Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       02-18-2017, 6:08 PM Reply   
After spending time in the V215 at the boat show, I really loved the size of it. It's 700 lbs lighter than a 22v or Avalanche I'm also considering, so easier to tow through the mountains. It will also fit in my shop w/o lowering the tower each time.

I guess the real question is, just how low is the freeboard on it? Most any older boat sacked out for surfing is up to the rail it seems. I've owned a 19' DD slalom boat and just sold my 21' Sunsetter LX DD, both have had pretty low freeboards IMO.

Does anybody have any pics from the outside of how low they really are? Are they dry when sacked out?

Tige 21v sacked out.

Centurion sacked out

Last edited by parkcityxj; 02-18-2017 at 6:16 PM.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-19-2017, 4:56 AM Reply   
Make a suck gate and then sac out evenly
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-19-2017, 5:44 AM Reply   
It has less freeboard then both the boats you just posted.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       02-19-2017, 6:45 AM Reply   
That boat sits way low, I think my 02 VLX had more free board than the 215 I've been in. I've been in avy and front freeboard was fine but we had that ass end underwater too make a sick wave.
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       02-19-2017, 7:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakejunky View Post
Make a suck gate and then sac out evenly
I agree with this, one of the benefits of the suck gate is that, since you fill up both rear lockers, you have more total ballast, and create a larger surf wake.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-20-2017, 7:53 AM Reply   
I have a 05 V215. I love the boat. I upgraded to the 1100lb ballast bags in both corners for surfing. I've sacked it down to the rub rails before with no problem. Just last year I made my own suck gate. This year I am thinking about buying a Nauticurl for it. I love my V215. It tows nicely, fits in my garage, roomy interior with great storage and performs well.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-20-2017, 7:57 AM Reply   
This is from just sacking the corner with 1100lb and the front center 500 filled.

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-20-2017, 8:41 AM Reply   
stays dry as a bone. boat likes weight in the front as well. a 750 in the walkway really makes it shine. gotta know how to drive tho!!

newb friends figure it out in a few pulls. great boat. where's the slumpin thread?
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-20-2017, 9:28 AM Reply   
The reality is that it looks better and performs as well or better than any comparable boat.
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       02-20-2017, 11:48 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input. I did find the Slumpn' Sanger Thread. They do sit pretty low, but nothing I haven't dealt with in the past.

All signs are pointing to Sanger, I don't need a huge boat as my crew is only 3-4 people 85% of the time. But the point of a new boat is to be able to up that number and entertain more. My one concern is that I know that the Avy and 22v and put out better surf waves but is it worth the trade off to me for easier storing and towing. I have checked out a 2007 Avy and 2004 22v but neither but both of them were pretty beat for the asking prices. I haven't seen a used Sanger in person yet to see how they hold up.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-20-2017, 1:36 PM Reply   
mine's a 2006 (v230) with 400 hours. very solid crossing rollers, tower is silent. rough water ride is amazing, night and day from other towboats. my interior is showing some age but expected at this point.

can't wait to get it out. weather stays like it is, may be sooner than later.
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       02-20-2017, 7:30 PM Reply   
I'm kinda considering a V230 as well but I think it might be too much boat. It is actually lighter than a 22V/ Avy and has a true length of 22.7".

I've been talking to this guy but there is no opportunity to water test it and they have only run it on a hose. I have a few months to find something but would rather score a deal now than wait until spring. http://www.onlyinboards.com/2005-San...gon-62506.aspx

This looks super clean too http://www.nvboats.com/pre_owned_detail.asp?veh=4715846

All the V215s I've found online are either over priced or in much worse shape than represented. My 1995 sunsetter was in much better shape than a few I've found.

I found a good one in Canyon Lake, but the guy has been dragging his feet on getting me more info and pics.
https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/boa/5969538143.html

Last edited by parkcityxj; 02-20-2017 at 7:38 PM.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-20-2017, 7:38 PM Reply   
I have a 2006 centurion elite v and I would say it's comparable to the Sanger. 21.6feet. It has been good to us. The rough water ride is excellent and solid. I have friends with malibu and super airs that alway complain on the big lakes and in rough water. Free board can be deciving. My boat throws a decent wave with less wieght that the boats listed above also. I would think even with the rediculous prices you should be able to find one for less that 30k. I got my boat for 27k 3 years ago. Sanger is a good boat even if people wanna hate.

Last edited by gravity; 02-20-2017 at 7:42 PM.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-21-2017, 7:38 AM Reply   
I think you will find the prices getting insane on everything right now, at least here on the west coast. Nearly every single lake should be full this summer which will be driving up boat prices. I'm sure it will bring an abundant of junk to the market as well. I just bought my 05 V215 about 2 summers ago. It was showroom condition, one owner, garage kept, 97 hours, triple ballast, tower speakers, bimini, sub and amps in it. I paid $26k but with the what I am seeing come up for sale it would be more than that today. I get people asking if my boat is brand new all the time.
Old     (AdamBrewer)      Join Date: Aug 2014       02-21-2017, 8:25 AM Reply   
I'm not sure if you would consider new 237 or not, but we have a holdover 2016 at our American Fork, UT location - http://www.germainemarineutah.com/20...359&in-stock=1

Or a used 2006 V210 at our Mesa, AZ location - http://www.germainemarine.com/pre_ow...sp?veh=4812371
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-21-2017, 12:12 PM Reply   
RPM you stole that thing. I didnt' think about lake levels affecting sale prices in west but that makes a lot of sense
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-21-2017, 12:59 PM Reply   
Yeah Nacho, I thought I did pretty good. I bought it less than 24 hours after it went up for sale and he already had another full price offer. Fortunately for me, I was paying cash and didn't need to work in financing and got the boat. I looked at quite a few V215's before buying this and there were some seriously beat boats out there.

Water levels always seem to affect used boat prices here in California. Severe drought years are good times to buy. This would probably be one of the worst times to be trying to get a good deal on a used boat here in Cali. Not saying it can't be done but Cali is seeing lake levels across the board right now that haven't been seen in a decade or more.
Old    dreamboat1            02-21-2017, 2:43 PM Reply   
After the winter we have been having here in Washington state I would expect this coming boating season to be jammed pack lots of boat sales probably have been going on im sure oregon be the same way. https://spokane.craigslist.org/bod/6005272223.html This is pretty good deal here!
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       02-21-2017, 4:31 PM Reply   
^^ How on earth do you tell if that's a good deal? They don't give you the actual price, only talk about financing so you have to work backwards to figure out what price they're talking about. They also don't list all the options on the boat but they do call out that it's shown with an optional package but don't list what those options are, either. And of course Sanger's web site is no help at all (they don't list packages by name, certainly not a name matching the package that dealer lists). If you take their financing and terms and take their 20 years to pay for it you're going to pay over $104,000 for that Sanger.
Old    dreamboat1            02-21-2017, 4:38 PM Reply   
Well I have seen that boat in person and it has good options on it I can't recall what they were asking for it but they had it knocked down a good 20 grand plus off its original price it's the last 2016 they have it's a beautiful boat so that's how on earth I would figure that a good deal. Who pays 20 years on a boat anyway that's crazy!
Old    dreamboat1            02-21-2017, 4:44 PM Reply   
Their asking 65k I would say that's a pretty good deal for that
Old     (SurfBoard)      Join Date: Mar 2015       02-21-2017, 5:28 PM Reply   
That slumped, do you think that motor is looking for oil somewhere?
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       02-21-2017, 6:47 PM Reply   
We almost bought a left over 2016 V215 at the boat show for $50k but decided to not take on the debt. I'm ok spending 20K less on the same thing minus some bells and whistles without updated graphics. That does bring up another concern, I just sold my Malibu in less than 2 weeks in Utah during winter. All the used Sangers on dealer lots have been sitting for months, some I've seen for over 6 months. The dealers don't seem to be budging on prices at the least the ones I've talked to. However, I have seen a few private party ones come and go. I do plan on keeping my next boat for 4-5 years, but it'd be nice to know that I can unload it in a timely fashion if needed.

Last edited by parkcityxj; 02-21-2017 at 6:52 PM. Reason: typo
Old    dreamboat1            02-21-2017, 7:59 PM Reply   
I've watched malibus, centurion, correct craft etc sit on dealer lots for over 6 months too. Just all depends on time and place I find a lot of dealers don't like budging
Old     (parkcityxj)      Join Date: Mar 2001       02-21-2017, 8:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamboat1 View Post
I've watched malibus, centurion, correct craft etc sit on dealer lots for over 6 months too. Just all depends on time and place I find a lot of dealers don't like budging
True. I've only been focused on the Sangers the past 6 months or so. Anything can sit for a while.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-26-2017, 8:47 PM Reply   
50k for a 2016 V215...That sounds like a deal.