Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-03-2012, 12:53 PM Reply   
Hi everyone,

Today is a really sad day for me i was going to the marina to pick up my boat for winterize it and when i arrived at the dock i noticed that my 2008 Malibu VLX was not there. I felt immediately shocked and i asked the guy at the marina if he had to move it in any way ? He said '' no not at all i thought you came to pick it up already. '' With this answer i immediately knew that the worst happened and my boat have been robbed.

I know that this post will probably not help anything at all but anyway, if you heard anything suspicious about my 2008 Malibu VLX Red and Black loaded boat please i would appreciate your best cooperation because i loved my boat and i am really heartbroken today. Yes i was insured but anyway my boat is my boat.

The robbery happened approximately in mid - end September ( last time seen by the marina guy )
I went the last time first week of September
Boat where docked in Montreal South Shore ( Saint-Lambert )

He is a picture of EX-BOAT
Attached Images

Last edited by radikal; 11-03-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       11-03-2012, 2:26 PM Reply   
Dang man sorry about your loss but holy smokes you ain't been on your boat since the end of sept? Maybe she left you for someone that will love her more.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-03-2012, 2:57 PM Reply   
dont add insult to injrury...
Old     (Anaru)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-03-2012, 3:09 PM Reply   
Oh man I would be heart broken too! So sorry for your loss...
Old     (trentj6930)      Join Date: Oct 2007       11-03-2012, 3:57 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear about that! Good luck.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       11-03-2012, 4:35 PM Reply   
Wow, hopefully they catch the scum bag. Sorry to hear
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       11-03-2012, 6:02 PM Reply   
Was it in the water or on the trailer? I will keep watch out in Northern Vermont for ya! Shocking, sucks
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       11-03-2012, 6:12 PM Reply   
Did you blur the numbers on purpose? That could help people find it.
Old     (saceone)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-04-2012, 2:04 AM Reply   
Ben voyons donc!!!

My black 210 was docked at that marina 3 years ago, yacht club St Lambert. The place always looked sketchy but it is such an awesome city riding spot. Goodluck finding it, will keep my eyes opened in the 514

Now I love the Lachine marina even more!!
Envoyé depuis mon SGH-I747M avec Tapatalk
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       11-04-2012, 6:18 AM Reply   
one real similar on OIB right now... doubt that its it... wouldnt think the person would be that dumb

major bummer man, thats a beautiful boat
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       11-04-2012, 7:08 AM Reply   
Post the HIN and any unique identifying marks. Perhaps a buyer will notice and call the authorities. Unfortunately, with no title requirements for establishing ownership in Canada, only a bill of sale, a new buyer may not know the boat is stolen. Based on the wide window of opportunity, the boat could already be out of the country.
Old     (cobra_nuggets)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-04-2012, 5:51 PM Reply   
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=35695

Looks like same color scheme. Trailer appears different though...
Old     (augie_09)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-05-2012, 7:07 AM Reply   
Damn that sux. I am pretty sure my insurance wouldn't replace all my stuff, like gear, stereo, ballast improvements. hope yours will and hope the miscreants are brought to justice.

Was it on a lift, with no keys, and did the marina have gates going to the dock. I know these are easily bypassed but curious to what extend the thieves had to go.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       11-05-2012, 7:23 AM Reply   
Start calling the ports, most of these guys strip them down and load stuff into containers and ship over seas.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-05-2012, 8:19 AM Reply   
That does suck!!! Sorry man. Keep doing what you are doing and get the word out there on the forums so people have their eyes open. This community is actually pretty big. Good luck!
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-07-2012, 11:02 PM Reply   
Was this forsale on Autotrader.ca recently?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-07-2012, 11:04 PM Reply   
Tabernac
Old     (wakeboardnut)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-07-2012, 11:05 PM Reply   
Never mind that boat on auto trader in mtl is an 07 and slightly different scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (packrat)      Join Date: Mar 2005       11-09-2012, 2:44 PM Reply   
Here's a link to another Canadian boat that got stolen http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p...rst-week-ever/
There is a lot of truth to the fact in Canada you just need a bill of sale no title. I would however compare notes with the guy with the stolen Centurion. You never know it could be the same group of thieves. You might consider Lowjack or an Extrex GPS unit hidden in your new boat if you get one. I heard about a guy who had his Jet Ski Stolen and he had planted a GPS unit in it and the Police found the Jet Ski in several hours.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-10-2012, 11:24 PM Reply   
Guys thank you for all the support and i am really thankfull for you help. I know that we are a small community and maybe i mean maybe we might be able to find something out. As soon as i got to the office on monday i will post my Hull ID and everything so everyone will be able to keep an eye open.

Thanks again

Max
Old     (blind_pete)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-11-2012, 9:02 AM Reply   
Max, sorry to hear the bad news. When you get a chance, you should log onto WWW dot the Malibu crew.com and post the same information. There are a bunch of great guys over there that will keep an eye out for you