Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (rawB)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-07-2012, 9:05 PM Reply   
Wake shape? Power? ... Reliability?
Old     (duffymahoney)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-07-2012, 9:19 PM Reply   
http://www.epicmarine.com/

They are sweet boats
Old     (samsaslow)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-07-2012, 10:06 PM Reply   
Good boat, drove great, good engine.....road one back in the day, but it was a direct drive......really a ski boat. If you want a good wake get a v-drive wake boat
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       03-08-2012, 4:51 AM Reply   
They did make the epic in a Vdrive. You just have to look very hard to find one. They are sweet boats for sure. They also require 93 octane.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-08-2012, 5:46 AM Reply   
By that **** Robbie.. They are great boats and that Lexus V8 i had in my GS430 and it was a solid, solid motor. That one on CL is clean too - good colors..
Old     (sxjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-08-2012, 9:50 AM Reply   
Great boat. i own a 2001 SX22 vdrive. Engine is bullet proof, 300 hp, you will need to reprop if it hasnt been done already. weight is not an option. my factory system is 700 lbs. and its a good starter wake. ive replumbed and have about 2200 lbs. wake is great, i would say its more peaky like a nautique. i had a direct drive and it was a rampy wake. This isnt going to ever throw a x-star, wakesetter, pro type wake. but ive had no complaints from experienced riders. The engine is really topped out with that much weight, its a little slow out of the hole but not bad. burns 1/3 less fuel than any comp boat ive been on. its a trade off but if fuel costs are an issue for you its right on.
Old     (fozz)      Join Date: Apr 2011       03-08-2012, 5:21 PM Reply   
I've got an 01 SX22 as well and love it! The engine is amazingly fuel efficient and the overall fit and finish is great. They were well before their time. I'm still running the stock prop and I've had 10 adults and factory ballast full and it will still pull a wakeboarder out of the water with reasonable ease. I'd really like to try one of the recommended ACME props though.
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-09-2012, 7:34 PM Reply   
I was in one a few years back. I don't know how much weight was in the boat, but it did groan a bit. The wake was spectacular, and capable riders were able to get as much air as anyone can get. But the point is that it still did get on plane, it was just a little slower.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       03-10-2012, 5:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fozz View Post
I've got an 01 SX22 as well and love it! The engine is amazingly fuel efficient
What is your GPH and weight? Curious how it compares to other boats and drivelines.
Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-11-2012, 7:08 PM Reply   
GPH Chart...

http://www.epicmarine.com/images/300i%20Specs1.jpg

Click on my profile to see the engine.

Last edited by lakeski; 03-11-2012 at 7:11 PM.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       03-12-2012, 7:02 PM Reply   
Great info. The thing doesn't make any torque, but the GPH is impressive. Even if we ballpark it at +1 GPH with some moderate weight that's around 5 GPH at riding speed, maybe a little under. I'm sure sacked out the GPH would be worse than a torquey engine but where most of us ride it's probably pretty good. Cool. For comparison I'm getting about 6 GPH with a carbed big block in a 23' boat with 1320 lbs.
Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-13-2012, 5:05 PM Reply   
I'm not really a spec junky, so I don't really know about torque in a spec sheet kind of way. I can tell you that the boat's got plenty of power/torque and that I've never had any complaints about it ever. In fact, most people ask for less power when getting out of the hole.

It is a great boat!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-13-2012, 5:15 PM Reply   
is yours propped 13x13 like the spec sheet? RH ('backwards" ala older nautique) prop rotation?
Old     (lakeski)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-13-2012, 5:46 PM Reply   
Here's a picture. Mine's a d-drive ski boat hull:
Attached Images