Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-01-2011, 1:31 PM Reply   
What It Is~

My crew and I are looking for some info to make the most of our trip to back to BB. I hate to say it but it has been like 5/6 years since we were last up there and just looking for a little feed back. We will be up there this Thu-Sun staying in Dark Day and looking for cool spots to ride, chill or check out ( kinda like the waterfall @ Shasta). Any of the regulards care to share the conidtions, water temp and cool coves to check out? We usually frequent delta, hogans and Pedro but also usually make 1 long trip up North to enjoy some of the finer lakes CA has to offer like Shasta / Bullards. Feel free to say whats up if you see us out there (Red Metal Flake X2 ) ~ Any info is appreciated - thanks in adv,

Aaron
LazyBoy ~
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-01-2011, 1:38 PM Reply   
It's a great lake! My advice is bring plenty of mosquito spray and sticks because the mosquitos love BB too!
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-01-2011, 3:24 PM Reply   
Water temp is 80 right now.Did my first trip this past weekend,and am going back again in 2 weeks.Loved this place!
Old     (hemihauler)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-01-2011, 4:18 PM Reply   
Just got back from BB, it was great, water is high and warm. The water falls that are there arent huge but still pretty. Only problem this weekend was all the tubbers killing the water.
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-01-2011, 5:35 PM Reply   
What's up Aaron ?
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-01-2011, 8:54 PM Reply   
Walt - Hey bro, long time no see, been way too long. I hope all is well with you? Things are great. Good job, Great family 2 boys 4yrs & 4 mos, MC has been rock solid - All Smiles Here. Been out of the scene a bit, spending my weeekends camping w/ the family - this will be our 8th trip already this year. Haven't been back to Bullard's in since 06/07 - before that it was like 2002. LOL. Wish ya nothing but the best, maybe we will cross paths and catch up in the future. Take Care =)

Rob - Any specific coves those waterfalls are flowing out of, as I said above It's been like 4/5 years and I believe we rode the east fork last time, We're here thur-sun so trying to get a chunk of the riding done before the weekend hits.

Colin / Gunz - Thanks for the 411

Thanks All ~ Much Appreciated.
Aaron

Last edited by lzyboy; 08-01-2011 at 8:57 PM.
Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-02-2011, 5:10 PM Reply   
Good to hear your doing well and still riding ! Have a great trip to BB.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-02-2011, 5:39 PM Reply   
waterfall is a little past Madrone Cove on the North Yuba arm (or the "back of the lake" as I call it). As you are heading out it's on the left right after the last set of floating toilets. It's pretty but nothing like the natural water slides at Shasta.

Water is still pretty high for this time of year. Lots of great riding in the back arm of the lake between madrone cove and the 5mph zone. Water temp was 80-81 on my boat last weekend (i.e. WARM).
Old     (rene)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-04-2011, 2:28 PM Reply   
Aaron,

Have fun Bro! How's your son doing? Is he up on a wakeboard yet?

Rene
Old     (domin8)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-04-2011, 4:29 PM Reply   
Water falls are running half way up the arm on the north side, another at the debris boom above the 5mph, and two more further up above the boom. Long ride at 5 mph but well worth it to the end. Stop to jump off the rocks also.
Lake was dropping a foot a day last week, we had to back the houseboat off twice a day. 80 deg. water was soo nice.