Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       01-12-2016, 2:46 PM Reply   
Looking for a new surf oriented board. Current have a Byerly Hazard (hybrid). Considering:

Ronix CARBON Power Tail
Doomswell NEO
IS Sweet Spot
IS Keenan Pro Surf
Phase 5 Race
Phase 5 Wire
Soulcraft Hunter Clement Pro
Soulcraft JS Pro

Originally thinking that extra cost would be a waste considering my skill set and I would just go with Ronix, but folks really seem to like the surf company boards.

Appreciate the advice from thread I just posted, but would also appreciate if anyone has any thoughts on this. I am 6', 195 and 54 -so my dreams of going pro in water sports in the past. My son is 21, 6'2', 170 and a natural. Intermediate at best - can free ride all day but limited tricks (we are hoping to expand). Mostly airs & slashes off the wake. Working on 360's. Would love to test them but options for that are very limited.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-12-2016, 7:10 PM Reply   
Love my 4'7'' soulcraft parabolic Honu. boards are based on weight not height so it would work well for both of you. Everyone that has been on it loves it. It will ride as hard or as mellow as you want.
Old     (Jn94defender)      Join Date: Mar 2013       01-12-2016, 8:26 PM Reply   
I asked a lot of these same questions before Doomswell. Love the NEO... It is a great board that feels incredible from the first time you step on it.

The P5 Wire rode very similar to the Neo and is also a great durable board..

I am not a pro by any means but both of these boards are great.

No experience w Soulcraft but I want to!
Old     (gator808)      Join Date: Jun 2014       01-18-2016, 6:49 AM Reply   
I love my Neo....Rides really nice. I have also been on the Chaos Sixer and its really sweet too. You can't go wrong with either of these boards.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-18-2016, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator808 View Post
I love my Neo....Rides really nice. I have also been on the Chaos Sixer and its really sweet too. You can't go wrong with either of these boards.
I have a hand shaped Chaos Bamboo Sixer and its crazy fast and fun. Two summers with it and not a single heel dent on it.
Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       01-19-2016, 9:10 AM Reply   
Thanks for the input. Down to NEO and Bamboo Sixer. Do those boards ride well switch?

Look very comparable. Like the NEO price, but the carbon rails on Sixer look like they may prevent a lot of nicks.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-19-2016, 11:17 AM Reply   
Shared stix all day if that's your choices Jeff at soulcraft and Nick at shred stixx are the two best builders in the game. Both really know what they are doing and have been at it for many many years. At the end of the day you get what you pay for.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-19-2016, 11:19 AM Reply   
Sorry forgot the name changed to chaos
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-19-2016, 12:19 PM Reply   
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

If you are thinking you like the shape of the Neo, then you might consider the Chaos Pocket Rocket or Contender. Similar shapes, ride attributes, and price. I am going to assume you mean riding revert rather than switch. No surf style boards really excels at riding revert, but some make it a little easier, the main thing is the fins on a surf style board are always going to catch at some point and bring you back around, but blunted noses tend to be a little easier for people to stall revert.

If you like the bamboo look, then a bamboo sixer is great. Sixer can also be made custom without bamboo.

You can contact me direct if you have any questions. The ultimate goal is just to get you and your son into a board that you will enjoy and progress on.

Running some preorder deals right now for spring time delivery, so it's a good time to get a board booked.

Nick

Old     (skidaddy)      Join Date: May 2008       01-20-2016, 11:35 AM Reply   
Thanks Nick. I will give you a call to discuss.

Steve
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-03-2016, 8:18 AM Reply   
Bluntnose HC Pro!