Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (2004gravitygames)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-15-2017, 4:35 PM Reply   
Fixing to move into a house that has a 8' Garage door. I am worried that my Supra will not fit does anyone have any input about clearance issues ? I measured the boat and the top of the Garage it will be really close like maybe less than 1". I have never dropped the tower wouldn't even begin to know how do I remove the Z5 before dropping the tower ? Sorry for the ignorant questions Wake World is my life line for Wake boat info !

Boat : 2008 Supra 24SSV Worlds Edition / Boat mate trailer 18" wheels
Old     (SurfBoard)      Join Date: Mar 2015       02-15-2017, 5:28 PM Reply   
My 2007 SSV does not fit with the Rad-A-Cage Tower flipped down.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-16-2017, 6:53 AM Reply   
I doubt there is a wakeboat that exists that I couldn't get under a 8 foot door. Less than an inch clearance....you will clear by a mile. My tower has negative clearance and will dig a slight line in the garage door if I don't fill it up with fuel before the end of the day. Does't hurt anything though.

So you've determined it will clear by 1 inch...so it fits already. Depending on the boat you could come up with another 6-8 inches if you had to. I had to knock my boat down 6 inches to get it to clear, though not all of it was pretty. Various ways to do that.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-16-2017, 7:41 AM Reply   
I have that boat and I'm pretty sure the windshield doesn't even fit under a 8' door. I have never tried though because you need a garage that is like 27' long or more to fit it. I'll look at it this afternoon.

Last edited by jonblarc7; 02-16-2017 at 7:42 AM. Reason: wrong
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-16-2017, 8:26 AM Reply   
I would think a Supra with the tower up 8 foot would be real close.
If it's real close and you don't want to be folding the tower all the time you could go with a lower profile tire to drop your setup a few inches.
Old     (2004gravitygames)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-16-2017, 8:57 AM Reply   
I appreciate all of your feedback let me be a little more clear on the tower. I measured the front pivot point where the tower folds but haven't actually folded it down yet
to see how far it will go down as far as length I am good we are building a custom home and the length of the garage is 29'. I guess I will find out in a couple weeks when we move in. Any input on the Z5 ? does it stay or do I take down ?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-16-2017, 10:13 AM Reply   
I don't have a Z5 on mine so I'm no help there.
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       02-16-2017, 11:43 AM Reply   
If you are building a custom home why not raise the door opening 6 or so inches? Seems like the easiest route.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-16-2017, 12:39 PM Reply   
It will fit in an 8' garage. You will need to fold the tower down and most likely take off the Z5 each time unless you get creative with the mounting of the z5 clamps to allow it to fold with the tower and just on one of the legs.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-16-2017, 12:41 PM Reply   
It is probably right at 10' or 10'4" if you leave the tower up. If building a custom home you should make one of the bay doors bigger. Will be a huge plus for you and potentially the next owner.
Old     (2004gravitygames)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-16-2017, 1:11 PM Reply   
I am ok with taking the Z5 off as long as I can store my boat in the garage. We wanted a taller door but the HOA has strict ARB's and 8' door is the max in the hood.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-16-2017, 7:37 PM Reply   
Well, putting the tower down should be really easy. Not going to fit with the tower up. Dropping the nose will usually drop you a bit depending on the position of the highest point of the boat vs the axle.

Low profile tires aren't made in trailer tries as far as I know, so you'd have to use a car tire, which is not ideal. Smaller rims will gain you, but only 1/2 inch per reduced rim size. I had to deflate and inflate my tires each time in the garage, but I set it up so I could control the pressure of all 4 tires while the trailer was rolling slowly and could refill all from one inflation point. Takes about 5 minutes to drop 4 65psi trailer tires down to 5psi and then get them back up to 65psi. Did that dozens of times this summer. Takes me longer to put on the cover if I left it outside.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-16-2017, 11:21 PM Reply   
If you are ok with taking the Z5 off each time or adjusting where it is on the tower you will be fine with an 8' door. No worries. PM me if you have question about moving the Z5 brackets on the tower to potentially achieve leaving it on each time PM me and I can explain what I mean.
If you had a 7' door you would need to start talking about all these small adjustments that people are discussing above...
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-17-2017, 5:51 AM Reply   
I'm with Diggs I measured my 24 last night and It will fit. I didn't drop the tower but it does look like it will fit.
Old     (2004gravitygames)      Join Date: Mar 2011       02-18-2017, 4:42 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the help we went out there today and the garage door is installed. Once we move in the house in the next couple weeks I will see if it will
fit and take a couple pics.