Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cboom12)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-10-2018, 9:33 PM Reply   
Been around boats for a long time, even worked in the industry for a short time. I’m looking at purchasing my first brand new boat. Just looking for input as far as what would be considered a fair deal on a new a24. Quoted 86k at the boat show and, that is with PW2 and most other common options.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       03-11-2018, 9:04 AM Reply   
Impossible to say without knowing the options since the boat could be MSRP $70k or $100k depending on options. Trailer options can also change pricing.
What is the total MSRP of the boat/trailer package? About 20% off on new purchase is probably about right but also depend on the area and the dealer since some do enough volume to offer larger discounts.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-11-2018, 9:05 AM Reply   
Good to see even the "budget" brand boats are creeping up on $100K now...
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       03-11-2018, 9:57 AM Reply   
As long as you all keep buying them the prices will continue.
Old     (cboom12)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-11-2018, 10:42 AM Reply   
I’m planning to order mine so I didn’t look at the build sheet for the show boat. Msrp via seedealercost.com also put me around 86k. I’m more looking to see percentage wise what is reasonable to ask for. I assume there is always room to negotiate.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       03-11-2018, 10:56 AM Reply   
They used to say 15-20% off the "premium" brands and 10-15% off the "budget" brands was a good deal. Manufacturers claimed they didn't have as much mark up in the budget brands(Moomba, Axis, Supreme, etc.). Not sure if I ever really believed that, as they were cheaper because of the inputed materials and options and not because they made them cheaper by lowering their margins.

Also keep in mind dealers won't deal nearly as much on a ordered custom boats and a floor boat. There is no incentive for them to. I wouldn't expect better than 10% off MSRP on a custom ordered Axis.