Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-16-2014, 5:36 PM Reply   
So funny that going to the Finals 4 straight years and only winning two championships is considered a failure. If any NFL or MLB team did that they would be considered one of the best teams ever.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-16-2014, 6:43 PM Reply   
Definitely a one man show for the Heat. No one showed up but Lebron. He was probably having nightmares thinking he was back in Cleveland instead of playing on the dream team.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-17-2014, 7:04 AM Reply   
Wade and Lebron come to MN next year to play with Love... Rubio + Martin (Wade off the bench) + Lebron + Love + Dieng / Pek !!!!!!

.... but seriously, this loss makes the whole off season predraft trade scenarios very interesting. Cleveland is sitting in a position very capable of making moves enough to bring Lebron home.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-17-2014, 4:09 PM Reply   
Dan Gilbert still owns the Cavs, Right? The guy who went off on LBJ after "the decision"...
He aint goin back to Clev til he is ready to retire.
I believe he will stay in the East. The West is too tough. the 2,3,4,5 west teams would own the eastern confrence.
So when Wade and Bosh opt in at $20M apiece AND you still have to pay Lebron...And the cap is about $60M ??? Miami has some decisions to make.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-24-2014, 11:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Dan Gilbert still owns the Cavs, Right? The guy who went off on LBJ after "the decision"...
He aint goin back to Clev til he is ready to retire.
Lebron just opted out of Miami.... it could be happening.

If Cleveland does NOT exercise their team options their current cap hit will be 30 million. 14/15' cap should be 65-68 million... so they have like 35 million to play with.... not to mention the #1 pick, which I think does more good being traded away for multiple first rounders or Kevin Love.

Kyrie, Love, Lebron wins the East.

.... also no way in hell option, Lebron signs a 1 year deal with MN, plays with Rubio, Love, Martin, and Pek.... Love and Lebron leave after that year, Wolves turn to ****, but it will be fun while it lasts.

I just really really really would love to see Lebron end up somewhere with a pure passing PG and Love. a PF who stretches the floor like love and a passer like Rubio would mean Lebron would have an effin' field day

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 06-24-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-24-2014, 12:10 PM Reply   
I think by opting out Lebron is saying...Hey Riley, What have you done for me lately?
should LBJ take less $?
Should Wade opt out and re-structure and take less?
That leaves Bosh as the highest paid Heat. If I was LBJ that would not make me happy.
Interesting stuff for sure.
Who is going to take the chance on Embiid?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-24-2014, 12:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Who is going to take the chance on Embiid?
I think if the picks stay exactly as they are now, the earliest I see him going maybe the Lakers @ 7... it will be quite interesting to see how that plays out... if he drops past 10, I think whoever you are, you HAVE to gamble getting a potential #1 guy. Greg Oden was a fluke, but made everyone reaaaally gunshy.

Quote:
should LBJ take less $?
My thought is LBJ doesn't give a rats ass about his NBA salary, I think he just wants to be somewhere he will keep winning.... he makes enough from Samsung / beats / etc etc etc to make him happy. My guess is, while he could make a max deal no problem, he would rather have a better surrounding cast and shave off a few million
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-24-2014, 1:46 PM Reply   
Here ya go Kobe, This is how you win championships...see, you dont take all the cash in the bag, leave some for the T E A M . The Laker notion of paying for past greatness is stupid and I dont buy it. He was highest paid player all those years too.
Duncan, role model.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ency/11278407/
If Embiid drops to the lakers....grab him!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-24-2014, 6:09 PM Reply   
Crazy draft talk, who knows where players are going to go. There is a lot of smoke here, Jazz selling the farm to get to 1 and take Parker. I don't want any of that, selling the farm or Parker. If they did, would rather see Wiggins. At 5...no idea, but if Vonleh is there, I like that. I don't think Embiid will make it to 7....maybe not 5...
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-25-2014, 3:49 PM Reply   
^^I think Wiggens has more upside than Parker.
Love all the smoke and mirrors going on just before the draft. All this POTENTIALLY will happen and then 95% of it never takes place. Fun stuff.
Just heard Carmelo and Tyson Chandler to Dallas. Probably wont happen as that will make the east even weaker. Lebron wont leave the east and probably not even miami.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-26-2014, 8:17 AM Reply   
Sounds like Tyson Chandler is a sure thing... Melo is set to meet with Houston, Dalls, and LAL next week.

I got so excited when I heard Love and the #1 pick being tossed around, but it sounds like Love said "I will not resign in Cleveland" so it killed the deal, I think there is still a big big big big chance that MN ends up switching with Cleveland and/or Boston's #6.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       06-26-2014, 12:16 PM Reply   
Nobody wants to go to Cleveland, not exactley a popular destination. Thats how Dan Gilbert bought the team for $37.00. Clips worth 2 Bil and Cleveland worth $47.50. Gilbert will never be happy. Nice move by the Nuggs to aquire Afflalo. I hope the LAL dont follow previous mistakes by going after Melo.
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-26-2014, 2:02 PM Reply   
Nick,
Is K-Love even really that good? I don't want the Warriors to move Thompson for him. Thompson plays defense and I think Love is just a little better version of DLee. Maybe I am wrong but K-Love just doesn't do it for me.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-26-2014, 2:09 PM Reply   
Mike, I wouldn't trade Thompson for Love either, especially unless he did sign and trade, so he was locked up.

Feel like it's Vonleh or Gordon at 5 & I'm okay with either. May be a little high for Gordon, but I love his athleticism and motor.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-26-2014, 5:01 PM Reply   
Holy chit, Embiid then Gordon..... I think the Jazz take exam...I HOPE NOT... I say Vonleh now PLEASE.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-26-2014, 5:21 PM Reply   
Yep, Exum....I think bust, ugh!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-26-2014, 8:26 PM Reply   
Though not an Exum fan, with him and Hood, the Jazz stole this draft. Going to get an A+ from the talkers/writers.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-26-2014, 9:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCPMike0663 View Post
Nick,
Is K-Love even really that good? I don't want the Warriors to move Thompson for him. Thompson plays defense and I think Love is just a little better version of DLee. Maybe I am wrong but K-Love just doesn't do it for me.
I am right there with you.
Their numbers are close, but Love does have perimeter shooting so I guess that is his plus. But Lee puts up great numbers, is a team player on a team that has great chemistry already. Klay is a great 2 way player and the Warriors need his defense.

If the warriors dont have Klay, it will be so much easier to double team Steph. Right now, everyone of their starting 5 is a threat when they have the ball (maybe not Andre).

I'm afraid of Joe Lacob and Bob Meyers tearing this team up and treating them as pawns when the chemistry that they have built is a big part of what makes the Warriors so fun to watch and follow, at least for me. I'm still so bitter about them dumping Mark Jackson. I don't think Joe Lacob can handle the team respecting the coach more than the owner. As the owner, he wants to be the boss.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-27-2014, 8:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Their numbers are close
WHAT?!

2013-2014 Stats

Love - 26.1 ppg / 12.5 reb / 4.4 assists / .8 steals / .4 blocks .... shooting 45 / 81 / 37

Love (adjusted to 31 mins) - 22.4 ppg / 10.7 reb / 3.78 assists

Lee - 13.9 ppg / 9.1 reb / 2.6 assists / .6 steals / 0 blocks (avg) ..... shooting 53 / 78 / 0 on 31 mins per game

....two ways to look at Love's stats, either A.) They're inflated because no support, or B.) Worst because he gets all the defensive attention
I made it to 30 of the home games this year, and 99% of the time he is the best player on the court, for both teams. His vision and range as a stud rebounding PF is unmatched. I just don't think GSW is the right fit. He needs to be paired with a defensive minded center Hibbert / Deandre Jordan would be a perfect C for him to play with.

Quote:
Nick,
Is K-Love even really that good? I don't want the Warriors to move Thompson for him.
Yes he is. I don't want Klay, that is a bad trade for everyone... because the Wolves will just lose him in the near future anyway, he isn't worth the max deal, and I think thats what he will go for.

Also, did anyone see LaVine's reaction to going to MN?
... and I quote, "F*CK ME"
Old     (BCPMike0663)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-27-2014, 1:49 PM Reply   
Nick,
Look at Dlee's stats before last year. He had a bad season but for his career is much better.

Bogut is just as good if not better then Jordan/hibbert when healthy. If he plays in the first round the Warriors would have beat the Clips.

I am just concerned Love is a little soft. If this trade was for Aldrige I would be so estatic that guys is a baller.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-28-2014, 8:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCPMike0663 View Post
Nick,
Look at Dlee's stats before last year. He had a bad season but for his career is much better.

Bogut is just as good if not better then Jordan/hibbert when healthy. If he plays in the first round the Warriors would have beat the Clips.

I am just concerned Love is a little soft. If this trade was for Aldrige I would be so estatic that guys is a baller.
Agree on all 3!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-01-2014, 12:43 PM Reply   
Kyrie, Wow, did not expect you to sign so dang quick. Need a new 20,000 sq ft house?
LaVine...Did not look too happy draft night. What did he expect? You wanted to play in the big boys league, now you are. I really hope his attitude changes and he starts to "get it" before too late.
Love over Lee all day long. I am a big David Lee fan so I appreciate his game...but KLove is just better. $12M guy V. a $15M guy. Bogut is probably better than the disappearing act that is Hibbert. Bogut and DJordan are closer but Jordan is a shot blocking machine, i think he still has more upside. Bogut cant stay on the floor, he sneezes and breaks a rib...out for a month
At this stage in his career, Klay Thompson cant be a max player.
Hard to screwup if you were lakers on draft night. Big #30,Julius Randle was an easy correct choice.
Dante Exum, too unknown, lack of info on the Aussie. I think Utah made a really good ballsy pick. Better resign GHayward quick.
More opinion...Melo stays in NY
LBJ,Wade,Bosh stay in Miami. Yawn.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-09-2014, 7:35 AM Reply   
HOLY SNIKES, how the Hell do the Hornets offer Hayward a max deal.....

The Jazz need to match, though I think it's too much money to pay for him. That said, you can't let your talent walk for free and the Jazz have a ton of money to spend. They'll need to figure out a way to spend a little more just to get to the cap floor. Can trade Hayward later if needed, Charlotte is not the only team that has him on the radar. The Jazz played poker and lost.....wow, almost 16M a year for Gordon Hayward.....
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-10-2014, 10:53 AM Reply   
NBA owners....whine whine whine about salaries through every collective bargaining agreement...then
1. offer a guy like Hayward 15M per year.
2. 45M over 3 years for ChandlerParsons
Cant wait to see whats next.
LBJ mulling over Cavs? makes sense w/ wiggens and Irving...But isnt working for Dan Gilbert a short step above Donald Sterling? Who is the coach again? The way these guys run their franchises is pondering. Pat Riley may be left holding the bag at the end of the day. Hmmm.
Lakers sitting around and hoping...seriously? hoping for Melo? No coach yet? Gonna let the player pick? By the time the dominos they are waiting for fall...it'll be too late to get any worthy talent. Another year of 1 year contracts and NO DIRECTION. Been a quick ride down the ladder.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-10-2014, 8:00 PM Reply   
D,

The Hayward contract is almost 16M....ugh... I REALLY LIKE GH, but good god who pays that for a 3rd option? Still, Jazz have to match.... *****in Hornets....Jordan lost a bet...
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-11-2014, 10:42 AM Reply   
Well, well...now the mad scramble begins.
It will take a big two to hold the empty bag that is the Heat...Wade and Riley.
Lakers to sign + trade w/ Gasol and send him to Cavs for Wiggens, LOL.
Dan Gilbert...burns LeBrons jersey, writes nasty letters,whines like a little B, then he gets 4 top draft picks...AND LeBron back. He is also the small mkt guy who whined to Stern to "86" the Chris Paul deal to LA and F'ed the Lakers for years. WTF? How does this guy come out smelling like a rose? LeBron is the Big Man to suck it up and go back, props to him!
Will Cavs send Wiggens to MN for Love? Wiggens can be an allstar getting passes from LBJ.
Bosh to Houston next?
Stuff is gonna start happening now.
Hayward and Parsons are both really good...but like EJ said...they are your third best players on a Championship caliber team. Way too much cash for 15/5/5...
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-11-2014, 11:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Will Cavs send Wiggens to MN for Love? Wiggens can be an allstar getting passes from LBJ.
I think this will be the case.... two trade options I see happening:

Waiters + TT + Bennett --> Love
or
TT + Wiggins --> Love
...possibly picks or scrubs to make salaries work out
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-11-2014, 3:43 PM Reply   
Lets be real fellas..

Pumped that this LBJ nonsense is over... Now we can get onto the real prize of free Agency.. Carmelo Anthony.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-21-2014, 9:07 AM Reply   
I can't believe that the Cavs would trade Wiggins, Bennett & a 1 for Love.... Am I crazy thinking that is FAR TOO MUCH to pay for Love? I think the Wolves would be robbing the Cavs....for a player that is gone anyway....
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-21-2014, 9:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
I can't believe that the Cavs would trade Wiggins, Bennett & a 1 for Love.... Am I crazy thinking that is FAR TOO MUCH to pay for Love?
I think you have to look at it from what you know standpoint, no "feelings" on it.

Wiggins - huge potential, but hasn't done a thing yet... under achieved college year

Bennett - thus far a turd, has lost weight, looks to be better

#1 pick - on a team with Lebron + Love + Kyrie will NOT be a lottery pick, so have much value does it really have? (not sure next year's draft class)

Love - All star PF and only 25 years old. Averaged 26 ppg, 12.5 rpg, 4.5 apg last year. Shot 37% from three too. Is he a stats guy on a ****ty team? Maybe. Is he just that good, maybe.

... Its a lot to risk if you're the Cavs, but Wiggins and Bennett haven't done a thing, and may not; while Love has proven he is a top 10 NBA player.

Quote:
I think the Wolves would be robbing the Cavs....for a player that is gone anyway....
He will be walking away next year, but I would be shocked if its anything but LA.

If I'm the Cavs, I do it. If I'm the Wolves, I do it.... seems to really work out well for everyone.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-21-2014, 9:56 PM Reply   
I think GMs are crazy to make trades like that unless he signs for the long term. Otherwise they are better off just waiting til he is a free agent.

I still don't get the LA thing. Love wants to win. And the clippers already have Blake.

My guess is if love is traded this season to anyone but the cavs it will just be for the season. And then in free agency he will sign with the cavs. I'm probably wrong though haha

I'm just glad the warriors are over it. They were giving up way too much, and way more than the cavs.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-22-2014, 6:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
I think GMs are crazy to make trades like that unless he signs for the long term.
I see him not wanting to commit because of the new CBA that is coming. If he does what Lebron did, then he stands to do much better for himself.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-22-2014, 9:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I see him not wanting to commit because of the new CBA that is coming. If he does what Lebron did, then he stands to do much better for himself.
Exactly. So these GMs might be trading away good players that they can have for a while for a great player that might not be there in a year.

I think you Timberwolves fans will get another year out of your Love jerseys.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-22-2014, 11:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
I think you Timberwolves fans will get another year out of your Love jerseys.
the silver lining!
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-22-2014, 12:26 PM Reply   
I think Minny will do EVERYTHING they can to get something done before the trade deadline at worst. All they have then is the possibility of a sign and trade, which doesn't look like a winner, unless the team I trying to dump salaries(why pick those up) or maybe a trade exemption.

Have to believe they will try to get something done soon, he's on his way out and their cards get weaker as time passes, IMO.

Chicago continues to try to get in on this, but their offer seems weaker than that Cavs offer that's being floated. I still think that's a tough deal for the Cavs to take. Giving up too much potential for my liking.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-23-2014, 10:35 AM Reply   
Via Sheridans twitter - Bulls offering Mirotic, McDermott, and Taj for Love.

If I'm the Wolves, that seems like a great offer
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-23-2014, 12:31 PM Reply   
If you think Wiggins is a question mark, what does that make Mirotic and McDermott? Taj is super solid.

That said, again....Minny has to make a move sooner or later, they can't let Love leave for free.....and their window is closing as is their bargaining power.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-24-2014, 7:09 AM Reply   
The more I think about this whole thing, I think Cavs and Bulls might actually start a small bid war (if these claims are legit and not a smokescreen from the Wolves FO).

... Whoever lands Love becomes the favorite in the East, this is especially tough for Cleveland if the Bulls get him because, if the Bulls win the East the next two years (most rides on a healthy Rose), does Lebron re-sign with Cleveland?

Cavs with Love looks like:
* Kyrie
* Waiters
* Lebron
* Love
* AV
.... to me that wins you the East, biggest weakness is a rim defending center

Bulls with Love:
* Rose
* Butler
* Dunleavy
* Love
* Noah
.... this to me wins the East, biggest weakness is at SF (since they would most likely lose McDermatt in the Love trade)

I think Love is the key to the East, but with McDermatt signed already that has to wait 30 days, and if Wiggins signs, same deal.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-24-2014, 1:18 PM Reply   
"does Lebron re-sign with Cleveland?"
no chance he ever leaves them again.
East is soo weak...I think the cavs w/ wiggens and w/o Love still will be tough to beat. I'd druther Chicago get Love, if nothing else a little competition.
So Lakers STILL no coach. Any coincidence that Doc Rivers says he wont coach Clips if Sterling is still owner? Are Lakers hoping to bottom feed off the clippers ill luck?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-25-2014, 7:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Any coincidence that Doc Rivers says he wont coach Clips if Sterling is still owner?
That is a very interesting idea.... honestly wouldn't shock me all that much other than he would certainly be going to a weaker team.... for now. Maybe he can find a way to pull some of the Clippers guys with him in this whole mess.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-25-2014, 2:38 PM Reply   
Bulls don't win the East w/ Love because Rose will not be the same player he was two years ago. I think the East is coming down to the Cavs and Indy. LBJ took a terrible Heat team to the Finals last year, what makes you think he can't take the Cavs? Irving, LBJ & Wiggins to me is a better "Big 3" than last years Heat.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-25-2014, 2:40 PM Reply   
Interesting...perhaps but...
Lakers bring Byron Scott back to coach.
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...ording-sources
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-26-2014, 9:07 AM Reply   
Lakers are in a tough spot right now. They have to keep Kobe because he's done so much for them but his contract is killing the rest of the team. Also, just a guess but I don't think he's the easiest guy to play with. Boozer was a good pick up, but they need another big man. Boozer, Kobe, Lin/Nash, would get you a playoff spot in the East but not in the West, I don't care who the coach is.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-07-2014, 6:59 AM Reply   
I still cannot believe this Love deal.... He's going to cash strap the Cavs and I still think the Wolves are fleecing the Cavs....

So tell me, isn't Love's 20/10 in Minny = to Bosh's 20/10 in Toronto?

Giving up all the potential and guys on rookie deals, then what would be guys on second deals....just crazy.... Guess time will tell.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-07-2014, 7:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
So tell me, isn't Love's 20/10 in Minny = to Bosh's 20/10 in Toronto?
Love was 26 / 12 / 4.5 in MN... shooting almost 40% from 3pt range.... Love is seriously that good, and a perfect fit for Lebron. His ability to spread the floor means Lebron will have a field day in the lane. Also Love is only 25 years old, its not like he is some veteran player on his way down... he is a lot left

Quote:
Giving up all the potential and guys on rookie deals, then what would be guys on second deals....just crazy.... Guess time will tell.
It comes down to Lebron wanting to win ASAP.... with only a two year deal (because of the CBA) Cleveland needs to get those wins ASAP. Its probably very very very unlikely, but if the Cavs crashed and burned waiting for their potential young guys to develop Lebron could walk again (again this would have been a sliiiim chance). Plugging Love in gives them an insane lineup, and the best part is that it means Chicago can't have him.

Kyrie / Waiters / LBJ / Love / AV -- This is a killer lineup.

.... with all that said, Flip is the man. He turned a potential disaster of Love walking away into two #1 picks, and another first rounder.... If they make the playoffs on this deal he could very will win coach of the year and GM of the year.

I won't be shocked if Bennett + Pick is traded to Philly for Young. Wolves have a ton of people at the SG and SF position, and a big hole at PF, so the trade makes sense, but my gut says Flip might give a lot of minutes to Bennett to try and boost his value, then move him yet this year before the deadline.

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 08-07-2014 at 7:42 AM.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-07-2014, 10:40 AM Reply   
Bosh was 24/11/2 , shooting .364 from 3.....& he was 26, when he moved from Toronto to Miami. Numbers are really the same as Love in Minny.

Love may be great for the Cavs, but I still think this is crazy... I think it's short sighted.

The Cavs get Bosh like player, without a Wade in his prime..... Maybe the other surrounding cast is better....and truth be told, the Heat made a HELL OF A 4 YEAR RUN.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-07-2014, 10:54 AM Reply   
This Cavs team is going to be insane. How do you double team LBJ when he has Love, Miller, Jones, and possibly Allen to dish out to?!?!

If the Cavs don't make it to the Finals it will be a huge disappointment.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-07-2014, 11:03 AM Reply   
For the sake of you wolves fans, I really hope Wiggins becomes a huge star and Rubio learns how to shoot. It's going to take dedication to be a wolves fan these next couple years.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-07-2014, 11:44 AM Reply   
On the flip side, Mitch, I think the Wolves won here. They just got the last two #1 picks in the NBA Draft. Bennett looks FAR BETTER this Summer, dropped some weight, looks explosive. Was EASILY top 5 in Vegas Summer League. I think Wiggins is going to be a star. Both these, plus the 1...which will not be great....but all for someone who was bailing anyway.

Add, they have these guys locked up for YEARS. They have to finish their rookie deals, then will be restricted...

and where exactly did Kevin Love lead the Wolves?
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-07-2014, 2:27 PM Reply   
^^The same place Chris Bosh led the Raptors.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-07-2014, 4:54 PM Reply   
^^^LOL!

This is starting to smell like when Bosh and LBJ went to Miami to join wade.
When Kyrie signed so quick I thought it really odd because most thought he would dash. On 7/1 I said "Kyrie, Wow, did not expect you to sign so dang quick. Need a new 20,000 sq ft house?" cause I thought it was strange. Now it comes out Love and LBJ have had this in the works for quite a while. Its Miami revisited. Players running the asylum.
I think they are now the favorite
Ive heard Rose looks really good this summer, gonna need to be in mvp condition.
Durant not goint to play for team USA
Paul George...bummer dude. Get well soon.
Also means Love isnt coming to the Lakers or anyone else in the forseeable future. BScott better be one hell of a coach and Randle better be the real deal.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-07-2014, 5:31 PM Reply   
LBJ/Bosh joined a 26pts/7rb/5a/2st/1bk Wade....vs 20/4/6/2/0 KI...

Different positions, both heavy lifters on these teams, so that is relative.

Should be interesting.

1st time ever LBJ plays with an elite PG... Hell, besides Durant, last MVP with an elite PG?

I'm interested to see how this shakes out.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-08-2014, 4:12 PM Reply   
Did Wade ever have numbers like that once LBJ got there? He was carrying the load back then, probably why he cant anymore...
I think Varejao and Waiters makes their roster better than miami.
All this makes me wonder why Stern nixed the CPaul to Lakers deal yet Cavs have already traded the #1 pick...when they cant. (30 day rule)
Shenanigans.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-08-2014, 5:38 PM Reply   
^^You just answered your question. David Stern.

Adam Silver is already light years better than Stern. Can't stand Stern, but then again I'm from Seattle, OKC probably has his statue out front of the stadium.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-12-2014, 10:58 AM Reply   
Stern into the HOF, hmmm. Seems too quick. NBA not enjoying the Cavs/T-wolves deal. Cant wait for the "letter" from Dan Gilbert if NBA shelves the deal. (yeah, I know they wont, but it sure would be funny )
We shall see how much better Silver is than stern. I kinda agree with you. I wasnt 100% behind the whole Sterling fiasco. Sterling has been a documented cheap, racist A-hole owner for decades. Now he is ruled incompetent yet Silver forced the sale based on his private remarks to his little whore. How can he be incompetent/senile yet be responsible for his private conversation. I understand the racial problem Silver had, time will tell if this was done right. I cant wait for the next owner to be caught on tape doing the "wrong" thing.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-26-2015, 4:11 PM Reply   
Well, now well into March & though the Cavs seem solid....bet they are really disappointed in the Love/Wiggins trade. This is going to be the trade that keeps on hurting. I didn't like it then as stated & don't like it now, though granted, it doesn't have anything to do with the team I cheer for.

Speaking of the Jazz, could not be more happy with where they are. The young pups are playing and only going to get better. Gobert is going to be a monster.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-27-2015, 11:43 AM Reply   
EJ, the Jazz are going to be a serious threat next year, especially if their point guards step it up. They will make it even harder for New Orleans to ever make the playoffs.

As a Warriors fan this season couldn't be going any better. Every player on the roster is so good and knows their role. I just hope Draymond and Andre Iguodala can shut down Lebron in the Finals. I'm not afraid of any teams in the west in a 7 game serious. Cavs are only threat, but that is if Lebron can single handedly hold them up for 7 games.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-27-2015, 1:59 PM Reply   
Wiggins vs. Harden tonight .... going to be an awesome matchup.

Go Wolves!
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-27-2015, 2:30 PM Reply   
I vote Warriors all the way to the NBA Finals, and winning in 7 games at home! BTW, OKC Blunder SUCK!!!!!!!!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       11-24-2015, 10:31 PM Reply   
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-24-2015, 10:41 PM Reply   
Live is good in the SF Bay Area. The Raiders were great during the Madden years. The 49ers were great during the Walsh years. The Giants are great during the Bochy years. And, now the Warriors are great during the Kerr years. And, it is such fun basket ball to watch. While some of individuals are great, they don't play like a bunch of individuals. Curry is looking like one of the best shooters the game has ever seen. It's unreal actually.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       11-25-2015, 12:20 PM Reply   
Except they've gone 16-0 without Kerr. So fun to watch. Hope we get a Warriors/Cavs rematch in the finals.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-02-2015, 6:15 AM Reply   
Good God, I'm tired of all this Kobe crap already.

It makes it that much worse, how bad he's playing.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-02-2015, 11:19 AM Reply   
Kobe should just retire now but he wants his standing ovations and make a few more hotel visits

Meanwhile, Curry and the Warriors keep cruising. Unreal.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-11-2015, 7:59 PM Reply   
24-0
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-12-2015, 1:00 PM Reply   
I'm really hoping they stay undefeated until their Christmas game with the Cavs. Might make it more interesting.
Old     (conrmic)      Join Date: Jan 2015       12-13-2015, 7:02 AM Reply   
how bout them Bucks!!!!!!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-14-2015, 8:20 AM Reply   
Fear the Deer!

Also Sam Mitchell is quite possible the worst coach I've ever seen at the NBA level.... He is the cause for 5-6 of the Wolves loses.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       12-17-2015, 3:08 PM Reply   
Poor Phoenix, they just got toyed with last night by the Warriors. Looked like an And 1 game. OH BABY!!!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-30-2016, 9:57 PM Reply   
ahem

WARRIORS!!!!!
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       05-31-2016, 11:33 AM Reply   
We Dem Boyz!!
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       05-31-2016, 11:36 AM Reply   
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-01-2016, 4:36 AM Reply   
I like pretty much everyone on GSW, except Draymond .... I hope they lose solely because of him. He is human equivalent of gas station sushi.... also as a Wolves fan, I would like to see KLove get a ring.
Old    deltahoosier            06-03-2016, 12:38 PM Reply   
Rough start for the Cavs.

I heard on talk radio how well the Cavs played in the playoffs, how they will beat the Warriors in 6 because they have Love and Irving this year and blah, blah, blah. While it may be true the Cavs have been playing well, the west is so much better than the east. OKC was such a long team with two superstars on their team and a center who was playing out of his mind. OKC played their starters extended minutes so the Warriors bench could not even get going in that series. Ultimately, OKC's starters wore down. The Cavs don't have the length or depth to play the way OKC did. Not saying the Warriors are going to blow out the Cavs, but I think they have the best coach, best ball movement, better conditioning, more depth and can score from all over.

Once I saw Livingston for the Warriors get going, I knew it was trouble for the Cavs.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-03-2016, 3:09 PM Reply   
Cavs gave up a chance to steal one in GS. Worst game for Curry & Thompson ever and they still won going away. I don't see GS' bench playing like that again or JR Smith only putting up 3 shots all night. Game 2 will be much closer but the Cavs have to play perfect to win there.
So glad we got this rematch for the Finals and OKC caught the Sonics curse.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       06-03-2016, 3:17 PM Reply   
Unfortunately I was in the air and didn't get to watch the game, but how much of it was Klay and Curry not playing well and how much was the Cavs focusing on them and opening up opportunities for support?
Old    deltahoosier            06-03-2016, 4:40 PM Reply   
I only watched the second half. They missed wide open looks and Curry missed lay ups like he did not care. In the very end though, Curry hit a big 3 and Thompson hit another very next possession to seal the deal. Reading articles, it seems like the Cavs were running people at them all night. The looks I saw were the easiest I saw in a couple of series so there is that.

The second team could not get going against OKC. Livingston was filling it up with his in the lane pull up like he usually does. If he hit those during the OKC games, the games would have been easier for the Warriors. The Cavs looked tired by the end of the night where I saw Curry and Thompson have those easy looks.
Old    deltahoosier            06-03-2016, 4:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 83Starsnstripes View Post
Cavs gave up a chance to steal one in GS. Worst game for Curry & Thompson ever and they still won going away. I don't see GS' bench playing like that again or JR Smith only putting up 3 shots all night. Game 2 will be much closer but the Cavs have to play perfect to win there.
So glad we got this rematch for the Finals and OKC caught the Sonics curse.
I don't see the bench playing so well but I don't think the Cavs bench can do anything and I think that the Warriors bench can actually score against the Cavs first 5 or 6. That is going to be problematic for the Cavs. Big issue is the Cavs only have one or two guys that can play both ends of the floor. The Warriors have 6 or 7 that can play both ends.

I know that people were into the whole wait until Cleveland gets Irving and Love back, but I think those two are defensive liabilities and the Cavs in general have not faced a team that plays a perimeter defense like the Warriors and then forces them to play spread basketball on defense to wear them down.
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-06-2016, 3:21 PM Reply   
Cavs are in serious trouble. Game 2 was even worse and Curry & Klay still haven't gone nuts yet. Pretty bummed this series looks like it will be a sweep or 5 games.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-20-2016, 7:28 AM Reply   
Wow, what a great series. LBJ is unbelievable. Curry may have been voted the MVP, but there is no better player in the league that LeBron.