Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Camronl20)      Join Date: Jun 2017       06-08-2017, 9:14 PM Reply   
I just bought an Inland Sweet Spot and I need help setting up my fins! The Sweet Spot comes with a 4 fin configuration option. It came with the Standards 9cm set of fins and I bought another set of fins (Burps 5cm). So what I need help with is where to place the fins on the board. Do the bigger fins (Standards) go on the outside fin slots towards the back of the board, and the Burps on the inside slots towards the front of the board, or does it go the other way around? Burps (smaller fins) on the outside towards the back and Stadards (bigger fins) inside towards the front? Any help would be great! Can't find any info online about this and if any, would be the difference of placing those fins in the two different options.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-09-2017, 3:47 AM Reply   
Yes big fins outside small fins inside
Old     (Camronl20)      Join Date: Jun 2017       06-09-2017, 9:31 AM Reply   
Thank you
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-09-2017, 9:39 AM Reply   
I run mine with the 9in on the outside only. It's already super fast, you really don't need the second set.
Old     (Camronl20)      Join Date: Jun 2017       06-09-2017, 10:51 AM Reply   
This is what I think I want to try at first just to see how it feels.
Attached Images

Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-09-2017, 11:49 AM Reply   
It'll be fast, stable, good for air off the lip. My inland with the big fins is VERY hard to get it to break free & spin but that probably has more to do with my lack of skill cause I see other guys do it. But I also have a skim board so I just play with both & not worry about it.
Old     (Camronl20)      Join Date: Jun 2017       06-09-2017, 12:06 PM Reply   
Ok good! That's exactly what I need! The board I'm use to using was very hard for me to surf a long time without the rope because I'm pretty sure I was too heavy for it (215lbs) and it was a skim style, so I would always end up falling too far back in the wake.. So hopefully this is the perfect match!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-09-2017, 12:28 PM Reply   
I'm 200 and I would still classify the the Sweet Spot as VERY fast for me.

With the single 9in fins on the outside, I can do 360s. The key is keep your weight over the fins for the entire spin.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       06-09-2017, 1:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardjnky4 View Post
I'm 200 and I would still classify the the Sweet Spot as VERY fast for me.

With the single 9in fins on the outside, I can do 360s. The key is keep your weight over the fins for the entire spin.
I can't even get it to break lose, every time I've tried I crash. So easy to get my skim to spin though.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-09-2017, 7:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
I can't even get it to break lose, every time I've tried I crash. So easy to get my skim to spin though.

Put your weight on your back foot, look over your back shoulder and initiate the spin by dragging your arm in the wake.