Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-18-2014, 9:19 AM Reply   
I have never heard of matrix boats. I assume an overseas manufacturer.
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397837961.044305.jpg
Views: 2412
Size:  182.2 KB
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-18-2014, 9:24 AM Reply   
http://www.matrixskiboats.com.au/

The Australians know how to party.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-18-2014, 9:56 AM Reply   
Is there only one trailer manufacturer in Australia?
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-18-2014, 11:52 AM Reply   
I bet that trailer tows like crap. Does it look like the axels are way too far forward to anyone else.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       04-18-2014, 12:12 PM Reply   
that boat might be a direct drive. On their site that have 2 big models that look the same but one is direct and one is a v. that might have something to do with it. They probably have to keep the tongue weight low since they seem to tow with smaller vehicles down there.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       04-18-2014, 12:18 PM Reply   
That is a nice looking boat
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-18-2014, 12:46 PM Reply   
Actually love that tower. Looks like they took the MC tower and expanded on it. What do these boats run as far as USD?
Old     (Houstonshark)      Join Date: Jan 2011       04-18-2014, 1:05 PM Reply   
Mastercraft needs to steal their tower design back and use that one on the NXT. It looks awesome!
Old     (imx)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-18-2014, 10:06 PM Reply   
They are manufactured in South Australia.They do make a DD and V drive version. I have the smaller crossover model, Sorrento. They sell for between $A60000 to around 90000 Tongue weight is 10% of ATM, interestingly (and not wanting to get into a tool measuring contest) the hitches that are on trailers imported with boats privately from the U.S. (Some people don't like getting shafted by Aus dealers) are not considered safe enough over here and must be changed along with a few other mods to be ADR compliant. We have only really seen the bigger US boats come over here in the past six to eight years. I am in Perth so don't know an awful lot about the rest of Aus but here we are very limited as to where we can ride and these places are all very small. My regular spot is only about 1km x 150m right in the city and is monitored by CCTV. The other areas are not much bigger. We are seeing issues with these bigger boats and claims of bank erosion. While i would love to own one, we don't have the massive lake and river systems you guys do and can see the day coming when there will be limitations on ballast and wake size,and as far as 'party coves' for your huge sound systems, you would probably last about ten minutes before being shut down, we don't have them. As for tow vehicles, I drive a 2012 ford ranger wildtrak 3.2 five cyl turbo diesel (around $57k new ), a lot of guys use 4wds around the landcruiser/ ford ranger size - about 3 to 3500kg tow capacity. There are a few US style trucks - Tundra etc, but starting at around $120 000 and with our diesel at $1.60 per litre they aren't too popular.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-18-2014, 10:46 PM Reply   
$A90000 is ~ $84000 for those curious. That's not too bad for a good looking boat! Paul, how does that Sorrento ride?
Old     (imx)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-18-2014, 11:56 PM Reply   
Jordan, mine is a 2009 closed bow with a 330 black scorpion dd. Paid 50k for it brand new with tandem galv trailer. They are a fairly versatile boat, we bought it to give our kids the opportunity to experience what we did 30years ago. I chose it over the larger boats because I used to love barefooting and wanted something that can do it all fairly economically (for a boat). They come with two 150 litre tanks underfloor which is sufficient for a good wake. There are guys out there who slam them and can wakesurf. They do now offer an open bow version but you need to be on the ball to avoid getting the drivers feet wetl. interior they can take 8 but it gets a bit cosy with 5 or 6.
Old     (imx)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-19-2014, 12:24 AM Reply   
I will pass that on to Matrix boats, they will be grateful for your insight. An established and succesful manufacturer probably don't realise their boats tow like crap.