Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-10-2020, 8:24 AM Reply   
anyone done it/seen it/have any thoughts vs. quartz?
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-16-2020, 6:45 AM Reply   
we did a quartz (pebble tec) and ceramic coping. I went by the recommendation of the pool guys who maintain them. I also think it depends on your region. We live in south east, saltwater pool.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-16-2020, 6:46 AM Reply   
Thanks Doug. Are you able to share rough costs? I’m getting quotes of 13-17k all in for quartz and 19k for AB
Old     (wakesk8er2)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-18-2020, 12:44 PM Reply   
Can't speak to the AquaBrite product, but it looks like it could have some good benefits.The biggest benefit I see is no exposure, startup, or cure time. Sounds like it's ready to go once the pool is filled and you can care for it as normal from day 1. I would see if you can see some pools in your area that have had it installed for a while to see how it holds up. The product is manufactured in Pennsylvania, which means a big difference regarding the amount of chemicals used to sanitize the water versus the south or west.

If you go the direction of plaster, make sure you're getting a stone aggregate, not quartz. Doug mentioned Pebble Tec, which is a popular brand. CLI is what we use and generally have good luck with it.

With any pool finish, a lot has to do with who is applying it. Make sure they aren't putting it in on a Friday or day before a big holiday and go with someone who is going to visit the pool every couple days for the first month as it cures.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-18-2020, 12:54 PM Reply   
when we built the pool we paid 757 bucks additional to standard plaster. no clue when done after the fact. sorry.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-19-2020, 2:11 AM Reply   
We are starting to dig our pool this week and will be doing a version of Quartz similar to pebble tech. We are looking aroudn $100K for pool, spac, backyard. The pool is 60K gallons so its a big pool.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-19-2020, 2:18 AM Reply   
Nice! I am leaning towards going with AB. Will report with pics and what not when the time comes.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-19-2020, 12:12 PM Reply   
here is what we did
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Rose drawing11152017.pdf (50.4 KB, 513 views)
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-19-2020, 12:14 PM Reply   
i have a ton of pics just need to dump on here. we spent our money on the outdoor living part, less on the pool. no waterfall, quality material, but no BS. but dumped into he cabana. deck. etc Pool was the cheap part
Old     (badluck)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-23-2020, 3:09 AM Reply   
I gotta ask, what are the dimensions of a 60k gal pool? It’s got to be huge. Ours is about 35k. Its about 42x22. We did pebble tec and couldn’t be happier. We used swan. They were horrible. We still have problems with a leaking skimmer. Before choosing a finish ask about the warranty. Pool companies are salesmen and typically push a product that will maximize their profits.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-09-2020, 3:11 AM Reply   
Before and after shots.

The product is pretty cool, and feels great. Not rough like pebbletec but has good grip. Roughly a 5 day process (can be more or less depending on weather and other factors). Happy with the way it came out.

Attached Images

Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-10-2020, 2:37 AM Reply   
So the pool is doing and will be doing the finish work next week. This is the color we will be going with as far as the finish. The finish is smooth but has a little texture to it, but is not rough at all.

Pool dimensions were 55'x25' roughly but is 11' deep and a very large spa.

Sooooo excited.
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-10-2020, 2:40 AM Reply   
Ahhh I would LOVE to have that depth.
Old     (scotthons)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-11-2020, 6:54 AM Reply   
That is a huge pool! We just signed the contract to put in a 15'x30' with a 7x7 raised spa. I just wish we pulled the trigger earlier.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-12-2020, 2:54 AM Reply   
Scott - that is awesome. It has been a blast designing and planning and figuring out how much tech I can put into it. I am doing the whole house automated including all exterior lighting, pool systems, sprinklers, solar, etc...