Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (rexlex01)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-21-2015, 9:04 AM Reply   
Anyone here use one of these?
http://images.etrailer.com/Merchant2...c-v211_web.mp4

Last edited by wakeworld; 02-11-2015 at 3:39 PM.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-21-2015, 4:24 PM Reply   
Pretty cool concept. They did those demos with an unloaded trailer. Would like to see that with a 23' wake boat on it. If that works then it seems like a great tool.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-22-2015, 11:22 AM Reply   
Durring the winter time I like to smash my boat/trailer right up against the wall (that extra few inches) makes a big diff in my garage. I was thinking about one of these to do the Micro adjustments of the trailer. I would take it off and store it all summer and when I wanted to break it out I could just slide it on and go for it, My question is the same as Digg's Has any one here used one of these??
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-22-2015, 11:28 AM Reply   
Grant, for that you should just got 4 wheel dollies and have freedom to slide it around. Then they can serve another purpose during other months too. Probably looking at about the same cost.
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...sAWxoCQqDw_wcB
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-22-2015, 3:42 PM Reply   
I'm on a plane so can't see the videos, but I am seriously considering a trailer valet. Google trailer valet and there is about a 5 minute video of an older man taking is boat in and out of his garage alone.
Old     (MIHokie)      Join Date: Nov 2013       01-24-2015, 7:56 AM Reply   
I have one of these on my x2 with a single axle trailer. My x2 is definitely on the upper end of the tongue weight where the trailer valet will work as the tires are at max inflation pressure and they still bulge. If you have a lip on your garage entrance...forget it. The tires can't get enough traction to make it over. In 2 years, the handle has broken off of mine and with it the brake system, and most of the bushings in the pivot mechanism are shot. It is just not quite up to handling a heavy wake boat, and I def think a 23 footer would be way too much for it. That said, I can get my boat in the garage in under 10 min (09 mc towers are not the easiest) and I can see how it is the greatest thing in the world for moving around a lighter boat. Hope this helps
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-24-2015, 10:54 AM Reply   
Diggs: I like your Idea but right now my garage floor is not super smooth. The floor needs to be ground down & polished/painted the wheels on thoes Dolly's you posted a link to need a real smooth surface to work well. But your idea is a good one. The refinishing of my garage floor is on my "to do list". I think based on MH's review that the trailer dolly is better for perficty flat and smooth aeras and with smaller boats. I think I'll just plan on saving $ for the garage floor refinishing and get some dollys
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       01-24-2015, 8:30 PM Reply   
I have one and it works well, but I'm def at the top of the weight capacity. I don't have to move it very far with it so it works. It is able to get it over a small curb, but it sounds like it is struggling. Supposedly they were going to come out with a higher capacity model end of last year. Def makes lining up the hitch 100X easier. Great product if you need it.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       02-11-2015, 3:24 PM Reply   
I have mine on the 4 (one for each tire) dolly's in the garage. Its not easy to move, but with two guys (me and my son) we can put it right where we want it in the garage. And then in the spring, move it back to align it with the door. Easy peezy. If you are moving then around a lot I could see getting one of these...
Old     (pipeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-13-2015, 2:14 PM Reply   
this one looked kinda cool...