Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (PNWSurfer)      Join Date: May 2016       05-10-2016, 10:24 PM Reply   
Hey all...
New owner of a 2011 MB B52 23 team wide body. I'm looking for tips on ballast bags setup for increasing the size of the surf wake. What size bags to run and where to run them? Also DIY surf gate setups that work well on For this boat?

Currently running stock setup only utilizing the hard tanks, surf side full, opposing side 1/3 full and people ballast.

The wave is good, I made a ghetto gate to test the wave gate theory on an MB and it made a substantial difference, however the wave is still better with a surf side list even when running a gate.
I feel like the wave needs more push which I'm hoping will come with weight. And also you have to ride fairly close to the boat right now if you wanna ride without a rope...

Any MB owners willing to share tips on dialing in a wave would be greatly appreciated!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-11-2016, 5:33 AM Reply   
First off, to get a clean wave, the "cavitation plate" (center trim tab) is very important. Without it you will get propwash in the wave. Put one on, and even fully retracted, the listed wave will benefit substantially.

Running listed, put an 1100 in the surf-side rear locker, a bow sack up front, then fill both hard tanks. Set speed at 12. dump weight from the opposing side till the wave cleans up. voila. great long and powerful listed wave and dead simple to set up.

An alternative configuration is to use longer tube type supra gravity games sacks in the rear which will terminate somewhere under the cabin seats. I never ran this configuration, but surfresh on here is/was a strong advocate.

Never used a surf system on my 11, so can't comment there.
Old     (PNWSurfer)      Join Date: May 2016       05-12-2016, 10:31 PM Reply   
Hey Shawndogfy thanks for the tips man I really appreciate it....

I couldnt pass up a deal on a set of 650 Sumo Max's and a pump. I'm gonna start with those and see how the wave looks tomorrow.
The boat does have a cavitation plate! ����
Have you found the bow weight to make a big difference in the wave? If so what have you ran up forward that worked well?

I'm just about finished fabricating a removable wave gate that will be good for both sides, I'll post some pics soon.
It's similar to an Epic I saw with a receiver and hitch style setup that mounted up under the swim step but I've tailored it for the B52's stern.
Should be sick and really clean all powder coated black.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-13-2016, 9:34 AM Reply   
you really need to get to mbowners.com and look at the "goose slapper" threads.
Old     (PNWSurfer)      Join Date: May 2016       05-16-2016, 10:06 PM Reply   
Shawndoggy have a look at the wave get setup I made for my B52 23 over on MB owners

http://www.mbboatowners.com/index.ph...-gate-b52-v23/