Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-08-2016, 11:38 AM Reply   
Who wants one? I have one filling space along the side of my garage!
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-08-2016, 2:02 PM Reply   
Where at and do you have a photo? I can't find one using google.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-08-2016, 2:04 PM Reply   
^ me neither. and I started on an extended pylon
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-08-2016, 6:06 PM Reply   
It went on top of your tower .... I think its claim was more upward pull and the sail piece of it kept the boat from listing when the rider cut (or minimized it listing since it had way more torque being so high).

Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-08-2016, 8:39 PM Reply   
considering guys are doing double flips off the wake with just a normal height tower-that contraption is a pretty useless pain in the butt.... but i remember when they came out i thought it was an awesome idea. can't beat the price of free 99 though!
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-09-2016, 9:34 AM Reply   
Thats my old boat! We had it down to an art. One person could put it up and down.
Worked great for teaching new riders, pops you straight up out of the water.
If you ever felt like you were going to crash and burn, just a little tug on the rope and you saved yourself!
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-09-2016, 9:35 AM Reply   
hmmm... may be good for learning some new inverts...
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-10-2016, 11:57 AM Reply   
Man that thing would make docking in a breeze interesting! Wonder about the upwind performance like a sailboat.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-10-2016, 12:06 PM Reply   
Dean Lavelle used extensions for his camp at one point. Not sure he still does.
Old     (kmayotte)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-12-2016, 1:03 PM Reply   
How did you get the line on the top?

Any video of a rider pulled by one? Must be like a cable pull.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       08-13-2016, 11:29 AM Reply   
Competition barefooting uses tower extensions and scores have risen due to it. We ditched the sail. See barefoot international fly high or Super Fly High...used in barefoot jumping tricks and slalom(wakes)
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-24-2016, 12:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
Dean Lavelle used extensions for his camp at one point. Not sure he still does.
He has 2 boats with them installed. The extension not that sail shown above.
Old     (airshark360)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-24-2016, 2:00 PM Reply   
where are you at? shipping?
Old     (ptownsurf)      Join Date: Jul 2016       08-29-2016, 4:29 PM Reply   
I gave it to a local boat operator. Hopefully he can get some business with it. Put some ads up on the sail. Who knows.

I also have a Trident Remote Volume Control.
Worked great up until last season when all of a sudden, had a horrible turn on thump noise.

Spoke with a local electronic repair guy and he said from the sounds of it... will likely be a faulty capacitor.

I opened it up... and there is nothing obvious, so anyone with electronic circuit knowledge, I am guessing it is a cheap simple fix.

If you want it...hit me up with a message and some money and I will send it to you.