Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-23-2012, 12:32 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9TMibzv_Smghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9TMibzv_Smg
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-23-2012, 12:33 PM Reply   
Old     (devildog_ra)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-23-2012, 12:35 PM Reply   
this is retarded but he does it really well. Im just wondering what his plan was if he didnt catch the wake or fell? how do you stop the boat
Old     (wspeedin)      Join Date: May 2011       04-23-2012, 1:24 PM Reply   
yea that dude is an idiot! I have seen this video before since its a guy from NC doing it. I would assume that there is a person in the boat but who knows!
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       04-23-2012, 1:53 PM Reply   
This makes the rounds every few months.
I think it horrifying, real or not.
Person in a storage locker or not.
Second beer on board indicating an accomplice or not.

To me it is still horrifying.

"Horrifying" because I actually had a recurring nightmare a few years ago where I would be trying this and the boat would get away from me and crash into shore.

I don't think any of these can possibly be real. The consequences are too huge. Death, dismemberment, destruction of boat. You name it. Terrible idea.
Old     (fgcuwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-23-2012, 2:06 PM Reply   
wasn't me or my boat and no one was hurt, so I say pretty cool!
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-23-2012, 3:18 PM Reply   
The only thing dumber than wakesurfing is ghost wakesurfing.

This is your boat.
This is surfing.
This is your boat on wake-surfing.
Any questions?
Attached Images

Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-23-2012, 3:51 PM Reply   
Has nobody heard of a remote kill switch? All it takes is the push of a button from someone on shore or another boat and it will kill the ignition. Its a very simple system used on kids' quads and go karts and can even be rigged up with the parts from an RC car or something. I'm not saying that it wont fail but odds are unlikely.
Old     (STLBlues4)      Join Date: Apr 2012       04-23-2012, 7:15 PM Reply   
Just for his stupidity I wish the video would have ended with him watching his boat end up in the trees, as long as no one got hurt. But he probably had someone hiding in a storage locker in case he fell.
Old     (riz)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-26-2012, 5:29 PM Reply   
i did this last year. i only have photos from my phone though. its hard to ride and watch for cops at the same time. very strange getting ready to shred with no one on the boat to talk to.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-26-2012, 6:16 PM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (fuzzball147)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-28-2012, 6:38 AM Reply   
Hey BCH, if you hate wake surfing so much then stay off the thread so we don't have to suffer your rants.
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-28-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
i think im the only one who thinks this is awesome
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-30-2012, 6:38 AM Reply   
I was thinking about this the other day... What if he had some clear fishing line tied to his wrist connected to the kill switch lanyard??