Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       01-19-2017, 3:06 PM Reply   
Anyone want to chime in on this budget comparo:

2017's
Moomba Mojo/Supreme S238/Axis T23/Sanger 237

I tend to like the Supreme in this one, with the Axis coming in a close second. Fit and finish I like the Sanger (but I own one v210). Moomba Auto Wake might push it to the top but I don't know anyone personally who's tried it. Is it the game changer?

Discuss.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-19-2017, 6:52 PM Reply   
I have a better idea,

Let's compare the size of our dongs and see whose is biggest.

I'll get this started now since that's what this thread will ultimately be about.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-19-2017, 7:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplej View Post
I have a better idea,

I'll get this started now since that's what this thread will ultimately be about.
I'll spot you a 2" lead and I've still got you beat. Lol
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-19-2017, 7:20 PM Reply   
Is there really anything new out for 2017? Any new innovation?
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       01-19-2017, 7:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Is there really anything new out for 2017? Any new innovation?

All I've seen is Auto Wake from Moomba & Supra.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-19-2017, 10:01 PM Reply   
I will say MC has rang in the new year with some special "incentive pricing" for a a limited time on the NXT and Prostar boats.

This is a a first for nationally advertised boat sale promotions. Boats come with the usual essentials in a nice package deal. Hard to argue with the NXT 22 price there. Obviously plus tax, title , freight and prep

http://www.mastercraft.com/wintersales

Prostar - $59,995

NTX 20 - $59,995

NXT Global - $62,995

NXT 22 - $66,995
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       01-19-2017, 10:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
I will say MC has rang in the new year with some special "incentive pricing" for a a limited time on the NXT and Prostar boats.

This is a a first for nationally advertised boat sale promotions. Boats come with the usual essentials in a nice package deal. Hard to argue with the NXT 22 price there. Obviously plus tax, title , freight and prep

http://www.mastercraft.com/wintersales

Prostar - $59,995

NTX 20 - $59,995

NXT Global - $62,995

NXT 22 - $66,995

I was going to make a joke "+trailer + tower" etc haha but then I read the details & it's actually a really great deal for a 22 Mastercraft

Still cracks me up when NXT first came out.....
50k All Day!!!! Haha
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-20-2017, 12:29 AM Reply   
Trust me I am the first one to call bs on that crap. This is the first legit "deal" in a long while that lots of people in the market for a new rig can jump on. All the right essentials .

Curious how the "special incentive pricing " may effect resale long/short term. Could it possibly be something we see more mfg's turn to. I know boat show deals have been around for while. Lots of "free options " to negotiate , but this basically is leveling the playing field for the moment on dealer mark up and inflated MSRP's that some dealers tag on their boats in certain areas .
Old     (Summer225)      Join Date: Apr 2016       01-20-2017, 4:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
I have a better idea,

Lmao yeah! Get that going boys......that's funny
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-20-2017, 7:42 AM Reply   
What's the biggest engine option for the NXT 22????
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       01-20-2017, 9:06 AM Reply   
Maybe we should compare labia as well, simple might take that one with too much ease tho.
In all seriousness every thread is dedicated to G23 vs LSV vs etc etc I'm looking for real workd experiencs/conjecture and opinion on boats that I might consider as move up/second boats if going new. I get that you might be able to get a SAN230 for T23 money but warranty and dealership can play a role as we've all been told. The NXT is looking like a smoking deal, but from pictures that doesn't look as comfortable as others. I know my Sanger is as comfortable to be in as a Malibu from personal experience.

sooo. anyone going to the boat shows wanna click some pics and boat show deals available on the aforementioned boats? I cant make our local boat show this year due to a hockey tournament.
Old     (That_Guy)      Join Date: Aug 2015 Location: Central Ohio       01-20-2017, 12:26 PM Reply   
I agree the MC pricing looks decent until you realize it's a 98" beam. Plus the lines are aren't the nicest IMO
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-21-2017, 4:13 AM Reply   
Well this thread went to ****, thought we were gonna measure dicks.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-21-2017, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I'll spot you a 2" lead and I've still got you beat. Lol
doesn't matter.

Mine has a wider beam and everyone knows thats what makes it feel bigger and better for riding.
Old    dreamboat1            01-21-2017, 4:11 PM Reply   
I was going to hit up the Seattle boat show this year may be able to get some good pics? Funny thing what Brett lee was saying about when the NXT's first came out about being 50k all day I remember that, that was a hoot. Those were the first I started looking at before I purchased my boat last season and was like where is this 50k? Most affordable wake boat deal hah yeah right !
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       01-23-2017, 9:56 AM Reply   
"It ain't the size of the boat, but the motion in the ocean"

- Every sketchy highschool football coach since 1983

But let's not let the irony of that quote be missed considering the topic. A 98" beam boat requires less ballast to build a decent wake both surf and wakeboard, ala Nautique 210
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-23-2017, 10:16 AM Reply   
Correct.

You'll also have to deal with an inherently steeper and washier wake as a result of the narrower beam boat on a v hulled boat.
Old     (80AM)      Join Date: Apr 2016       01-23-2017, 1:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_Guy View Post
I agree the MC pricing looks decent until you realize it's a 98" beam. Plus the lines are aren't the nicest IMO
The interior measurements vinyl to vinyl on the inside are the largest of any boat Mastercraft makes however...so it's not as small as you might think.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-23-2017, 1:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Correct.

You'll also have to deal with an inherently steeper and washier wake as a result of the narrower beam boat on a v hulled boat.
They probably should have gone narrower then...... If anything, the NXT 22 wake could be a little steeper. The wake on that boat is very Malibu-ish. Super clean at any speed, Long clean transition, and likes a bit of extra weight to really pump it up.

Definitely can't be classified as steep.

I wasn't crazy about the wake performance on the NXT20, however, the NXT22 is an all around great performer for the $$. Excellent "out of the box" wake and surf wave for a budget boat.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       01-23-2017, 2:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80AM View Post
The interior measurements vinyl to vinyl on the inside are the largest of any boat Mastercraft makes however...so it's not as small as you might think.
You have to point out, though, that the interior space comes at the expense of having cup holders located in normal places. having a few cup holders on the floor isn't exactly ideal for a day on the water.
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       01-23-2017, 2:40 PM Reply   
I've been watching product walk-throughs for a couple days now, just dreaming of being on the water. All the innovations and they still don't engineer an anchor pocket or sell a boat with a custom anchor option. It's a bit nitpicky and I imagine the response will be to the tune of " who anchors anyways, etc. etc." but these builders have seemingly thought of every damn conceivable option you can imagine and on not a single build do I see anchor options. Just pointing it out. Especially the so called family targeted budget boats. Any opinions?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-23-2017, 3:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
I've been watching product walk-throughs for a couple days now, just dreaming of being on the water. All the innovations and they still don't engineer an anchor pocket or sell a boat with a custom anchor option. It's a bit nitpicky and I imagine the response will be to the tune of " who anchors anyways, etc. etc." but these builders have seemingly thought of every damn conceivable option you can imagine and on not a single build do I see anchor options. Just pointing it out. Especially the so called family targeted budget boats. Any opinions?
When I want to anchor, I just store it under my bow cushion.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-23-2017, 5:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixable View Post
They probably should have gone narrower then...... If anything, the NXT 22 wake could be a little steeper. The wake on that boat is very Malibu-ish. Super clean at any speed, Long clean transition, and likes a bit of extra weight to really pump it up.

Definitely can't be classified as steep.

I wasn't crazy about the wake performance on the NXT20, however, the NXT22 is an all around great performer for the $$. Excellent "out of the box" wake and surf wave for a budget boat.
Did they go back to a flat hull like the old stars???

If so thank god. All the v hulled mc's put out a wakeboard wake that is "meh"
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       01-23-2017, 8:19 PM Reply   
The 238 is a killer surf boat. Personally I think it's the best price point boat.
Old     (Summer225)      Join Date: Apr 2016       01-24-2017, 2:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
"It ain't the size of the boat, but the motion in the ocean
Oh but size does matter....... In boats of course
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-24-2017, 7:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Did they go back to a flat hull like the old stars???

If so thank god. All the v hulled mc's put out a wakeboard wake that is "meh"

Transom is not flat and narrowed like the XStar, it's a very slight curve over the full width. Similar to what you see on the average Malibu, or the XT21, XT23, X30, X46 MCs. It's not A heavy curve/deep v, like the X20, X25, X23...

MC does still have plenty of models with excellent, clean, easy wakes, with a long transition. But they definitely have a couple that are steeper and not clean at low speeds. That said, they are clean at speeds in which a rider is actually skilled enough to take advantage of a clean wake.

Although, like you, I am not crazy about steep wakes. I used to love the wake on my old X25. Steeper with great pop, and didn't have to load the boat up. It hasn't been but a few years, and my knees just don't like it anymore. Plus, I don't have to work at all to get the air I want behind my G23.
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       01-24-2017, 8:38 AM Reply   
I'd just like to award the on-topic gold star to Shakarocks who apparently read the first post, decided "I'm not an ass" and answered the question as asked. I see a bright future for this young man.

That being said, I'm quite enthused about the schizo nature of this thread as we've bumped around any number of topics because "The winter is long and full of terrors" (misquoted I know).
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       01-24-2017, 8:55 AM Reply   
I don't always drop anchor, but when I do it looks just like this. https://youtu.be/oBcFfvmm_uI
Old     (sambo13)      Join Date: Jun 2009       01-24-2017, 11:56 AM Reply   
Of the boats you listed, the only one I have significant time in is the Axis T23. I've talked about it in a few previous posts, and I can't say enough about the quality of the wakeboard wake and surf wave. I can probably answer some of the questions you might have about the boat!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-24-2017, 12:34 PM Reply   
237 isn't a front runner?
Old     (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       01-24-2017, 12:55 PM Reply   
This thread would be better if there were some bikinis.
Old     (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       01-24-2017, 12:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakarocks View Post
The 238 is a killer surf boat. Personally I think it's the best price point boat.
Agreed.