Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-23-2016, 1:46 PM Reply   
Hi! im looking for a new wakesurf boat right now. I have a moomba 2008 and surfing is crap haha. After LOTS of research ive stopped on 3 boats. Axis A20 2015, tigé Rzr 2014 and Supreme s21 2014. Ive test drived the A20 and love it (compare on my old moomba)i was unabble to test the surfing by myself because i was driving But i've seen the wave and look great with surfgate (compare with the wave of my moomba) im gonna test the RZR this weekend but im not sure.. I prefer the look and color of the Axis. If the surf is really better i prefer best surf over best look. supreme the only dealer near is 6hour away. And like i said if its really better than the two other i will make the run! What do you all thinks? Thanks
Old     (BLucas86)      Join Date: Apr 2016       08-23-2016, 2:07 PM Reply   
The Tige RZR throws a great wave for its size and is easy to set up. I personally think the gated waves are "soft" and you won't have to list the RZR much to have a firm wave. Definitely get back and ride the waves, as sometimes looks can be deceiving. Good luck and enjoy.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-23-2016, 2:10 PM Reply   
Yeah you're right im gonna try the wave myself on both thanks
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-23-2016, 2:17 PM Reply   
Supreme for the win it's pcm powered so finding service should be easy. I posted a link in your other thread to a loaded 15 s21 for 59k USD
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-23-2016, 3:28 PM Reply   
Yes thanks harold ive seen it but im in eastern canada and importation is so expensive with the money exchange. i already checked it was my first option import a us boat but i forget it right away. Its really sad that supreme is that rare in ontario
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       08-24-2016, 7:58 AM Reply   
The 15 axis a series provide that awesome mushroom 950 sack in front locker. Great ballast, if it has the chill ax seat, quite a tiptoe to front, so it sort of ruins the back and forth , but most don't want to sit in sun except you deprived kanucks. Put two 150's in bow instead with the 950 mushroom, 850 rears(50x20x20) and a 2419 prop if you want lots of people on top of full stock , pnp and wedge if it has the 350 or even a bigger motor. Wave actually best and very good with driver and 1passenger on the 1235 prop, load with 6 or more adults and right prop and the wave is stupid
Below is my wake without 150's but as above and driver only, put the 150's in bow on the left and regular will be just as good and longer, goofy even spread those 150's and that wave grows even longer
https://www.facebook.com/daves.wakeb...9173778179264/
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       08-24-2016, 8:10 AM Reply   
He must have been surfing with wedge up, "soft", no way. Here is the actual and real flaw in the axis wake-
When riding heal side on both sides , there is a 2 foot section just behind and above the front foam ball that when kicking the back of board and the the fins towards the wave it is soft only there and it will let you go over the falls if you don't compensate with the reverse of the slash ever so slightly getting the fins back in the wave

Last edited by granddaddy53; 08-24-2016 at 8:20 AM.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       08-24-2016, 9:52 AM Reply   
I don't have much experience with Supreme but as for the other two, I might recommend the Tige just because you are primarily surfing. Most other cases I would vote against the tige but it does surf really well.

As Brandon said, defiantly take a set before making a decision. Pay attention to the interior lay-out of the boat and how you're going to be using, how the fit and finish feel, and the general up keep of the boat.

Good luck
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-24-2016, 11:22 AM Reply   
Thanks everybody! And dave, im mostly just with my girlfriend lol.. Never 6poeple in my boat i was doing it everytime 6years ago but now with my 3year old boy im kinda lay low now haha
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       08-26-2016, 4:21 AM Reply   
Check out MB, we were between tige and supreme till I rode my MB, hands down best wave
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       08-26-2016, 4:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
Check out MB, we were between tige and supreme till I rode my MB, hands down best wave
I support this statement!
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-26-2016, 6:12 AM Reply   
Would love some pics of the mb wake supporting the stement hands down best wave. I have surfed it and was not blown away.
Old     (99Bison)      Join Date: Sep 2012       08-26-2016, 6:16 AM Reply   
Definitely test surf them, at 20' the 2014 rzr with vx is going to be very hard to beat for size and push of the wave. However maybe you like the shape of one vs the other.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-26-2016, 6:23 AM Reply   
Agree with this ^^^ lot's of good wakes ot there just comes down to what you prefer. They all put out different wakes with different shapes..
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       08-26-2016, 7:17 PM Reply   
Took these today, little windy out
Attached Images

Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       08-26-2016, 7:20 PM Reply   
I have go surf set up for a longer wave than a steep wave
Attached Images

Last edited by racer808; 08-26-2016 at 7:23 PM.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       08-26-2016, 7:25 PM Reply   
She looks photoshopped, funny
Attached Images

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-27-2016, 4:35 AM Reply   
Nice wake looks good but saying best wake is a stretch. Comes down to preference I like a wake with a defined lip yours is rounded I also like it to be clean the secondary wash line would drive me crazy. I have a surf system as well but don't use it we still run listed because I feel you get a better wake. Like I said though just comes down to what you like. Lots of fun wakes out there.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       08-27-2016, 5:50 AM Reply   
If I run it listed it is a very pretty looking wave with a nice curl and surfs good. Filling everything and using GSA makes the wave not pretty but damn there is push every where. You're right can't say it's the best but it works pretty damn well
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-27-2016, 6:33 AM Reply   
I'm the same way I have my boat dialed and prefer my wake over others but really enjoy riding other wakes. The mb wake is fun. You can't go wrong with a deep v boat and would be my choice over the axis or tige . After having a deep v boat I could never go back to a flat bottom boat. The deep v cuts through chop and has a smooth ride .
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       08-27-2016, 7:01 AM Reply   
With you on that! Surfs through chop better than flat bottom boats too.
Old     (Mike88)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-27-2016, 12:18 PM Reply   
Yeah but mb are expensive.. In eastern canada on the market for the price of a full load axis A20 2015, its about a 2012 stock mb with a ended warranty... I just tested borh 2014 and 2015 tige rzr and was really satisfied! The surf wake was great but VERY sensative, for wakeboard just crap. If i wanted a tigé i will take a 2015 with the AVX system it totally change everything. but 2015 too expensive for me and the 2014 The waranty was finish and the leather was already yellowed with the sun, not a good deal for this boat. I'll continue my search and test drove them all! Haha. The Leftover 2015 axis A20 is still my fisrt choice for now! Full 4year warranty, brand new and fully loaded.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       08-30-2016, 12:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike88 View Post
Yeah but mb are expensive.. In eastern canada on the market for the price of a full load axis A20 2015, its about a 2012 stock mb with a ended warranty... I just tested borh 2014 and 2015 tige rzr and was really satisfied! The surf wake was great but VERY sensative, for wakeboard just crap. If i wanted a tigé i will take a 2015 with the AVX system it totally change everything. but 2015 too expensive for me and the 2014 The waranty was finish and the leather was already yellowed with the sun, not a good deal for this boat. I'll continue my search and test drove them all! Haha. The Leftover 2015 axis A20 is still my fisrt choice for now! Full 4year warranty, brand new and fully loaded.
You don't get front lockers for front sacs that big past 2015 for axis and for that manner any boat for it to be in a locker and that big, still need a little supplement on front seats of the 2 150's cause we go alone me and wife as well. Brings the nose down and lengthen wave from extreme weighting in rear sacs which I prefer.

Here is your stock 800 and wedge on the a20, a fun comfortable wake, it's really a wakeskate wake, but still very wakeboard fun , this is my wife's first full month wakeboarding since retina detachment damage from wakeboard fall 6 yrs ago 1st season. She loves the axis wake for boarding, and for slalom and surface wake skating when empty .

https://www.facebook.com/daves.wakeb...7801175983191/

Below is slalom from pylon, I screwed Up and shortened the rope ten feet, you don't want s short line with this wake especially if you rip like I do, if casual to beginner intermediate it's just fine, we close all valves for slalom and start the day with it cause of passive filling.

https://www.facebook.com/daves.wakeb...6992699730705/

Last edited by granddaddy53; 08-30-2016 at 12:08 PM.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       08-30-2016, 12:28 PM Reply   
If your on an extremely busy lake with lots of boat wske/wave chop like they are in the mountains out west and you can't go early or late, this is not a lake boat for that scenario, A series 20 ft too small amount of freeboard and nose too low to deal with the when heavily weighted , water will pore in over that nose, some days when loaded I'll put the aft of boat to coming rollers to stop the swamping on my river on a busy day which we rarely have if ever.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       08-30-2016, 12:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
I thought the best MB wave is from slight listing, at least the goofy listed wave was pretty darn good
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       08-30-2016, 2:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by granddaddy53 View Post
I thought the best MB wave is from slight listing, at least the goofy listed wave was pretty darn good
Listed it puts off a very pretty looking wave & it surfs very well. The extra 1100 pounds & the GSA flattens out the lip but it adds so much push & length that you don't get with it listed. I started using a suck gate this weekend & get a listed wave with a nice lip & curl that is huge but even better/bigger with the extra weight. Needs more bow weight with the suck gate too, less with the GSA. I now have two very different & very fun waves to play with on one boat, how cool is that?. We do run listed sometimes just to save fuel & the wave is very good, just not as good as the extra stuff