Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-29-2010, 1:57 PM Reply   
My boat came with a windshield mount mirror. It is solid and no vibrations but sometimes it can block some forward vision. Do the tower mirrors vibrate alot? If it helps, I have a '08 Moomba XLV

(Message edited by you_da_man on January 29, 2010)
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-29-2010, 2:35 PM Reply   
I have a dbot5 tower mirror that vibrates a little. I think if i put on the base part of my tower it may lesson the vibration but last summer I was too lazy and it wasn't all that big of a deal. Heck, I payed less then $100 for both the arm and the mirror (brand new) from an ebay dealer. Sorry, but I don't have any experience with other tower mirrors.

Moon

(Message edited by moon on January 29, 2010)
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       01-29-2010, 3:10 PM Reply   
My Monster Tower mirror is absolutly rock solid and has been a great purchase so far. Plastic collar protects tower from scratches (MUST HAVE), and quick disconnect (ditto). 5yr warranty! Hmm not sure if it works on a VLX but make sure you get right features.
Old     (scott76310)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-29-2010, 6:12 PM Reply   
I really like my monster tower mirror arm too!! I also got their adapter for the ball mount. It is solid, removable and anodized so it doesn't tarnish like a lot of the raw polished aluminum arms. Also I think the XLV has a 2 3/8 tower. My Centurion has a 2 3/8 tower and I was able to get the 2.5 insert to work. Just ad a little tape around the insert before you put the clamp around it.
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-29-2010, 6:29 PM Reply   
I love the monster tower arm! Quick disconnect is mandatory IMO.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-29-2010, 7:42 PM Reply   
we have a mirror from lightning, and ive never noticed vibrating at all.
Old     (wakebrdjay)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-29-2010, 10:55 PM Reply   
Rockin the Monster Tower arm too.I have a 2 3/8" tower also,I used 1-2 1/4" and 1-2 1/2" insert and it is rock solid.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       01-30-2010, 1:28 PM Reply   
I have the factory tower mirror on my Supra. It does not vibrate at all. I can see everything without issue when sitting in the drivers seat. My only issue is the standard flip-up driver's seat that is standard on all Supras. When I flip up the seat and sit on it the tower morror is directly in my view. I can not use the flip-up drivers seat at all. It is a really dumb setup - the mirror can not flip or pivot out of the way. Parhaps all tower mirrors are like this?

Edit - I like to use the flip up drivers set when docking to give me a better view. I can not due to the mirror.

(Message edited by tre on January 30, 2010)
Old     (newty)      Join Date: May 2005       01-30-2010, 6:10 PM Reply   
AJ just buy it! You'll love I never had any vibration problems with it.

Tre I slid my mirror up a little on the tower so when I flip up the bolster I can see under it.
Old     (fogey)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-30-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
windshield mount --> tower mount = WIN

The improvement in visibility (both forward AND to the rear) is WAY better than I ever thought it would be. No vibration. Don't know why I waited so long.

Do it. You won't be sorry.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-31-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
I had the same on my VLX, but then added the Skylon mirror arm. MUCH sturdier, and much better visibility having it on the tower arm and not on the windshield.

BTW - My mirror and arm are for a 2 3/8 tower, and for sale in the classified section. Hit me up if you have any questions.

Buzz
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-02-2010, 2:15 PM Reply   
Tre cant u move the mirror higher up on the tower? Come post some pics in the Supra forums too!
Old     (big_b_21v)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-02-2010, 2:39 PM Reply   
We have had great luck with the Samson tower mirrors. I have had one on the last 3 boats and they are great and rock solid.
Not to mention that the customer service from Samson is top notch.

http://www.samsonsports.com/wakeboard_tower_mirrors.html
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2010, 2:50 PM Reply   
I have one of the Fusion 2 joint mirror brackets. It's pretty solid, but not totally. And it's so long that fully extended it sticks out into the walkway so anyone walking up to the bow usually hits it. So I bend the joint forward & it's so far away from the driver that I can see both tower legs in it, and the rider is WAAAAAY back there. I bend the arm backward & the mirror is behind the windsheild, and I look almost straight up at it. Plus when I cover my boat, the mirror is outside in plain sight.
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       02-03-2010, 8:08 PM Reply   
my samson shifts every time i go threw my wake