Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-29-2019, 10:07 PM Reply   
Have you ever had to sit between to Big people on a long Flight? I can tell you from first hand exp it sucks. Australia to SF 14 hrs with a big Russian spilling into my seat the whole time was pure hell. I don’t agree how this woman handled it but she did get another seat. I think just like with Cary on bags, PEOPLE should HAVE to fit with in a certain space on a airline seat. If they can’t fit then they should have to put or be seated in a larger seat that they pay extra for. It’s total BS that Huge people are allowed to “spill into” or encroach into your space like in this video. Don’t ya love how the woman filming is still eating, LOL I know it’s not gonna make her any smaller for the flight but it just made me crack up. The white lady seemed a bit nurotic, but I understood her frustration she could have use a bit Moore class. I and why did someone in the peanut gallery throw in the comment ( “Make America Great Again, another great example” ) as if this woman’s tirade was a MAGA statement? Pretty funny how people have TDS so bad that when ever they see somthing they don’t like they try to attach the president to it.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/20...-two-big-pigs/
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-30-2019, 6:47 AM Reply   
should have to buy 2 seats if you can't fit in one
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-30-2019, 7:18 AM Reply   
What if a passenger, such as myself is just a big man. My shoulders are wide - not fat (except the belly of course) and they are wider then the seats? So now I should pay for two seats? I can still do several inverts, play volleyball, hike, snowboard, and overall a very healthy guy. I just have broad shoulder. People are ****ing idiots.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-30-2019, 7:38 AM Reply   
What if airlines put a partition between each of the seats. That way the person becide you could not “spill” into your private space. Is it in reasonable to expect to pay more to ship a larger package vs a smaller package?
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-30-2019, 8:05 AM Reply   
If you've got 10 pounds of anything, you shouldn't be trying to pay for and fit it in a 5 pound bag. All fatties, you know who you are. Pay for first class. Don't steal space from others. Airlines sell a known quantity of space. If you can't fit in, pay up for more space or take a train, bus, ship, row boat, whatever.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-30-2019, 8:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
If you've got 10 pounds of anything, you shouldn't be trying to pay for and fit it in a 5 pound bag. All fatties, you know who you are. Pay for first class. Don't steal space from others. Airlines sell a known quantity of space. If you can't fit in, pay up for more space or take a train, bus, ship, row boat, whatever.
that quantity of space is shrinking. my shoulders are broad as well. and while i'm just a 200 lb f'er at 6'2", (def not Buffalow size) I BARELY fit in the middle seat. I get aisle all day so I can put a leg and a shoulder in the aisle. the attendants are typically cool when the serving cart comes by. If I forget to check in, I'm looking for 2 small chicks to sit between. I'll even put up with a screamer if mom's small enough.

Buffalow, not sure bro. yes ppl are idiots. What do you do when you fly?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-30-2019, 8:45 AM Reply   
I don’t think people are complaining about wide sholderd people here. If you can’t sit in the seat with out the arm rest up then you In My opinion have to buy a first cclass or wider seat
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-30-2019, 8:55 AM Reply   
Airlines should make a percentage of seats that are extra wide. It doesn't really matter if your fat or just large, encroaching into someone else's space that they paid for, is still encroaching
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       02-01-2019, 1:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Have you ever had to sit between to Big people on a long Flight? I can tell you from first hand exp it sucks. Australia to SF 14 hrs with a big Russian spilling into my seat the whole time was pure hell. I don’t agree how this woman handled it but she did get another seat. I think just like with Cary on bags, PEOPLE should HAVE to fit with in a certain space on a airline seat. If they can’t fit then they should have to put or be seated in a larger seat that they pay extra for. It’s total BS that Huge people are allowed to “spill into” or encroach into your space like in this video. Don’t ya love how the woman filming is still eating, LOL I know it’s not gonna make her any smaller for the flight but it just made me crack up. The white lady seemed a bit nurotic, but I understood her frustration she could have use a bit Moore class. I and why did someone in the peanut gallery throw in the comment ( “Make America Great Again, another great example” ) as if this woman’s tirade was a MAGA statement? Pretty funny how people have TDS so bad that when ever they see somthing they don’t like they try to attach the president to it.

https://www.breitbart.com/economy/20...-two-big-pigs/
How about we chalk it up as you small guys finally paying your due for A) us big guys not flushing your heads down the toilets in school or B) protecting you small guys when small guys typically ran their mouths and the big guys had to get their backs.

How about we call it even.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-01-2019, 7:32 PM Reply   
Well, what about the big guys who were bullies? You rarely ever even hear the words, "little bully" (unless I'm talking about my wife during that time of the month). Also, I never got or needed any protection from bigger guys. I know karate, kung fu and 7 other Chinese words.

I'm not skinny by any stretch, but I'm not gooing into anyone else's space. My wife and I work it out like this; I get the window (she doesn't like it) and she gets the middle. We don't generally care who gets the aisle because she's not a fatty at 5'-4" 115 pounds.