Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-03-2010, 11:07 AM Reply   
Hey guys; I'm going to Denver in May for a short work / fun week. My trip includes staying over Memorial weekend. Never being to Denver before, are there any "Don't miss" activities that I need to do or see? I will have a car available. My wife will be going with me as well.
Help me out.....
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-03-2010, 5:21 PM Reply   
Ive only stayed one night in Denver before heading to the mountains........ But i know that I got trashed on the strip of bars downtown that had Coyote Ugly and Lucky Strike. Then moved to PTs All Nude..... Im just saying..... You asked for the events you shouldnt miss. Thats on my list of things everyone should experience in denver.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-03-2010, 5:23 PM Reply   
The Rockies are in town from 25th to the 30th. Coors Field is an awesome stadium to see ball games in.
The Botanical Gardens are cool and the Museum of Natural History and the zoo are all close together.
Waterworld is a fun water park. Elitches is a good amusement park. Lakeside is a more ghetto one.
Red Rocks hasn't announced it's full concert schedule, but if you can it's really cool to see concerts there.
If you don't mind a couple hour drive, the Royal Gorge is a good day trip. Also Garden of the Gods if you like to look at rocks.
Old     (marshk344)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-03-2010, 6:08 PM Reply   
Its probably too early to do this, but if it stays as dry as its been all winter, you might be able to.

I would vote for renting a jeep and heading up to the mountaints for a day or two. There are trails everywhere, many that run up along the continetal divide, that are left from old mines that the forest service now maintains. Definitely alot of fun to be up drving around at 13,000+ feet.

If you want to ski for a day or two, A-basin is usually open until June.

Red Rocks and Coors Field are for sure pretty sweet too, I would try to look into them.
Old     (jungle)      Join Date: Jan 2009       03-04-2010, 7:21 AM Reply   
http://echomtnpark.com/

close and fun
Old     (epic1)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-06-2010, 1:48 AM Reply   
casa bonita
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-06-2010, 5:12 AM Reply   
haha I was going to put that but couldn't figure out how to explain how great it is without sounding cheesy.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-06-2010, 7:56 AM Reply   
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. My buddys nephew is Troy Tulowski (sp), so I think a game is in store for sure.
I'm thinkin that I'll stay away from all the "strip clubs" since therer will be mixed company all weekend. (Next time Chance).
Hey ColoradoWake; I LOVE good Mexican food, but read some reviews, and all said to stay away (?)
Dont think skiing wil be in store. I have a season pass to Heavanly and Sierra already.
I like the Idea for a Jeep trip. Do you need permits to access the trails?
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-06-2010, 2:23 PM Reply   
You don't go to Casa Bonita for the food for sure. You go for the cliff divers.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       03-14-2019, 7:17 AM Reply   
Anyone who visits Denver has to go to Casa Bonita, it's like unwritten law