Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-21-2016, 11:33 AM Reply   
^^Agreed. LBJ made a serious case for top 3 greats of all time. Still not MJ, but he's closing the gap.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-21-2016, 5:30 PM Reply   
Seriously the most insane performance I've ever witnessed.

He led BOTH teams in Points, Rebs, Assists, Steals, and Blocks .... that is absurd. I think be the time he retires he will have passed MJ, and here is why:

Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-04-2016, 4:32 PM Reply   
Wow, surprised Durant is heading to Golden State.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-05-2016, 8:24 AM Reply   
Yeah, I get it from both sides, but also sucks as an NBA fan. Fingers crossed OKC trades Westbrook to the Cavs out of spite.

Knicks making a lot of moves, on paper they're looking like a 4-6 seed if the old guys stay healthy.

I'm bummed the Wolves didn't get Mirza, he would have been a perfect fit for them.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-14-2017, 5:24 PM Reply   
Belated Congrats to The Warriors and Fans for another NBA Championship and KD for Finals MVP. Looks like round 4 next year already. LeBron averages a triple double and they are blown out 4/1. The Warriors are loaded, dominated the playoffs and the finals. How long can they pay that roster?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-15-2017, 7:29 PM Reply   
^^^Yes, congrats to the Warriors fans.

Hope the Jazz can resign Hayward and either G. Hill or a REALLY GOOD PG.

If you are not watching the 30 for 30 Celtics/Lakers Best of Enemies, you are doing yourself a disservice. As good as it is, the amazing thing is what a lot of these guys have done in the game after their playing days. What a bunch of crazy great basketball minds.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-16-2017, 12:51 PM Reply   
If you are not watching the 30 for 30 Celtics/Lakers Best of Enemies, you are doing yourself a disservice. As good as it is, the amazing thing is what a lot of these guys have done in the game after their playing days. What a bunch of crazy great basketball minds.
I am TIVOing it each night. It is excellent. Good luck hanging on to Hayward, also congrats on the nice playoff run. Chris Paul is available.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-17-2017, 12:03 PM Reply   
Dang Warriors! They really put the smack down on the Cavs this year. I think that put the LBJ vs MJ convo on hold for a while.

I'd love to see the Cavs pick up another defender/shooter. Kyrie, Love, JR, Korver, are not exactly known for their defense. I'm really liking the Durant vs LBJ for next season.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-19-2017, 1:12 PM Reply   
I think that put the LBJ vs MJ convo on hold for a while
I dont count rings to determine greatness, lots of people do so its 100% acceptable reasoning. Of course that means Charles, Malone,Stockton, Bernard King, Vince Carter, Chris webber, Grant Hill, Tracy McGrady, George Gervin, Patrick Ewing, A. Iverson, Elgin Baylor and lots more Greats never won even 1 let alone several.
I think LBJ is better than MJ. Bigger, stronger, faster, dominates games thru more than just scoring and defense.

I think the Cavs will have to give up Love or something to be able to afford someone like Paul George. Interesting times in the NBA.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-19-2017, 3:14 PM Reply   
^^agreed that rings aren't everything but to be the GOAT you need more than 3.

And I'm a huge LBJ fan but for him to surpass MJ he needs championships at this point. He already has MJ in almost every stat.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-20-2017, 11:21 AM Reply   
It is going to be difficult for LBJ to beat a great team like the Warriors, same for all the teams in the west to advance. Thats gonna hold him back for at least another 2-3 years. Most of GS is in their prime.
Paul George is going to be a Laker. Some team may rent him for next year but after that, LA bound.
Jerry West is a Clipper, ouch. Another Great with only 1 ring as a player. I think losing to Boston all those times really took a toll on his psyche.
Draft coming up!! I sure hope Lonzo Ball becomes an NBA great. Pretty good draft class.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-21-2017, 1:50 PM Reply   
Ugh, can't stand the Lonzo Ball and family. I'm hoping his game will look like his jumper.

I think the Cavs can beat the Warriors but they need better defense. I'd love to see Butler end up there.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-21-2017, 5:06 PM Reply   
I dont think Butler is going anywhere this year. Cleavland just let their GM go, Gilbert doesnt pay, he's a dick and dick owner. Its going to affect who will go there.
Lakers dumped Deangelo Russell and Timofey Mosgov for Brook Lopez.. $$ dump and attitude dump. Lopez has only 1 year left on his contract.
You may think im crazy but I think LeBron just may move on out to LA after 2018 season. If Lonzo is a real player and PG13 comes....I think you know what i mean
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-23-2017, 2:04 PM Reply   
I dont think Butler is going anywhere this year
and 2 days later the Bulls trade Jimmy Butler. But for what? Zach LaVine, Kris Dunn and the No. 7 pick in the draft (Lauri Markkanen)... the bulls got F'd. They didnt even get a starter. I hope the Pacers, who have less say are as nice to the Lakers when they take PG13.
As expected, Lakers took Lonzo Ball, the pick isnt exciting (expected) but the future is.
Cleveland is unraveling thanks to Gilberts ownership.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-24-2017, 2:16 PM Reply   
^^LOL. Guess I was wrong on that one. The Bulls gave up one of the best players in the East for three random guys and LaVine is coming off ACL surgery.

Paul & Griffin both opt out. Wonder what Griffin, Paul, Kyrie & LBJ would look like together?
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-25-2017, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
^^LOL. Guess I was wrong on that one. The Bulls gave up one of the best players in the East for three random guys and LaVine is coming off ACL surgery.

Paul & Griffin both opt out. Wonder what Griffin, Paul, Kyrie & LBJ would look like together?
Never going to happen. Even if it did it would not be enough to beat the warriors. Blake is soft and can't play D. Cavs would be better off with PG. lebron knows he is screwed because without a major injury the warriors are in line for a 3 peat
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-26-2017, 11:19 AM Reply   
^^Yeah I know that won't happen but it would be interesting.

Cavs need better defenders. Kyrie, JR, Korver, are all terrible defenders and trying to outscore the Warriors doesn't work. Klay, Green, and KD are all huge offensive threats that can play great defense too.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-26-2017, 2:23 PM Reply   
Yep, they opted out. Lots of teams looking to attract Paul. San Antonio?
Agree, its not happening, Paul and Griffin would be WAY too expensive. Lebron runs the offense in Cleveland, not sure Paul and Lebron would work. The league only allows one ball in play at a time.
ATL traded Dwight for nothing, geez that guys value has dropped off quickly.
At this point it would take an eastern conference all star team to beat Golden State.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-28-2017, 1:38 PM Reply   
Holt Cow! Chris Paul (probably the best player ever on the Clips) to Houston for Sam Dekker, Patrick Beverley, Lou Williams and a protected 2018 first-rounder.
Gonna be interesting, Harden is used to holding on to the rock, ChrisPaul is an old school PG that always runs the offense. Will D'Antoni make CP3 the new Steve Nash?
Oh, and Phil Jackson gets his $$ and gets fired. Think he planned it all along?
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-04-2017, 8:07 AM Reply   
Come on Hayward, stay with the Jazz.....please.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-04-2017, 5:26 PM Reply   
Well that sucks.....
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-05-2017, 1:38 PM Reply   
Sorry EJ. I didnt think he would leave.Bummer, Utah, please proceed back to the pack. Boston is getting better but its the same as in the west...it does not matter. There are currently 2 super teams and then the rest of the pack. This is C-towns last run so Celtics are situated well for 2019+ but the Warriors will be waiting.
Durant resignes, Iguodala resignes, livingston resigned, Curry signs big contract...
Summer league starts in a few days, REALLY hoping Lonzo Ball looks like the real deal.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-23-2017, 12:15 PM Reply   
Cavs just fleeced the Celts!! Enjoy Boston Kyrie and enjoy never getting back to the Finals till LBJ retires.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-23-2017, 12:24 PM Reply   
I think that trade makes these 2 teams pretty competitive. They open the season against each other. Ratings boost.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-23-2017, 1:10 PM Reply   
I'm a huge Kyrie fan but he had a few seasons before LBJ showed up and was no better than Thomas when he was running the show in SacTown.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-23-2017, 2:58 PM Reply   
Tru that, Kyrie wasn't Kyrie til James showed up. I am much more excited about this season than last year...(Lonzo Ball) I actually have a reason to watch now. Still, nobody is beating GS.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-24-2017, 1:43 PM Reply   
As much as I hate the Lavar Ball Show, Lonzo looked really good. Get a few more pieces on that team and they will be back.

GS is still in a different league, everyone is still competing for 2nd place.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-17-2017, 6:01 PM Reply   
Holy smokes that Gordon Hayward injury was horrible. Wishing him the best for a full recovery.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-18-2017, 10:24 AM Reply   
such a bummer. Good to see GS lose last night, then again they lost on opening night last year too.

LBJ in post season form already with 29,16,9. Anyone who thinks he still isn't the best player in the league is kidding themselves.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-18-2017, 8:26 PM Reply   
Not sure the 1st game of 82 is ever big, but in conference and a team you are battling against for the bottom of those playoff spots, nice win! Wife and Little One were there, I watched at home.

Go Jazz!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-19-2017, 4:28 PM Reply   
Haywards leg injury was horrific! Tough luck for the Celts.
I'll make my Laker win prediction. I think they had about 27 wins last year. This year an improvement to 37 and will not make playoffs.
Tonight against the LA V. LA...Clips, opening night...but I got Dodgers V. Cubs in a series clincher if Kershaw carries them. Go Lakers!
NHL, NBA, MLB and NFL all on tonight. Gotta love sports in October.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-20-2017, 9:42 AM Reply   
Hey Lonzo, welcome to the NBA. Beverly was all over him.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-20-2017, 10:14 AM Reply   
Ha, yeah he was. Good that he sees one of the best defenders in the league right off. Ball should have had several more assists but when the team shoots 35%....
Honestly, he didn't look bad, Lopez needs to be a little more selective in taking shots. I didn't expect much different, these guys have had no time to play together and gel. They will improve. I hope.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-20-2017, 3:23 PM Reply   
^^no doubt. I think Lonzo will be leading the league in assists by next season. Just needs guys that can score when he passes it.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-23-2017, 5:21 PM Reply   
Lonzo is 19. Imma give him some time but...after just 3 games he is averaging 9 boards and 9 assists.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-24-2017, 6:46 AM Reply   
I can't stand the Ball family, all because of LaVar... I shouldn't hold it against the kids, but I do. I can't wait to see how the Wolves look after ~15 or so games, once this lineup starts working together its going to be something special.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-24-2017, 9:49 AM Reply   
Wolves could be the spoilers of the West this year.

I also try to avoid all LaVar Ball media coverage, he is ESPN's current jester.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-24-2017, 2:22 PM Reply   
Didn't the T wolves just beat westbrook/Carmelo/George OKC Thunder? theyre going to leapfrog some teams this year. Playoffs.
X3 re LavarBall. I avoid everything Lavar, so far so good.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-24-2017, 2:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Didn't the T wolves just beat westbrook/Carmelo/George OKC Thunder?
Yeah, in OKC too! 3 lead changes in the final 10 seconds!

I think they'll fight for a 4-5 seed with GSW, Houston being 1/2.... 3/4/5 will be Spurs, OKC, Wolves
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-25-2017, 11:20 AM Reply   
LBJ running the point last night looked good. Although it was against the Bulls and doesn't he already do that most games anyway?

I think the Cavs without Rose is a pretty big loss. They need a quick to the rim guy and Wade can't do that anymore.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-25-2017, 2:02 PM Reply   
Eric Bledsoe not happy being part of NBA's next laughing stock team.
http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/post/_/...gent-rich-paul

I think Wade may be done.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-26-2017, 10:47 AM Reply   
Wade is in Cleveland for the playoffs and that's it. I think he will play limited minutes the entire season and then turn it up when it really matters.

BTW are the Nets actually decent this year?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       10-26-2017, 4:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
BTW are the Nets actually decent this year?
They cant be, they have D'angelo Russell.

Lakers take John Wall, Bradley Beal and Gortat to overtime last night and lakers hang on for the win. Slowly but surely making progress.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-27-2017, 9:35 AM Reply   
^^Ah ha! D'angelo didn't play against the Cavs. That makes more sense now.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-06-2017, 5:21 PM Reply   
Whoa, Lakers are on a 2 game winning streak!!
Lonzo is coming along slowly but Kyle Kuzma may be one of the steals of the draft. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good. Brandon Ingram starting to show some improvement.
Lebron had 57 in a game over the weekend. Still the best in the NBA.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       11-10-2017, 10:57 AM Reply   
Do I need to hit the panic button on the Cavs?!?! 5-7 and not getting any better.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-10-2017, 1:39 PM Reply   
I think OKC will hit the button before Cavs. Besides Lebron will be a Laker next year anyway.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       11-21-2017, 3:38 PM Reply   
Looks like the Cavs have it rolling finally. All is right in the NBA.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-21-2017, 4:36 PM Reply   
Unless you are the Clippers losers of 9 in a row. No Chris Paul and back to the cellar. (Patrick Beverly has been out).
I saw philly play the other night. Embiid was a monster, Simmons, a 6' 10'' point guard was a blast to watch. They are going to be good.
Who has Boston been playing? I saw in the paper 16 game win streak then saw they beat Dallas ...Kyrie had a load of points. They #2 in the East?
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       11-22-2017, 9:40 AM Reply   
^Sorry about the Clips. That team needs to blow up. Trade Blake and get some new blood. Also it's time for Doc and Son to go too.

Embiid is a stone cold killer. He's the best center in the game for my money, just hope he can stay healthy.

Boston is playing lights out and Brad Stevens is easily Coach of the Year so far. I'm not quite drinking the Boston kool aid yet as I don't think they have enough offensive weapons to match the Cavs come playoff time, but I'd sure love to see those teams match up in the ECF.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-22-2017, 1:06 PM Reply   
I'm a long time Brad Stevens fan, concur.
Lakers came back last night to beat the Bulls. No big deal.... Lonzo Ball. Ive been watching him and he is going to be good (not in simmons class now) hes an excellent rebounder. He has court vision, very good (but not flashy Magic like) passer. Good assist to turnover ratio, good plus/minus numbers...that dude cant shoot. Not 3's, not short range jumpers, cant finish around the rim. I didn't think he was this weak a shooter. He can improve...but geez he looks like Dwight howard out there.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       11-27-2017, 9:34 AM Reply   
Big games in the East tonight. Cavs/Sixers & Celts/Pistons.

Shame that Rose is done. Is he going to be the only NBA MVP not to make the Hall of Fame?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-27-2017, 2:46 PM Reply   
Id have to think about that^^^
Speaking of big games...Clippers at home V. Lakers Tonight.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       11-29-2017, 11:25 AM Reply   
Cavs keep rolling. Is it the playoffs yet!?!?!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-30-2017, 3:31 PM Reply   
Soo, Lakers took Golden State into overtime last night. (Lakers lost) I know what your thinking but no, Curry, Durant, Thompson, Green....they all played. Poor lakers had to keep rookie Kyle Kuzma out of the lineup with back spasms. Good to see the Lakers actually competing again. Playoffs next year.
When do Boston and Cleveland meet up again?
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       11-30-2017, 3:56 PM Reply   
Was really hoping the Lakers would have won that game. Can't believe I just typed that considering I'm an old Sonic fan.

Boston/Cleveland January 3rd. Mark your calendar. In Boston too. Should be really good.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-11-2017, 4:05 PM Reply   
Lakers 2-0 on the road trip. Beat Philly and Charlotte. Got Cleveland coming up. Lebron to test his future team.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-12-2017, 4:48 PM Reply   
I really hope LBJ doesn't head to LA. I think he needs to finish his career in Cleveland.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-12-2017, 5:11 PM Reply   
He certainly has options. He may want to stay in the east for simpler advancement. What about Philly?
If he goes West, Houston makes more sense, or Spurs.
I don't think he likes dan gilbert, id leave because of that guy.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-13-2017, 9:37 AM Reply   
^True Dan Gilbert is not the greatest owner. I'd love to see LBJ on the Spurs just to see what he can do with a HOF coach for once.

Philly might work but I still think that team is 3 years away from doing any damage in the east if they all stay healthy. Is it just me or are players getting hurt a lot more these days?
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-13-2017, 4:46 PM Reply   
Yeah, todays players are just a bunch of pussies.
Part of it has to be that they get paid soo much teams need to take care of their assets.
Some coaches hold stars out for "rest" remember Pop holding out Duncan due to "being old"?
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-14-2017, 1:01 PM Reply   
^^Haha! Yep.

I'm looking forward to Cavs/Lakers tonight. Should be fun to watch. It's crazy to me that you can still get tickets to this game for only $28. Probably nose bleed section but who cares. You can watch the best NBA player maybe ever for $28!!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-14-2017, 1:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
It's crazy to me that you can still get tickets to this game for only $28
Yeah, that's because of location. If it was a home Lakers game there would be no ticket under $250.
Looking forward to the King having a triple double on his next team just to sharpen them up.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-15-2017, 9:32 AM Reply   
^Well you got your triple double from LBJ. Not a great shooting night from him last night. I caught some of the game, first time really watching the new Lakers. Ingram is a stud. Definitely has flashes of Durant. I'm still not sold on Ball yet, but he does have his moments. He sees the court really well. Even if LBJ doesn't come to LA, I bet they will be a 7-8 seed next season.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-15-2017, 12:56 PM Reply   
Yeah, they showed some grit...not giving up last night. Lebron was Lebron, still the best in the league. Re Ball, you gotta give him some time, he is a rookie. Still what was he last night 13-10 and 8? 2 boards short of the triple double. Should have had 13-14 dimes. Lakers missed several dunks off his passes. He will never be a scorer but he'll get to a consistent 15 a night along with the dimes and boards that's a complete player. He pushes the pace, and like you said... excellent court vision, its a big reason for lakers improvement. BI is getting better by the game, big year for him. Concur, we will be a bubble team by next year. Its tough in the west. With Ball we are more fun to watch than when DRussell was at the point.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-18-2017, 10:46 AM Reply   
Of course Kobe is getting two numbers retired. That guy's ego won't ever quit.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-18-2017, 1:54 PM Reply   

Probably, but I went home at lunch and set up my DVR so I don't miss it.
Blame it on The Lakers. I don't know but would prefer a single jersey with both numbers on it. He IS a true NBA great, (future HOF) like Magic, ,Chamberlain, Jabbar, West, Shaq.... one actual jersey per ego.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-18-2017, 3:52 PM Reply   
^^I thought it would be one jersey with two numbers but two jerseys is kind of crazy.

Kobe is a legend for sure. Amazing scorer, underrated defender/passer and true competitor.

Is Shaq/Kobe the most unstoppable duo of all time? Too bad Shaq didn't stay a few more years.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-18-2017, 4:10 PM Reply   
Probably, yeah. Shaq was so big, so strong...just absolutely dominant. Kobe could do everything..as good as they both were, they were too far apart in the mind. Kobe would cut off a finger and play once the blood stopped flowing...he had only 1 purpose. Shaq was more of a take it or leave type, no big deal. Kobe couldn't stand anyone with a mindset different from his. And no one else was like him. Jackson could only keep them on the same page so long before it blew up. IF Shaq spent another 5 years in LA it could have been 3, 4 more chips. It was a great era.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-19-2017, 3:40 PM Reply   
Hope you caught the game, took GS to overtime for the second time this year. Nance Jr had a monster dunk on Durant who BTW sealed the win on a clutch shot. Nails.
Lakers played GS, Cleveland, GS, Rockets, GS, Trail Blazers, T-wolves...rough stretch.
Nice little Kobe ceremony, its 2 jerseys one on each side of Chick Hearn. Mamba out.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-19-2017, 3:49 PM Reply   
^^Saw the highlights. Looked like everyone dunked over Durant till he sealed the deal in OT. Is Kobe the greatest Laker ever? Shaq seems to think so.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-19-2017, 5:11 PM Reply   
Yeah Randal dunked hard on him too.
Choosing the best aint easy. I'm a huge fan of the old school...Baylor, Wilt, West. Then Showtime, Magic at the top but Kareem over all has the best numbers of anyone plus big game james is a HOF too. Then the Shaq/Kobe era (kobe as #8) then Kobe era as #24. Probably. No one else spent 20 years in the purple and gold.I think they said it last night, either #8 Kobe or #24 Kobe have had Jersey on the wall careers. I could make an argument for West, Baylor, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Kobe for NBA mount Rushmore stuff. Probably a lot of emotional content and I reserve the right to change my mind.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-21-2017, 9:51 AM Reply   
^Ha! Lot of greats have been there. I just watched the Magic & Isiah interview last night. Good stuff. I had totally forgot how close they were and how messy it got.

Nice win over Houston last night too. The West will be really interesting come playoff time.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-21-2017, 1:09 PM Reply   
Oh Yeah!! who cares Harden, Paul et al Rockets had a 14 game win streak and leagues best record. My boys played to win last night. Go Lake Show!

Always cool to see interviews with the greats, time well spent.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-21-2017, 1:46 PM Reply   
Forgot...
Props to rookie Kyle Kuzma, 27th pick in the draft....38 last night.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-22-2017, 10:22 AM Reply   
^^Is this the best "team" the Lakers have had in 5 years? Seems like in Kobe's final years it was so focused around him. Now they have a bunch of young guys that want to share the spotlight. Kuzma, Ingram, Clarkson, etc.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       12-22-2017, 11:08 AM Reply   
No doubt about best "team", I agree exactly with what you said. Kobe was a 2 edged sword...ball hog and savior and they stuck to that narrative too long. We finally have a talented very young team that actually enjoys playing as a team. Its refreshing to watch them after suffering thru the last 5 years.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-02-2018, 10:04 AM Reply   
IT3 is back tonight. Can't wait to see the new Cav lineup.

Also, tomorrow night will be Celts/Cavs. Should be a good one.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-02-2018, 5:06 PM Reply   
Hey, happy IT is back but from what i heard he'll play V. Portland and skip the next night V. Boston. WTF!!!!

Laker report, lost a lot of games recently but took Rockets to 2 OT's, and lost. OT with Golden State, and lost. I expected better performance V. the teams we "should" beat. We have been playing w/o 3 starters, Lopez, ankle... Lonzo, shoulder...KCP, jail. $18M and he has to spend a month in the hoose gow. Geez...
But all will be back moving forward.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-03-2018, 10:08 AM Reply   
I think they started IT3 vs Portland last night because it was a home game and he's still not a full strength. He sure did look good though. Cavs will be very fun to watch moving forward, finally a real PG on that team. I forgot how dang quick he can be.