Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-10-2019, 5:46 PM Reply   
seems like a no brainer to ask if you are a citizen, on the census. i truly don't understand the opposition....unless you have a political reason

ugh
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-13-2019, 7:29 AM Reply   
The intended purpose of a census is to count the number of people living in the usa, not citizens. You are right it shouldn't be a political issue, other than we use those numbers to determine how many congressional reps each state receives ($ too). The current admin does have a political purpose. They are trying to put the question on the census (first time since the 1950's). It will penalize states with big illegal immigrant numbers. If they want to know anything else they should do sampling.
A census is often construed as the opposite of a sample as its intent is to count everyone in a population rather than a fraction.
Trump dont like California.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-13-2019, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
seems like a no brainer to ask if you are a citizen, on the census. i truly don't understand the opposition....unless you have a political reason
Well... if you go take a look at the clause of the constitution that requires the census, you'll see that it's always been fraught with "political reasons."

So yeah, right now the constitution just requires a counting of heads, not a counting of citizens. While I don't disagree that a count of non-citizens would be interesting, it's not a census worthy question. It's kinda up there with "do you own guns and if so how many and how much ammo do you have?"
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-14-2019, 7:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Well... if you go take a look at the clause of the constitution that requires the census, you'll see that it's always been fraught with "political reasons."

So yeah, right now the constitution just requires a counting of heads, not a counting of citizens. While I don't disagree that a count of non-citizens would be interesting, it's not a census worthy question. It's kinda up there with "do you own guns and if so how many and how much ammo do you have?"
It absolutely is a worthy question. Democrat areas are trying to pad their representation by using millions of illegals. Talk about foreign influence over elections and our government.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-14-2019, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
It absolutely is a worthy question. Democrat areas are trying to pad their representation by using millions of illegals. Talk about foreign influence over elections and our government.
If that's your gripe, you need to amend the constitution.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-14-2019, 9:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Give me a freaking break.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-15-2019, 5:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Give me a freaking break.
Was what I said not true? Do they or do they not give congressional seats based on population density. I'll wait for your answer.

On top of that. Why is it a bad thing to not include people who are ILLEGAL? Your favorite democrats in California are trying to raise the age of giving free healthcare to illegals. They want them on the dole until age 26 instead of 18. Yes. That is correct. They already spend our tax dollars on free healthcare for illegals in this state.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-15-2019, 7:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Do they or do they not give congressional seats based on population density. I'll wait for your answer.
Of course they do. CA should get the correct amount of representation based on its correct population. That certainly seems fair. If you do not include illegal population CA is under represented and under funded. That would be why its a "bad thing". If they are already spending your tax dollars on illegals, and you dont think its a good way to spend the money, why do you want them to have even less money to spread around?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-15-2019, 8:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Was what I said not true? Do they or do they not give congressional seats based on population density. I'll wait for your answer.

Because that’s what the constitution says. Which is why it’s not something to complain about unless you are gonna amend the constitution.

Would it be ok to ask what the serial numbers of your guns are? Would definitely be interesting to know who the members of the well regulated militia are wouldn’t it?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-15-2019, 9:14 AM Reply   
Quote:

On top of that. Why is it a bad thing to not include people who are ILLEGAL? Your favorite democrats in California are trying to raise the age of giving free healthcare to illegals. They want them on the dole until age 26 instead of 18. Yes. That is correct. They already spend our tax dollars on free healthcare for illegals in this state.
Well, you used to say, "they are trying to increase their voter base". Now it's, "they are trying to gather seats in Congress". Even if those accusations were true, how is that any worse than Republicans gerrymandering districts? I'll wait for your answer.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-15-2019, 10:12 AM Reply   
gerrymandering isn't an exclusively republican pursuit.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-15-2019, 1:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Because that’s what the constitution says. Which is why it’s not something to complain about unless you are gonna amend the constitution.

Would it be ok to ask what the serial numbers of your guns are? Would definitely be interesting to know who the members of the well regulated militia are wouldn’t it?
They already do ask for the serial numbers of out guns. The government knows all about mine. Can you show me the part in the constitution about counting non citizens? What if someone happens to be on vacation during this time from Europe. Do they get a chance to sway our representatives allotted to various states. Can they be counted?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-15-2019, 1:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well, you used to say, "they are trying to increase their voter base". Now it's, "they are trying to gather seats in Congress". Even if those accusations were true, how is that any worse than Republicans gerrymandering districts? I'll wait for your answer.
You mean like the gerrymandering they have done in California to where Republicans have zero voice in state affairs?

Both my sayings are exactly true. Increase the voter base because those 11 million reported illegals are A) voting B) if they are not voting they are having offspring that will vote democrat. Take the higher birthrate and you can have well 11 million new democrat voters. How about that swaying elections?

Trying to gather seats is another activity that is different than voters. This one is simple for the democrats to pull off. Count non citizens in the census and it shows a higher population density in democrat areas so they get allotted more representatives in the House of Representatives.

Those are pretty much two separate concepts that each are easy to understand. Of course, people like you are the ones who are benefiting from it so it does not surprise me with the feigned ignorance.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-15-2019, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:

https://www.usconstitution.net/consttop_cens.html

The Congress is also authorized to ask various questions in the census aside from the basic headcount by virtue of this clause and by virtue of the Necessary and Proper Clause.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       05-16-2019, 1:46 AM Reply   
If we don't have an accurate census of who's illegal & a national ID how will the left ever get a national gun registry going? Seems both sides could end up with what they want.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-16-2019, 6:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
If we don't have an accurate census of who's illegal & a national ID how will the left ever get a national gun registry going? Seems both sides could end up with what they want.
Reading that article, they used to ask how many were white females (vs just female). They used to ask how many were ex slaves. There is more to the census than only asking if you are "present". Asking if someone is a legal citizen should be top priority especially when California is doing all they can to cut the paper trail to who is and isn't.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-18-2019, 8:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
You mean like the gerrymandering they have done in California to where Republicans have zero voice in state affairs?

Both my sayings are exactly true. Increase the voter base because those 11 million reported illegals are A) voting B) if they are not voting they are having offspring that will vote democrat. Take the higher birthrate and you can have well 11 million new democrat voters. How about that swaying elections?

Trying to gather seats is another activity that is different than voters. This one is simple for the democrats to pull off. Count non citizens in the census and it shows a higher population density in democrat areas so they get allotted more representatives in the House of Representatives.

Those are pretty much two separate concepts that each are easy to understand. Of course, people like you are the ones who are benefiting from it so it does not surprise me with the feigned ignorance.
You are a dumbass that continues to deal in fantasies. Where is any evidence of all of the "illegal voting" you mention? Trumps handpicked commission found next to nothing.

So no, "both of your sayings are exactly" BS with a few sprinklings of truth in them. But your lies delude you truth so don't expect anyone to take you seriously save the lower-IQ voter.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-18-2019, 6:35 PM Reply   
Quote:

What gerrymandering? Lol you crack me up. Registered republicans make up 23.6% of the California voter base and you think their problem is gerrymandering lulz. Asian Americans are a large and growing voting bloc and Trump has helped turn what was a reliably republican constituency blue. Oh and old folks keep dying, which doesn’t help the gop numbers here either.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-19-2019, 12:34 PM Reply   
This Illegal seems like he would NOT wanna check the “NON US” citizen box LOL

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...nctuary-state/

I have never heard of a Dog Rapist
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-21-2019, 10:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
You are a dumbass that continues to deal in fantasies. Where is any evidence of all of the "illegal voting" you mention? Trumps handpicked commission found next to nothing.

So no, "both of your sayings are exactly" BS with a few sprinklings of truth in them. But your lies delude you truth so don't expect anyone to take you seriously save the lower-IQ voter.
So next to nothing equals nothing now? you are the math wizard aren't you? How many kids historically do Asian and Hispanic people have compared to white people? They tend to have over the typical 2.1 per couple, however 11 million ILLEGALS will have around 11 million children within a generation. Those children typically will vote for laws that favor their ILLEGAL parents.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-21-2019, 10:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
What gerrymandering? Lol you crack me up. Registered republicans make up 23.6% of the California voter base and you think their problem is gerrymandering lulz. Asian Americans are a large and growing voting bloc and Trump has helped turn what was a reliably republican constituency blue. Oh and old folks keep dying, which doesn’t help the gop numbers here either.
23.6% huh. And this happened in 20 years? This happened due to illegal immigration and the rest is gerrymandering around the edges of democrat areas. Every single party moves boundaries to help them maintain their advantage.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       05-21-2019, 10:58 AM Reply   
Quote:

Speaking of fantasies. Didn't the democrats just pass the bill that allows democrat men to join womens softball teams? I see an 0 for 4 batting night in your future. Maybe a little right field. Ride the pine a half game and you can run out to offer support for a run being scored by the rest of the ladies.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-21-2019, 6:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Speaking of fantasies. Didn't the democrats just pass the bill that allows democrat men to join womens softball teams? I see an 0 for 4 batting night in your future. Maybe a little right field. Ride the pine a half game and you can run out to offer support for a run being scored by the rest of the ladies.
How will wake find any time to play when he's in so many parades sporting that cute uniform he designed?