bowling Green massacre.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38857216
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-03-2017, 10:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
That's odd. I don't recall hearing of any American casualties stemming from this incident.

Read a news article about this that isn't on Fox News or Briebart and you might hear about the US death, specifically William “Ryan” Owens.

Quote:
Knowing how the military works the op had the support of several other high ranking members.
Except that Trump removed the Director of National Intelligence and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and added Steve Bannon to the National Security coucil
Those are the "high ranking members" that know better.
http://fortune.com/2017/01/29/steve-...onal-security/

Quote:
I do however remember Obama and Killary being presented with extrodinary amounts of intel and sitting back and doing nothing while American lives were lost and endangered.
Back to Bengazi, again. This was investigated at length and it was determined that the Americans that died would have been dead long before help could have arrived and that Hillary and Obama did nothing wrong. Oh, by the way this kind of misinformation is exactly what the Russians are accused of doing to manipulate the election. They put out a bunch of BS propaganda like this on social media and people believed it. If you say a lie often enough it becomes the truth.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-03-2017, 11:10 AM Reply   
Trump facing a wall.... of republicans.

Sen. John Cornyn, the No. 2 Senate Republican who represents the border state of Texas, was deeply skeptical about whether a wall alone would be enough to deter immigrants from entering the country illegally. And he issued a stark warning to Trump.
"I have concerns about spending un-offset money, which adds to the debt, period," Cornyn said bluntly when asked about the wall. "I don't think we're just going to be able to solve border security with a physical barrier because people can come under, around it and through it."

"If you're going to spend that kind of money, you're going to have to show me where you're going to get that money," said Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski, a key swing vote who has already broken with Trump over his nominee for secretary of education.

In the House, Trump could also face a wall of resistance from deficit hawks like Rep. Justin Amash of Michigan.
"It looks like they're going to blow up our budget," Amash warned.

House Speaker Paul Ryan and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said last week that the cost could range from $12 billion-$15 billion, while Ryan suggested that the project may not be fully offset with spending cuts, saying the wall is "a national security priority."

Who's paying for the wall again?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/politi...ans/index.html
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-03-2017, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Who's paying for the wall again?
Wes: Here is a good Idea. How about we take the federal Money that our Fruit Cake Sanctuary City's like San Francisco, are not going to receive and apply it to the wall! That would make you Libs really go crazy I love it!!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-03-2017, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Actually, up until yesterday it was against US law for Americans to bribing foreign officials.
I'm pretty sure it's still illegal to bribe foreign officials. I thought yesterday's thing related to an SEC rule that required oil and gas drillers to disclose in their SEC filings the amounts paid to foreign governments (even if legal).
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-03-2017, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
X3
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-03-2017, 11:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Wes: Here is a good Idea. How about we take the federal Money that our Fruit Cake Sanctuary City's like San Francisco, are not going to receive and apply it to the wall! That would make you Libs really go crazy I love it!!
That is sheer genius. You win.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-03-2017, 12:13 PM Reply   
On a serious note does anyone think that spending $20 billion on a wall is a good idea?

Considering that most illegals get here by plane and the ones that walk have access to a ladder.

I thought conservatives didn't like wasting money. Someone tell me how this makes any fiscal sense at all.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-03-2017, 12:19 PM Reply   
Conservatives do NOT like wasting money. But republicans LOVE wasting money, if it's being wasted on the right things.

Here's a solution though:

http://www.the-postillon.com/2017/01...wall-ikea.html
Attached Images

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-03-2017, 12:38 PM Reply   
The wall will become a strategic fence/wall that will cost a fraction of the prices being thrown about. .
Old    deltahoosier            02-03-2017, 1:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
On a serious note does anyone think that spending $20 billion on a wall is a good idea?

Considering that most illegals get here by plane and the ones that walk have access to a ladder.

I thought conservatives didn't like wasting money. Someone tell me how this makes any fiscal sense at all.
We will see if there is a plan for a physical wall. I am not concerned about the wall. It is public policy that gets me mad. You can put up a stiff economic wall. He can put up sanctions against US businesses that hire, sanctions against states that allow public money for education and entitlements, and so on.
Old    deltahoosier            02-03-2017, 1:12 PM Reply   
Quote:

Revealed: How immigrants in America are sending $120 BILLION to their struggling families back home

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4XeuCR5Fo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The $23 BILLION sent in back to Mexico from America is just slightly high than the countries oil revenue. Let that sink in......

That is money out of our local economies.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-03-2017, 1:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
Revealed: How immigrants in America are sending $120 BILLION to their struggling families back home

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4XeuCR5Fo
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

The $23 BILLION sent in back to Mexico from America is just slightly high than the countries oil revenue. Let that sink in......

That is money out of our local economies.
Maybe but I'm pretty sure they aren't walking that money back to mexico. How does a wall change that. And the numbers that "everyone is throwing around" are the numbers that the republicans are throwing around. They might as well set fire to that money.
Old    deltahoosier            02-03-2017, 2:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Maybe but I'm pretty sure they aren't walking that money back to mexico. How does a wall change that. And the numbers that "everyone is throwing around" are the numbers that the republicans are throwing around. They might as well set fire to that money.
That is why there needs to be economic sanctions on money leaving the states. Considering we are loosing 23 billion a year alone in money leaving and using an estimated $15 billion a year in 2003 alone to support illegals in California, it would pay for itself rapidly.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-03-2017, 2:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
That is why there needs to be economic sanctions on money leaving the states. Considering we are loosing 23 billion a year alone in money leaving and using an estimated $15 billion a year in 2003 alone to support illegals in California, it would pay for itself rapidly.
You are arguing two different points, the fact that we can get the money from somewhere doesn't mean its not wasted. I don't care if the money fell out of the sky, it would still be stupid to spend it on a wall. Can you agree that building a wall is a dumb idea?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-03-2017, 2:36 PM Reply   
I'm confused. Rod your article is discussing legal immigrants, yes? I didn't see anything about illegal immigration.

Also, based on the articles numbers, we have roughly the same amount money per capita coming back in from Americans working abroad. 5b/2.4m isn't far off 110/43m

If I've misunderstood I apologize
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-03-2017, 2:47 PM Reply   
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-03-2017, 4:38 PM Reply   
Hey Grant, this one's right up your alley. Trump's son spend $100,000 of taxpayer money for a business trip for Trump org down to uruguay:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...html?tid=sm_fb
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-03-2017, 5:50 PM Reply   
Travel ban "immediate harm" sections blocked by federal judge.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/03/politi...ays/index.html
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-03-2017, 6:28 PM Reply   
Wes: trump has done more in 2 weeks then your love doll Obozo did in 8 years. You Libs are not used to people getting $hit done. Your used to red tape carbon credits, and political bureaucracy.

wes This is what happens when you elect a Successful business man and NOT a so called Comunity Organizer

Last edited by grant_west; 02-03-2017 at 6:30 PM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-03-2017, 6:36 PM Reply   
Grant, answer the question: how do you feel about the son of the president spending $100k of taxpayer money for a business trip?

For a guy who complains about people complaining about bush, you sure complain about Obama a lot.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-03-2017, 7:19 PM Reply   
It really is feeling like America is headed for a rumble.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-03-2017, 9:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Agree. Both military and economic. Get ready
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-04-2017, 5:47 AM Reply   
in remembrance of the lives lost at bowling green

https://youtu.be/-api7B5x9E0
Old     (brettw)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-04-2017, 7:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wes: trump has done more in 2 weeks then your love doll Obozo did in 8 years. You Libs are not used to people getting $hit done. Your used to red tape carbon credits, and political bureaucracy.

wes This is what happens when you elect a Successful business man and NOT a so called Comunity Organizer
What is it you think he's accomplished?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-04-2017, 7:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
True dat. Nobody can be tooled into a rumble easier than a Republican.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-04-2017, 7:59 AM Reply   
Soon he will unfurrel a banner that says "mission accomplished" ....

He has accomplished getting the attention of the judicial branch of our government.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-04-2017, 2:18 PM Reply   
Hey Grant, how do you feel about Eric Trump using $100,000 of taxpayer money for a business trip?
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2017, 3:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Hey Grant, how do you feel about Eric Trump using $100,000 of taxpayer money for a business trip?
Or the security cost of housing Milana trump in New York. Over the 4 year term $500,000,000. That's right half a billion.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-04-2017, 6:17 PM Reply   
Fact is if you dumb ass Cry baby Libra Tard Snowflakes were not so unstable they would not have to spend so much on Security.

laughing and Laughing. I'm don't give 2 $hits that your upset and your stopping your feet you LibraTards are gonna have a tough 4 years. Better go get a prescription to some anti depressants, please keep posting links and other stuff no one cares about
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-04-2017, 7:32 PM Reply   
Don't get me wrong. I'm Not happy you retards are crying. After all we are all part of the Human race and if I had to chose, I would want you retard to be happy to but you have shown unless you get a participation trophy and are coddled you riot and pretty much go nuts , and have pretty much set your minds on making a career at being counter productive so at that point I'm pretty much like F u guys and what ever you have to say. And that's when I start laughing
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-04-2017, 9:21 PM Reply   
Trump keeps it real and says the US kills people left and right just like Russia. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Old     (Shockthis)      Join Date: May 2014       02-04-2017, 10:15 PM Reply   
I can't believe,you called people retards Grant. you sir are not a nice person.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-04-2017, 10:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockthis View Post
I can't believe,you called people retards Grant. you sir are not a nice person.
+1
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-05-2017, 2:20 AM Reply   
Hey Grant, how do you feel about Eric Trump spending $100k of taxpayer money on a business trip?
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-05-2017, 6:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Hey Grant, this one's right up your alley. Trump's son spend $100,000 of taxpayer money for a business trip for Trump org down to uruguay:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...html?tid=sm_fb
Did you read your own link- this has and will always be a soapbox topic for whichever party is not in the White House. Elephants and jackasses have used or abused the privilege for a 100 years depending on how you side with the policy.

"Immediate family members of presidents have for decades been guaranteed taxpayer-funded safeguards, and their safety is paramount to national security, especially as they travel to foreign and potentially dangerous hot spots.

In 1917, Congress first authorized the then-Secret Service Division of the U.S. Treasury Department to protect the immediate family of the president. In 1984, a statute extended that protection for other key individuals, including the immediate family of the vice president."
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-05-2017, 9:06 AM Reply   
Nice to see the court stand up to our Republican Idiot "so called" President.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-05-2017, 10:14 AM Reply   
I did - looks like you missed the point.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-05-2017, 10:28 AM Reply   
Sorry browser cut me off.

I did - looks like you missed the point. Did you see grant's prior posts? There are plenty more where hat came from. Wigging out constantly about the Obamas flying on AF1 (along with many others here and elsewhere) - not a peep about trips like this or the millions being spent every week for melania to live in NY instead of the White House. Protection costs money no matter who is elected, but it's only a problem if it's Obama lol.

As Grant said above - waste is waste right? I guess he can't be expected to agree with himself.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-05-2017, 1:32 PM Reply   
Trump...Wait a minute... I'm not a dictator?
https://kids.usa.gov/three-branches-...nt/index.shtml
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-05-2017, 2:39 PM Reply   
Welcome to checks and balances, Trumpkin. Poor guy. The way he whines and cries about it on twitter, maybe Mark should save up that playdoh and send it to the white house.

Seriously though, what kind of piece of garbage tweets out "so-called judge" (about a Bush appointee no less lol). Absolutely no respect for the balance of power.
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-05-2017, 6:04 PM Reply   
Anyone else worried about Trump's character assessment of Putin?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-05-2017, 7:12 PM Reply   
Dane, how do you feel about the separation of church and state?

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/0...m.facebook.com
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-05-2017, 11:51 PM Reply   
[QUOTE=pesos;1953066]Welcome to checks and balances, Trumpkin. Poor guy. The way he whines and cries about it on twitter, maybe Mark should save up that playdoh and send it to the white house.

Did you run out again??? Geez, I sent you a whole CASE!
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-06-2017, 7:58 AM Reply   
China is putting $364 billion into renewable energy.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-te...-solar-energy/

Now not only do they own Manufacturing for the world, they will now own the future as well.
Meanwhile our government is trying to cling to the past. Sad.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-06-2017, 9:48 AM Reply   
I love this guy. Genius
Attached Images

Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-06-2017, 10:09 AM Reply   
The people calling everyone "snowflakes" have been deeply offended by a Broadway show, a coffee shop, SNL, a Star Wars movie, and a beer ad.

Maybe they should read a book every now and then and learn what behaviors should worry them
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-06-2017, 10:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I love this guy. Genius
I can't tell if your serious or being sarcastic.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-06-2017, 10:11 AM Reply   
LOL I love how the Trump admin is pointing out the similarities between the Trump victory the super bowl victory. Example Washington Post said Falcons had a 91% chance Of Victory and that was the same number CNN and NBC had Clinton winning the Election. Bla bla bla. Still laughing. But I agree with Trump. The big Media outlets are all junk. I could car less what they all have to say.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-06-2017, 10:14 AM Reply   
[QUOTE=grant_west;1953100]LOL I love how the Trump admin is pointing out the similarities between the Trump victory the super bowl victory. Example Washington Post said Falcons had a 91% chance Of Victory and that was the same number CNN and NBC had Clinton winning the Election. Bla bla bla. Still laughing. But I agree with Trump. The big Media outlets are all junk. I could care less what they all have to say. My advice. "just go to work live your life" and forget about the Next 4 years. That's what I did when Obozo won. We turns out just fine
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-06-2017, 10:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
LOL I love how the Trump admin is pointing out the similarities between the Trump victory the super bowl victory. Example Washington Post said Falcons had a 91% chance Of Victory and that was the same number CNN and NBC had Clinton winning the Election. Bla bla bla. Still laughing. But I agree with Trump. The big Media outlets are all junk. I could car less what they all have to say.
Or science! It's all bogus!

Or "so called" facts! We have alternative facts!

Or negative polls! We have real polls!

Or farts! Ours smell GREAT!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-06-2017, 10:15 AM Reply   
Grant, that's understandable. The strange part is that you also appear to not care about what *you* have to say. What a hypocrite! Sad. Or has something changed in the weeks that have passed since your other posts? Is waste no longer waste?
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-06-2017, 11:06 AM Reply   
It bothers me that liberals got so bent over the "alternative facts" statement. Political dribble.

The concept makes perfect sense if two things are viewed from different vantage points or different points in time.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-06-2017, 11:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
It bothers me that liberals got so bent over the "alternative facts" statement. Political dribble.

The concept makes perfect sense if two things are viewed from different vantage points or different points in time.
When challenged about why Sean Spicer had called his very first press briefing the day after the inauguration to falsely claim that more people attended the Trump ceremony than Obama's, Kellyanne Conway said that Spicer was presenting "alternative facts."

So in the context that the phrase was uttered, it sure seems to me to be a synonym for "demonstrable untruth," if not meeting the intent to deceive to be called a lie.

So can you please explain how the phrase "makes perfect sense?"

It bothers me that so many blithely concede that there is some alternate reality where black is white, on is off, war is peace.

Last edited by shawndoggy; 02-06-2017 at 11:25 AM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       02-06-2017, 11:47 AM Reply   
Quote:

Not that I am a screaming liberal, but where from where I come (TN), we call "alternative facts" lies. There is no "alternative" to "facts".

For the Trump administration to proclaim that there were more people at his inauguration than Obama's, is a lie. The justification to not calling it a lie is if your "different vantage point" is where you have your head crammed up your ass.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-06-2017, 12:00 PM Reply   
This has got to be one of the longest threads in ww history. It just won't end.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-06-2017, 12:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Not that I am a screaming liberal, but where from where I come (TN), we call "alternative facts" lies. There is no "alternative" to "facts".

For the Trump administration to proclaim that there were more people at his inauguration than Obama's, is a lie. The justification to not calling it a lie is if your "different vantage point" is where you have your head crammed up your ass.
Don't sell yourself short. I'd say you're pretty close. I do think it was a colossal waste of time to even talk about the number of people who showed up to the inauguration though. Who even cares how many were there (besides Trump)? I'd say many Trump supporters stayed home because they didn't want to be potential crime victims or be harassed. They're just smarter people in general.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-06-2017, 12:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scwellman View Post
This has got to be one of the longest threads in ww history. It just won't end.
Yep. I've been here almost 12 years and I can't remember one longer than this one. Maybe Grant should get a trophy. lol
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-06-2017, 12:58 PM Reply   
Trump is certainly an odd bird with regard to wanting to WIN everything and never admit FAULT. While this is annoying as hell it is also likely why his bank account is much much larger than most. Unfortunately, as president, we have to endure this off putting behavior and hope that it brings good results for the country.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-06-2017, 1:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Trump is certainly an odd bird with regard to wanting to WIN everything and never admit FAULT. While this is annoying as hell it is also likely why his bank account is much much larger than most. Unfortunately, as president, we have to endure this off putting behavior and hope that it brings good results for the country.
Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that daddy gave him a million bucks (and set him up in business with all his existing contacts).

If he'd invested that money in the market and just ridden it out he'd have more than he does today.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-06-2017, 1:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
If he'd invested that money in the market and just ridden it out he'd have more than he does today.
This is weak. This may be true or not depending on the numbers. But, his capital was working, financing his large/fancy life and employing thousands for all of those years. It is ridiculous to make these statements.

Last edited by diamonddad; 02-06-2017 at 1:40 PM. Reason: .
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-06-2017, 1:36 PM Reply   
What a dimwitted journalist...

Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-06-2017, 1:51 PM Reply   
4 bankruptcies really keeps your finances working for you....Just not your creditors but hey that's business. I fully expect Trump to explore filing BK on the national debt